1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Mmm, I'm having an intense craving for some good sole filet now, it's been ages since I've eaten any. Does any of you have got a good recipe ?

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]

This is so cool. I was walking home from buying milk today and came across a couple of Canada Geese. When I got home I grabbed my camera and a bag of old bread and went back to see if they were still there. I found them again and threw some bread on the ground and they came right over too me. If I had reached out my hand the boldest (and hungriest) would have been touching distance. He was also making funny noises so I decided the hand was probably not a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Darn, now I want fish, too.

I got voluntold for a 4 hour OT shift 6 am monday. FML.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My fridge has arrived, and is working and I filled it with goodies!
    I got myself an A++ super economic one, and it is inaudible :xx:

Next step: Get sink, washing machine and cooker in working order asap.

After that, it's all cosmetics.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dice, geese can be very aggressive so it's never a good idea to get too close. They'll attack children and adults alike and can easily inflict cuts, bites and bruises. They're very territorial so they were often kept instead of watchdogs in the past (and still are to date) as they'd make a big noise and attack strangers. Actually, not only strangers... pretty much anyone that happens to bother them for some reason, including children and babies. So yea, they may look cute, but most definitely are not.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Alright so I've applied to another bank teller job (different bank than last time). This one offers a better salary and they're less stringent about the financial state of their potential employees. Well when I say better salary that's actually a dollar more. Meh, whatever, at 35 hours a week that's... 35$ more per week ! Sweet, that's what ? two bottles of bourbon ? I'll take that :lol:

Dice, Tal's right, I remember once on school trip to a farm (I must've been like 7 or 8) that a bloody geese scared the hell out of me when one of those stupid bird started screaming and rushing towards me. Stupid birds :grr:

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe. Yeah when my GF and I go walking through a park nearby and the geese are near the footpath, thay are typically very aggressive and have even chased us back. I'd always joke that if they got too close I'd wring their necks and we'd have goose for dinner :lol:

8. Dice

Media:
    LOL! lucky dice - yah I know they are dangerous. That was why I had a serious talk with them about boundaries and such. Anyway I still have all my body parts and some nice photos.

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Geese are the bane of every student at my university. There were so mahater them that come springtime the school would actually cordon off certain areas because of nesting geese. I remember one year they had to lock a doorway to one of the buildings because there was a nest just outside and several people had been attacked just for opening the doors to leave.

Also, they crapped everywhere imaginable. During frosh week we (as leaders) always made a point to remind people to look at the grass before they sit down, lest there be something else there waiting for them...

10. Dice

Media:
    Yah actually those geese weren't shy about leaving their droppings either.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Negre Modelo ... just made Mrs Bruno a Chocolate Margarita ... I love Cinco de Mayo.

12. Dice

Media:
    Wow Cinco de Mayo - I totally forgot about that. I'm not sure I would mix chocolate and alcohol. No wait, actually those little liquor chocolates are pretty good. They are pretty much the only kind I like to eat at christmas.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Wow, I found old black and white pictures of my mother and grand parents from the 70s. I'd never thought I'd see my mum in flowery funky clothes... that's weird.

14. Dice

Media:
    I love old black and white photos.

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Those geese end up in jet engines

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Or a frying pan. :D

:)

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm in exotic Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, visiting my wife as she works away on a job assignment. This town is OK, I guess, but still, meh.

18. Dice

Media:
    Saskatchewan - Big flat fields with one or two trees every hundred miles. I lived there once for about 4 months.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    So I am at work at 6.30 am on a Monday. on a Bank Holiday. Why is this my life?

Then again, on Saturday I may sort of have been one of the goths doing a bouncy line dance-y can-can to Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds so my life is kind of awesome.

20. Dice

Media:
    Line dancing to Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds? I love the Beatles, especially the weird stuff, but I can't wrap my mind around line-dancing to it. I guess I've lead a sheltered life.

Oh and I scored at a garage sale yesterday - got a whole box full of old D@D type game manuals for $2. I'm sure someone will eventually want them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.