1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Jeez, was that at least over a period of time, or like the single worst day anyone has ever had?

In other news, I am very unhappy with Canada Post right now. When I paid an extra $12 in shipping costs for D3 I was expecting good service. This is also the first time I decided to have something shipped to my work address rather than my apartment. The tracking information says it went out for delivery at 8:17 this morning, and that is the last update I have (local time is now just abut 6 PM).

Since it has a guaranteed delivery date for today, whenever the hell they do show up at my office there will be nobody there to sign for it, which will just mean it's going to take even longer for me to get it.

Bah humbug!

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well Canada Post never was that good anyway, but now that our "illustrious" conservative government has cut back funding for pretty much everything that doesn't go "BOOM" it's even worse. Btw, now that things are going badly; let me say I called it back in the last election. But did anyone listen ? Noooooooooooooo.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I sure as hell didn't vote for Stephen Harper. What a dick. I hate him even more than I hated Brian Mulroney and his exaggerated deep voice. (I read somewhere about how he did that on purpose to make himself more appealing).

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Come on guys, we all know nobody actually voted for Harper. Look at that mans eyes and try to tell me he isn't a robot.

We better tone this down or we might actually have to start a thread in the AOLS about Canadian politics!

5. Ofelix

Media:
    Technically only people from Calgary Southwest could vote directly for Harper (and a majority obviously did for inexplicable reasons).

Would that be so bad actually ? But I can't help feeling I'd be the voice of the minority, :p -- It seems to me the NDP is the last one with progressive ideas.

6. reepnorp

Media:
    Maybe not, actually. And you never know, I'm always surprised by how many Canadians post on these boards so we might actually be able to get some good discussions going

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought you guys were far too laid back to lower yourselves into the political whining the rest of us do ;)

Ragusa likes this.
  8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hear, hear!

I have always wondered, considering how I stay clear of all the political whining, not to mention the bitter partisan bickering, why people aren't as laid back as I am, or Silvery of course.

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    However, on a slightly political note, I found myself agreeing with the 70's punks in this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17397222
    This country is wasting enough money we don't have on the Olympics, we don't need to spend more on crap like the sodding Queen!

Saw a fab picture the other day of the Queen giving a speech. The caption read "Woman in £1m hat gives speech on austerity". Says it all really

10. reepnorp

Media:
    [​IMG]

Can I just say once again that I hate Canada Post? :mad:

11. Ofelix

Media:
    That's why I prefer digital distribution, no need to wait for days in order to get the product. Although you require a decent broadband connection. I'm surprised Diablo III isn't available through digital mean ? I haven't bought a PC game in retail store since, what ? 2010 ? Gotta love Steam :)

12. reepnorp

Media:
    It's available online, but I wanted the Collector's Edition with all the extra goodies. I'm not really that upset about the fact that I can't play, just that I paid extra for expedited shipping. Hell, I've waited almost 12 years so what's another couple of days on top of that?

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Updated Firefox two days ago and still find the newish layout a bit weird. What is it with programmes now minimsing and shrinking their interfaces?

14. Dice

Media:
    Reep, you can say that as many times as you like - just don't expect Canada Post to listen :p.

....and about Canadians being too laid back to start a politics thread....well I don't think we need to start an actual thread about it when we can just write about it as the subject pops up... btw I have something kind of important to do but I'm sure it will get done eventually... hmmm yah I like this laid back Canadian thing...:p :p :p

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    From my knowledge of postal "services", they may listen but they won't care. :nolike:

16. Dice

Media:
    @Monty - Doesn't that apply to anything that has to do with any government anywhere ... unless it has to do with gaining votes. Then they care enough to tell you they will do stuff ... that still never happens.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Well, I guess "Government service" is a contradiction in terms. ;)

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Term is officially over for me!

Leaving the exam was interesting enough, hearing other people reacting to the same paper.
    "Well that was easy... of course it was impossible to get past question five without cheating."
    "I commented out the code that wasn't working, I didn't delete it otherwise I'd have only been left with the UI."
    "My search function was returning all results or none at all, do you think I'll still get the mark for it?"
    "... There was a second page?"

So I think I've done well comparatively :grin:

19. Silvery

Media:
    30 weeks pregnant today so every day past this point means I've beaten my personal best for staying pregnant! :lol:

20. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

And you can't even celebrate it with a drink :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.