1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Some friends persuaded me to go to the football game yesterday night. WSAU.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    WSAU ? What does it mean ? An acronym ? A slang-form for something ?

3. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Yeah : Where the Streetsigns Are Untitled. Don't you know that? That's why U2 made that song, it was all about football.

4. Ofelix

Media:
    Never was a fan of U2 to be honest. Uh, well I guess I learned a new "word" today. Your post intrigued me thought

" Yeah : [...] "

Was the Yeah suppose to be me ? If so, I'd gladly take up this pseudonym :lol: Although I always liked The Flix, can't remember who first called me that though. I mean I'm not just a Flix now am I ?

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Well... It's not an official acronym, I guess, but the way our team is looking, it may have to become one.

We ....., as usual.

Apart from that, I'm starting to get a little annoyed with my soon-to-be-ex employer. Granted, they've been great while I was there, but how seriously can I take a recommendation where, in five paragraphs, you can find gems such as "Septebmer?" Seriously, if I were to submit a glowing recommendation with obvious misspellings to a prospective employer, what would they think?

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Can't you correct the mistake yourself ? Or at least politely ask your employer that he correct them himself ?

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm still totally confused -- please explain WSAU the way you would to an immigrant from China who knows dictionary definitions but has no idea what connotations or allusions are attached to them.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Two posts up from yours. We S... As Usual. I assumue Suck, but Stink would be just as good :)

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Got it now! You'd think the city that fields the Edmonton Oilers would have all of its citizenry know that one!

10. Ofelix

Media:
    I love my sister and all, I truly do, but does her wedding has to be so excessive ? She wants a New-France era style... thingy, I dunno. So everybody's got to spend a lot of money on costumes. Maybe I'm just bitter, as a regular suit would probably costed as much, but at least I could have use it afterwards. She always knew how to, er, I won't say manipulate, but she always gets her way. What my sister wants my sister gets. Especially my father, what wouldn't he do for his "little girl" (she's 29 years old now). On the other hand I know exactly what to say to my mother if I want something, though I rarely use this "ability". I dunno, I just loath to ask for thing I prefer to do thing on my own. I guess that's where we're different. Oh well, if it makes her happy, I guess it's okay, she's the one getting married not me.

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

What sport is that team in? I can't say I've heard them before.

Since it's a signed and stamped sheet, I can't correct it, but once the public holidays are over I'll ask the HR if a corrected copy can be signed. I suppose someone still keeps the word file - if not I can write it down and email it to them, it's basically half a page.

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ice hockey, Canada's favorite sport. In the 80s, the Oilers were a miracle, winning 5 championships (said championship being symbolized by the trophy known as the Stanley Cup.). Today, they are in the bottom 5 teams, often not even qualifying to proceed to the playoffs. So know when I discuss them, I will use my newfound acronym, WSAU!

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Uh, Ice Hockey, I never understood why so many people love that sport or any sports for that matter. Playing a sport yeah that I get, but watching it on TV ? Why ? The Evening news on SRC* now there's a good program for you. And it iz edukashional two ! learning is fun weee :roll:

*CBC's french language counterpart.

14. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Quit complaining! With Pajaarvi, Eberle, Hall, Dubnyk, Ryan N-H, ect., the team will be a powerhouse in no time! :)

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I want to show my mood as Annoyed. I’m annoyed because I can’t show my mood (apparently an IE thing). Of course, if I could show my mood, I wouldn’t be annoyed; instead, I’d be happy. But I can’t show my mood as Happy, which makes me annoyed. So I want to show my mood as Annoyed. But I can’t. :grr:

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Just my luck. Ugh,

I went downtown to my new job training, everything was fine until lunch time. After eating a few bites of my sandwich I began to feel sick. I couldn't reach the bathroom in time, so unfortunately, um, I kinda vomited in the hallways. I'm still feeling sick even now. I obviously couldn't finish the training so now I have to re-reschedule the whole damn thing. Way to show a good first impression. I needed this, no really ! :doh::nolike::sick:

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

IMO, people watch sports because when you watch a professional play or do what they are pro's at, there is a small chance that you might glimpse greatness. At least, that is why I watch sports. Why see a musician play love or go to an art gallery? To see greatness. It's really the same thing. The thing with sports is, not all of the pro's are great. Some are real knuckleheads or average players. But you just might be able to see something that is physically amazing, if you are lucky. Michael Jordan showed glimpses of it on the basketball court. Willie Mays on the Baseball diamond. Pele on the Soccer(Football) field.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Uh, I didn't expect a serious answer, y'see I was my usual smug self. On the other hand it's also the first time anyone responds with a logical answer, now it makes sense. So, um, thanks ? Now how am I suppose to make fun of sport fan ? :lol:

In other Flix-news; my sickness seems to be gone, hurray ! Though I'm hungry -- I suppose 24 hours without food took its toll on my body, damn. To the eating place !

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Yesterday: National holiday (unification day). Evening match with Switzerland. WSAU.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    Ugh, the next training session is the 20th September, that means I have to wait 11 days with nothing to do and no money. Joy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.