1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    *Dice passes Gaear a glass of vodka and coke* - *winks*

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, we were doing alright at taming down Rufus at first but he had a bit of an off day yesterday.

Also when it's dark it's hard to tell where he is as he makes little furrows in the dirt and sits in them, I opened up the glass to top up his water and he was just THERE, I had to use the rubber wedge as a distraction when closing the glass - he struck at it, bit it multiple times then withdrew back into the viv for me to close it and use the wedge to lock it.

Found out the guy that described him as a bit lairy in the shop before we bought him actually got bitten on the nose by him :D

3. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@8people
    Kev got it right, look at your icon it's kind of a green shade so it fits.

Your Rufus reminds me of an old song with the line "hisssss, I'm a snake". Is he by wild chance a Rock Python (sp?). Very aggressive branch of the family.

@Dice
    It's started up again so post away people! Showed mom some of your pictures from I think 09 and she liked the two, one of a face where you said you put something of yourself in your work and the other was Cat and Chalice. I hope I spelled that right. I can't get the checker to work right and can't spell worth a darn!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Damn, as usual I'm MIA when the opportunities arise ... :sosad:

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hell no, lol, I couldn't handle a rock python, I won't get a snake that grows bigger than six foot, I'm only 5'2" myself and the state my muscles are in means I'm also limiting myself away from species such as Short Tails and Bloods because of their tendancy to be mercurial. They could simply do too much damage to me, Kev would like to get larger lizards when we have space but again they won't be things I can handle myself without help.

Rufus is a Spotted Python, Antaresia meculosa. Antaresias are usually nippy young that grow out of it. However his previous owner didn't handle him, he's a second hand snake that luckily only has the baggage of being defensive from lack of handling rather than any particular miscare. He's got a fantastic grip on him, first day we had him home he dislocated my wrist, lol, he's bitten Kev but not me (not for lack of trying ;)) I can only have him out with Kev next to me so far until he's chilled out properly.

Actually I tell a lie there's one Python I'm totally in love with that's over 6' fully grown but he behaves just like a cat and sits on my lap happily snuggled into me - he's a Woma :) I think part of me would be too tempted to breed a Woyal though.

6. Dice

Media:
    Wow, I didn't know that snakes could be affectionate. Garter snakes seem kind of friendly though and tend to keep the garden free of pests.

@ Old One - I didn't realize that I had those pics still there. I can see why she like the cat - since she likes cats! I should really sort the old stuff I have here.

@ Gaear - I seem to be out of witty comments at the moment ... maybe it's the coffee :p.

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I have three royals (Python Regius, they get called "Balls" in America) and now they're used to me they're quite cuddly, Merlin will happily sit round my neck and likes to be stroked, Caelia prefers to sit around a wrist or curled up on a lap but sits happily being stroked too, Galahad is the only finicky one left, but we only got him the same time as Rufus so it's only been two and a bit weeks so far and he's in shed at the moment which makes them uncomfortable.

8. Gaear

Media:
    Tease. ;)

9. Dice

Media:
    Well you know, a girl's gotta have some hobbies ....

ION upon further delving into the recesses of my basement I've discovered a whole new (old) cache of drawings that I'd forgotten about. I was actually looking for a place to store my new drawing so I could use the wall space to tack up a chunk of canvas. Now I have a bunch of artwork to take photos of and maybe post a few of them here.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I watched Khan after all. Great movie too. I guess I have to watch Blade Runner tonight. It's been a while that one.

11. Dice

Media:
    I loved Blade Runner. If I had an old copy of it lying around I'd do the same thing. *Sends Flix an extra large container of popcorn and seasoning of choice.* Enjoy

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The fight with Darryl Hannah ... I always thought, 'what an awesome way to die.'

13. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@8people
    Glad to see your answer! Interesting information. I never knew there was so many types of a well known snake! News to me also on how much of a pet they can be. I always thought it was handle when necessary and keep an eye close on the snake. Cats on lap yes, now scaled ones too.

@Dice
    Put up more please. I wish I could just tag a Photos button like I can Blogs, I can't find them anymore and my old bookmark does not work. I look at the random stuff and tag what iI like.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    Dice likes this.
  14. Dice

Media:
    Just posted a bunch of drawings and a couple paintings in my pics. Unfortunately the color and exposure is off in some of them due to flash and other photographing problems.

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Dice, Blade Runner is currently on sale on Amazon they've got it on both DVD and Blu-ray.

16. Dice

Media:
    Hey thanks Flix, I'll check it out. So did you watch it or did you decide to save it for another day?

@ Old One - Thanks for the comments on the pics :)

Old One likes this.
  17. Gaear

Media:
    Those pics are quite nice, um ... DeeDee? (First I was going to say "... nice, Dice," but that sounded stupid, then "DD," but that sounds like I'm unknowingly calling you top-heavy.) :p

I particularly like Anxiety Room for some reason.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Nah I'm saving this one for tonight. Because of the stupid strike I've got tons of free time. So now I'm getting my geek-on and today I'll do some video calibration for my boxee setup, and maybe some fine tweaking for some steam games, it took hours to re-download fallout 3 and civilization V on steam. At least the process was really easy, just had to click "install" and voilà steam does its own thing in the background.

Uh I'd thought handbrake would run faster on a newer CPU, an hour to rip a DVD ? really?

19. Old One

@Dice
    Welcome.

Hello world, entered update land last night and darn near dropped my coffee when an almost gig patch finished when I went to the other room to talk to mom. It was finished when I came back a few min later. What a differance broadband makes. My Atari/cvc version of Sacred 2 even works and does not crash every 5 min or so. I would kill for the Silver Line version in gold that is no longer sold in the USA. I think I'll see how far I can get in it today.
    I have Flashplayer and can look at the stickys put up in forums instead of trying to guess what people are talking about! HAH!

Almost forgot, thanks all who have helped me with downloads in the past.

20. Dice

Media:
    @ Gaear - DeeDee ? :rolleyes: Reminds me a little of a 70's secretary with big glasses and a fuzzy sweater ... "Nice Dice" rhymes - kind of catchy. :D

@ Old One - Congrats on the broadband! Now you won't have to twiddle your thumbs while waiting for downloads/uploads to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.