1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My desperate search for employment has lead me where I would've normally never go. I just posted my candidacy to work in a convenience store. We'll see what that'll do; maybe it'll be just as depicted in the movie Clerk. I liked that movie very much :p

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well if you like people then it could be a good temporary job. At least you can socialize.

3. Ofelix

Media:
    That's just it; I don't.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Too bad DotW isn't around any more, he could give you tips on how to deal with hating everybody and still be a successful salesman. :shake:

5. Dice

Media:
    Well, sorry Flix guess that sucks for you then :p

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jobless here too. And I like people, but there are no convenience stores that are in need of new employees. :p

I haven't seen Clerks, but according to that smiley it should be fun. :) Maybe I should apply for some night shifts in a supermarket: extend my life by a third, undress and paint young women and gain extra money. Watch Cashback for more details. :)
    Edit: Don't do that when at work. You'll probably find something that's NSFW.

7. Dice

Media:
    Well I got a job in art supplies sales so that goes along with my ultimate plan of living from being an artist. It is a retail job but at least I have a good discount on whatever I need and don't need.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Ugh, what I'd give to wake up not feeling dog rough...

9. Ofelix

Media:
    For the sake of argument, let's assume human cloning is possible and and widespread; is killing your clone murder or suicide ?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Is killing your identical twin suicide? I don't see how killing a separate entity could ever amount to suicide :)

11. Dice

Media:
    So are you saying a clone isn't a person Flix? That would be murder. Who is to say that you would be a more valuable person than your clone?

12. Ofelix

Media:
    Hum... that was supposed to be a silly or a nonsensical question I never meant it to be serious; y'see I just watched the DS9 episode A man alone that more or less explored this issue.

I'm just a huge trek fan. Heghlu' meH QaQ jajvam! :lol: :facepalm:

13. Dice

Media:
    Sorry dude, didn't mean to get so clone activist on ya :p.

14. Ofelix

Media:
    jIyaj. [litt; I understand]

Klingon is exceptionally hard to pronounce btw.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hate my job but love the money, not that I see most of it... stupid bills, stupid rent, stupid debt... *pouts*

16. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I actually really enjoy my job. Comparing it to all the co-op/internships that at the time I thought were okay makes me realize they really weren't that interesting. By the end of the four month terms for each of those jobs I couldn't wait to get out of there, yet here I am now, six months in, and I still enjoy going to work every day.

Wonder how much that will change in the 40+ years before retirement...

17. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Some high school acquaintances of mine were just on the show Tosh.0 and I seriously can't stop laughing.

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Which clip? I'm about to watch it

19. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

:lol: :shake:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Waitress? There's a tooth in my cake...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.