1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    :D Since you asked to be corrected, to attenuate is to reduce the amplitude of an electronic signal, such as with audio. Those must be some complex circumstances. ;) (You probably were trying for extenuating.)

That's normally the belief maintained by those who hold (but attempt to repress) very significant degrees of feelings. I'm not trying to bust your chops Flix but if you really want to come off that way you're better off never mentioning it. Also, it's a form of self-pity, and that in itself tends to put people off. If you want to appear more attractive to people, avoid wallowing at all costs.

Just some food for thought in this non-judgmental safe zone. :yum:

All the cool Canadians hang out in Alberta. ;)

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You would not want to live in Northern Alberta. The quality of life is poor and the cost of living horrendous. Infrastructure is lacking. The high wages are the only way they can attract people up there.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I suppose I was... unless my friend is a robot dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun!

Yeah no kidding, of course it's an act. I'm human after all.

Edit: You know what ? Forget I said anything I'm not inclined to discuss my mental health right now. Mkay ? Back to discussing nonsense and the minutia of Life and such!

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    SHHH!!! Stop dissin' Alberta LKD! :p

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'll diss anyplace or group if I feel they deserve it! Note, though, that I am not talking about our beloved city. Edmonton has a vibrant Theatre community, a pretty decent symphony, lots of restaurants, a thriving nightlife (not that I partake in that sort of thing), a great Parks and Rec system, one of the world's largest shopping malls, close access to all sorts of wilderness, and other good stuff. But as we know, Fort McMurray is WAY overheated economically, and the undivided road that leads there is not inaccurately referred to as Alberta's Death Highway. I get to drive it for the first time on Sunday. Wish me luck.

Dice likes this.
  6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That road really is incredibly bad. I've only driven it once, but it was on the last leg of a 43 hour drive from southern Ontario. (Side note: Google maps says it takes 41 hours, but me and one friend managed to drive it in only 43 hours, even including a four hour stop in Saskatoon :p)

The last three hours of the drive were when we were incredibly sleep deprived, and it was past midnight. It got to the point where we just found a transport truck ahead of us and just followed it the rest of the way.

Knowing what I know now about that highway, there's isn't a chance in hell I would drive it again in the condition I was in that night. I'm just glad we were driving it in August, and not mid-winter.

7. Dice

Media:
    Although Saskatchewan is not my favourite province, I do really like the city of Saskatoon. I think it is scenic. I also love the town of Moose jaw for its historic significance involving Al Capone. Any place that has lots of secret tunnels running through it rates high on the coolness factor.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A month and a half of hospital is now being followed by... the vets. Funny which one is more stressful :p

Jinx needs an operation for a minor trauma on her tail, vet confirmed she's exceptionally healthy otherwise though which is a relief.

9. Dice

Media:
    How does a snake have a tail? You would kind of think that a snake is ALL tail.

ION I get to go to a school festival today and watch my son and his class kill a giant ladybug.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Only a very small portion of snake is tail, they still have hips and shoulder regions at the same points on long bodies.

And Jinx isn't a snake - she's a Bearded Dragon.

11. Dice

Media:
    Bearded Dragon? oops, my bad :p.

...RB seems to be slow for the last couple days, everyone must be out enjoying their weekend. I'm personally paying the price for forgetting to put on sunscreen.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sunscreen and hat, your two best friends out in the sun.

13. Dice

Media:
    Yah Tal, thanks for your too-late, after-the-fact, hindsight-is-20 20, advice :p.

In all truth I should have known better. Anyway I'm not too bad today with the ample application of Aloe Vera and Ponds skin cream. I now have a sun-kissed glow that will stay that way with the application of sun-screen today. Something around SPF 60 :cool:

14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Everybody says that gamers do not live healthy. At least they have the sense to avoid sunburn and skin cancer.

I have trees in my garden to hide under. Technically only one is big enough, its an Opal plum tree. The other two are strangely also plum trees.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Merlanni, do ypu have a son called Jantje, whom you forbid to pluck the plums? :p

16. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am missing the point.

17. Dice

Media:
    I think he is referring to this Merlanni.

I'm so happy its summer. I'm afraid if I blink it will be fall.

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Exactly! That's what I meant. You surprised me! :thumb:

Btw: the site says the song is Belgian, though this song was written in the Dutch Republic. Belgium (called "Austrian Netherlands" at that time) was not part of the republic. They do speak Dutch (or Flemish) there, though, so WTH am I nagging about. :D

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had a scan yesterday to see how the baby is growing and it's not good news. I have to have a course of steroid injections to strengthen his lungs and some pills to lower my blood pressure. I'll have more information on Thursday but I may be given an emergency caesarian in the next couple of days/weeks.

Really hoped we weren't going to have to go through this again but it looks like I'm just not designed to get to full term, my body seems to be incapable of maintaining a healthy balance past 30 weeks :( Ah well, c'est la vie and all that jazz

20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    :( Sorry to hear that, Silv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.