1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've got an appointment with a psychologist tomorrow (nothing too serious). Starts in about 5 hours. Should I get some sleep before I go there?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hell no MON, you might as well make the psychologist work for his paycheck.

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He can send that paycheck to my health insurance company. Still, I go there to help myself a little. Sleeping won't be of much help, so I think I better get some sleep. (He's got some mighty fine coffee, though)

"Have a good snore!"

---------- Added 6 hours, 51 minutes and 11 seconds later... ----------

I was a bit late this morning so after my shower I didn't pay much attention to what I chose to wear. All I knew was that I was wearing a black t-shirt and a vest. When I opened my vest during my appointment, the t-shirt appeared to be MUG-material and we had a good laugh. Nice session.

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's posts like this that confirm that this site is where the true geeks are hanging out! :p

As for drinking, I don't do much it anymore, but I did drink a good bit in my early 20s. My 2 best rules for avoiding hangovers were (are), don't mix your drinks and drink a lot of water (mixed in with drinking alcohol ideally, and certainly drink a big glass of it before you head off to bed).

Dice, did you forget to follow the golden rules of drinking?

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hey all ! I haven't been here lately, I blame the release of Mass Effect 3. I've almost forgot I pre-ordered the game until I received an email telling my game was ready to download. The game's awesome. Alrthough to be fair if ya haven't played the first and second uit can get confusing. Not me though, I've dutifully kept my ME1 and ME2 saves for this very reason. Shepard ftw ! weeeeeeeee :roll:

Also I'd advise against drinking a whole bottle of Amarula, it makes aiming at stuff in ME3... difficult, and other stuff too ! Like err.... walking, and err, thinlking.

Seey'all soon !

7. Dice

Media:
    Marceror, yes I forgot the golden rules of drinking. See since I don't play that game very often I forgot to read the rule book. Then I misread the currency and over-calculated on the payout.

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My first credit card was 3 months old. I used it in one store in Rotterdam, amazon, the book Depository, Kobo ebooks and e books.com. A total of 9 transactions, and already compromised and cut up.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My parents are visiting today, the flat is a state though so they're taking me out for an hour so I can get out the house and have some company. :)

Been quite a while since I've seen my mother so am looking forward to it.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's so windy here again it's impossible to do anything outside. Finally the temps go up a bit, but we've got such wind every couple of days that you can't even step outside the house for a breath of fresh air without getting totally lashed by the wind.

Anyone else having this freak wind for the past 2 years or so? It's so odd because until 2 years ago we maybe had such wind a couple of times a year. But for the last 2 years it's at least 30 days a year that are so windy it's intolerable.

11. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Been that way for the last week or so in my neck of the woods. Probably not as bad as yours as I wouldn't say it's intolerable, but it's definitely irritating. Especially when you're driving around and your vehicle gets rocked by a gust and makes you feel like you're in an airplane experiencing turbulence.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] What was New Zealand called before it was New Zealand? :hmm:

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

@8: Staten Landt. It translates best to State's Land (as in: of the Dutch state).

Ofelix and 8people like this.
  14. Dice

Media:
    Woke up this morning and decided to turn of a game of Zen Pinball while I waited for the coffee to finish brewing. I got kicked out of two online games by some little twerp who doesn't even know me. So I messaged him and asked; "Dude, what's the problem with kicking me. You have a problem with a woman being able to kick your ass on 1/2 those tables, Cabron?"
    Hope that sticks in a soft spot. :lol: And he know's that I am that good at pinball because that was why he was kicking me - just doesn't know I'm a woman too.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  15. Ofelix

Media:
    Uh, I thought it was Aotearoa, it's Maori, I think it translate as "land of the long white cloud". Guess it depends on your point of view :p

Which reminds me; in 1867 during the British North America Act talk (the unification of the then Province of Canada [Quebec and Ontario] with New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to form Canada) several different names were submitted and ultimately rejected but my favorite was Borealia "North" in opposition with Australia "South". I dunno, I just thought it sounded nice... Bo-rea-lia... Anyway, surprisingly few people know this.

source

8people likes this.
  16. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Haha, never occurred to me that she might want to know the Maori name. I guess I was too excited because I thought I finally found a use for a bit of useless trivia stuck inside a corner of my mind ;)

17. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    So... Borealia, eh?
    Sounds nice indeed. :)

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Meh that was almost a century and a half ago, I just always found that particular piece of trivia interesting.

19. Dice

Media:
    It took me all day to realize that the time has changed - I always dread the spring change getting up an hour earlier. I remember looking at my computer and then later looking at the clock on my stove and noticing the time seemed weird but not cluing in. I finally figured it out about 15 minutes ago.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] To be honest, a timeline of names is just as interesting to me :)

I'm on a world building spree again (not as fun as it sounds :() and going through a period of conquest in the history made me wonder what they would call new acquisitions compared to what they used to be called.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.