1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@ Dice Too true!

@ 8people I just had a thought, do you or Kev have any idea why a pet in your country would be a Royal and a Ball in America? I guess it's like smokes having different common names too. I would much rather say I had a Royal rather than a Ball though.

If it was a royal that farted I could see the name change!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The latin name is Python Regius, supposedly Cleopatra and other notable egyptian nobility when it was fashionable would import these animals from other areas in Africa (Western and Central parts geneally) as these pythons are placid (even in the wild) they could be worn as necklaces and bracelets whilst still alive, they were termed Royal Pythons due to that cultural link.

In America they are more known because they are a timid animal and when scared their natural defense is to roll up into a ball to protect their heads. Hence called Ball Pythons due to what is viewed as a cute defensive mechanism.

4. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@ 8people
    This is reasonable. You really know your subject and make it interesting. Thank you for the explanation.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    :lol: Let me guess, did it sound like ssssppppppfffffftttttttttsssss ..... ?

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Smelled like chicken farts....

7. Dice

Media:
    Are they silent and deadly or more the constricting kind ....

8. Old One

@T2Bruno
    Just wondering, where and when were you sniffing chicken farts!?

9. Dice

Media:
    :lol: Good point Old One.

10. Old One

:D Old farts ask the dangest things don't we?

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG]
    It was just a surprisingly loud squeak :lol:

12. Dice

Media:
    Wow eight, you have your own live squeaky toy.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess you've never been in a chicken coup. Chickens are the most disgusting things ... and smelly ... and tasty.

14. Old One

@T2Bruno
    Oh yeah, mostly country boy. That smell wasn't to be described! We had a chicken ranch on two sides when I lived near San Dimas in California. pop. 2700 plus a few.

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That town is a lot larger than mine.(1400) Almost a city. The next town has a chicken farm complete with its enormous swarm of flies.

16. Dice

Media:
    I never grew up with a chicken farm but I did grow up in the country. I always loved going to the neighbors house and collecting chicken eggs when I got a chance. I thought it was like looking for treasure - or maybe easter.

17. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The city I live in has a population of around 160,000, which isn't all that big for where I live. In fact, one of the reasons I chose to live here is because it's one of the less congested areas. We actually have things like hills, hiking trails, horse trails and border a national forest. This is "small town" living. :p

18. Old One

@MerIanni
    Remember that was in the 50's and very early 60's. Now it even has it's own high school.
    I just like small towns. I still live about 20mi from a town of about 2500+.

@marceror
    The place we moved to Ontario California was 147000 and a few when we got there. we lived just 5mi from town in a farming area where sheep were grazed after harvest when the grass grew. We had our dogs, Delrick Shepards was the business, there.

@Dice
    Yeah, mom and I split the money left after mash and corn was bought. I got about a $1 a week, big money for a little kid back then. A real treasure hunt for me.

19. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, the good ole Inland Empire. Ontario is not too far from me, actually.

20. Old One

@Marceror
    I miss the old Ontario from when I left. That was more than 30 years ago. That place is long gone. If offered time travel....... no, punch card comps and waiting for a pc would drive me nuts now. Besides, no RBP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.