1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Chev: :cool: Hey, and there'll be a lot of job-openings when the baby-boomers retire (and not talking about mr and missus T2B :rolleyes: ). This is one of the best times to get into the job-market on the service sector. :thumb:

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

:coffee: Ohhhh...one more day of 'party tray hell' (listen to Tim Wilson's "Chuck E. Cheese Hell" for a the same feeling) then Sunday off, and finally one last day at work for Xmas Eve...then the two statutory holidays off, and the 27th as well, before two (proabably) quiet days working just before New Years...

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I will have two friends here today, and we'll have a nice dinner before we all go to our families for Christmas:

1st entry: liver pastry
    2nd entry: fried shrimps (probably with garlic)
    main: carp (bleu?)
    dessert: vanilla ice cream with rum fruits

and after that, white Glühwein (hot white whine, with cloves, cardamom ... some rum etc.) :beer:

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Wow - it's amazing what difference a hot shower can make on your mood and outlook; I feel like a million bucks! (so who's gonna oblige me, huh? ;) )

Of course, the sun has since risen and is beaming down through clear blue skies, so that might be having an effect, too. :D

Have a wonderful day, everyone!! :wave:

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The Duke Nukem Forever trailer has me all tingly. 3D Realms - don't quit on this!

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ah, Saturday morning in the office needing to be at home. But that's OK; as others remind me, at least I have a a job that should continue for the foreseeable future. (Knocks on wood, terrible superstitious habit.)

I keep thinking this will be my last post till after Christmas but it hasn't happened yet, but I will still keep saying it: Merry Christmas! Happy Babble!

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for all good wishes. :) Maybe I'll find a better job after all - it was a reputable law firm, but I didn't like much of the internal mechanics, I didn't exactly like the way I was treated and I think a certain method of calculating profit prevailed over common sense - which would actually bring more profit if applied (common sense is a great income provider), but no. So perhaps I'll find something better.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    OK I missed too much RBP, I won't read 6 pages. I'll just resume my irevelent posting here.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My dad got his Xmas box Friday; 2 whole days earlier than scheduled! He was pigging out on cookies when he phoned me. ^_^

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Don't "hail to the king" yet, there's a reason it's called Forever. They released one teaser in 1998 and another in 2001. But since none of them don't show any real game footage, what's the point of getting exited?

11. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

I'm confident you will bounce right back into gainful employment! :thumb:

And remember - it could always get worse - I hear Wolfram & Hart are still looking for staff to re-open the L.A. office... :bad:

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Dinner turned out to be:

1st entry: fried shrimps with garlic
    2nd entry: liver pastry
    main: carp bleu

Meals were awesome, yet too much. I have rests for another very rich meal for two tomorrow.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Trellheim, this is what's got some people excited. Frankly, after a decade of waiting, it looks more like a parody than a real DNF to me.

Besides, hell hasn't frozen over yet, has it? I'm sure we're good for another 5 years, at least. ;)

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Had Christmas on my dad's side of the family today. We tried a church hall that didn't cost anything this year, but it was just a touch cramped, and a little restrictive. We'll be looking into a different location for next year...

15. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Tal, I've seen the new (third) teaser. Duke blowing smoke to the camera and the theme playing at the end. As you said, felt more like a parody.

I don't feel Christmassy at all. :aww:

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thanks. :)

Lol! :D :lol:

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and Mt. Dew. The meal of champions! :yum:

In other news, I've still got around 4 hours of work left...and I feel like I might be coming down with bronchitis. :eek: I'm going to nuke it with massive amounts of vitamins this weekend and hope my immune system can take care of things without the need for antibiotics. I *really* don't want to be sick for Xmas. :nono: :rolling:

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] 100 of these things? Jeez, we all need to get lives. :shake:

(And I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake, here. No need to point it out. :p)

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Time flies. So you should tie it up and stuff it in a sack so as to savor your moments :D

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Woah, I have been busy from sunrise to sundown for the last week, and I am on vacation... something's not right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.