1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@8people Anything but green, go for the rest though and I want the cleric spot!

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You're all hired. This cult building stuff is easier than I thought! :thumb:

Naminus gravitus est. Hail!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Kev and I are now debating what lanterns we'd be :lol:

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well since all the fun positions are already taken in the gravity cult I want to be the ANTI-gravity. Fear me :evil:

5. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@8people
    Have to be complementary colors. :-D

@Dice
    hah! good and evil axis is here again.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I guess Superman, aka. Clark Kent, must be the arch-enemy, since he defies Gravity.

Newton (the Theory of Gravity) and Einstein (the General Theory of Relativity) are of course Prophets.

I suppose the High Priest(ess) needs to be a Drag Queen. :D

7. Dice

Media:
    no no no no ... not superman - I am the ANTI-gravity all must float up before me unless you choose to stick-a-ground.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    On second thought, I don't want the responsibility of the archbishoship ?, archbishopness ? Anyway, I relinquish my shotgun. I prefer credimus in gravitatis, i.e, " we believe in gravity".

I may be wrong but I haven't seen "nanimus" in any of my latin classes (though I only did like a year, so I'm no expert) Were you perhaps thinking of "name" i.e, "nomine" ? Euis Nomine Gravitatem Est, "his name is Gravity? Or maybe "soul" i.e, Anima Euis Anima Gravitatem Est, "its soul is gravity"

Anyway, I'll stop with the latin classes before I bore you all to death. Actually I've got a little dilemma; tonight I want to watch an old school sci-fi movie, I've browsed through my DVD collection and I've narrowed it down to two choices; either Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan or Blade Runner. I can't decide which one to watch ! Help a Flix out please ?

9. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Flix

Most of my Latin comes from a handful of choral pieces that I sang in High School and College, and, um, the movie Event Horizon. :o From there, I take very, very large liberties (i.e. I make sh*t up).

In other words, don't take it seriously... at all! :p

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Ah yes "making sh*t up" I know that very well. I admit I've sometime used that on some test. Turned out I was right some of the time, to my absolute delight. Though it kinda pissed some other students who got lower grades than me and didn't err, how did you say it ? "took some liberty with the source material" ? Academia: fake it 'till you make it. :lol:

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. Ofelix

Media:
    Well, I guess that's one vote for Wrath of Khan :lol:

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From an old bumper sticker: There is no gravity, the earth sucks.

14. Dice

Media:
    Blade Runner! Robots ... come on!

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Elphaba vs. Freddie Mercury. Who would win in a defying gravity contest?

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I use to have that one on my wheelchair :lol:

Old One - Kev has nominated me as green, for some reason he thinks I'm strong willed and have a weird knack for getting my way :p

I did ask about the other colours but I'm too sneaky to be red, only seek wealth to spend it so can't be orange, too short to be intimidating as yellow, too shy to be indigo and I thought violet was just a bit creepy :mommy:

17. Dice

Media:
    Hey we've got a lull in the babbling - last post was from Eight and it was yesterday. Come on people - lets get some mindless chatter going on here.

Here's an unimportant and possibly uninteresting piece of personal trivia. I bought a small bottle of vodka this afternoon and will drink some of it tonight. It's been a while since I've drunken anything harder than a diet coke so forgive me if I get silly and decide to post later on this evening.

18. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    The big question is will Dice profess love or hatred below in her drunken state? (It always has to be at least one, though sometimes it can be both.)
    1. I love you man!!
    2. I'm gonna kick your ass!!
    3. I love you man ... I'm gonna kick your ass!!
    I'm betting on the love for now. ;) Enjoy!

19. Dice

Media:
    Sadly I've not have enough to kiss anyone's cheek or kick the other end but generally I get pretty affectionate. No flashing though :D.

20. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    That's not fair! :aww:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.