1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If you check where the content is loading from, you'll see it's from China.

2. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

wow, i just found a great cartoon site on the interblag!

i've used like 8 hours the last couple of days on it

it's Http:bad:\www.homestarrunner.com

Stronger bad's email responses are especially cool

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Finally got my computer working at uni- just got back down here in time for the exams. Ah well, they are only first year ones. Now have to resist temptation to play games instead of revising. Hmm.

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Still on holidays :D

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    People need to be clearer.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Oops. Didn't check that. I also saw "Taiwan" on the shuttle and thought it must have been by Taiwanese. Wonder what this is about. Would probably help if I could read what's on the actual website.

It's not really clear what you're talking about :grin:

7. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

My bathroom taps have started developing a leak.

Bought a wrench and some valves, and walked all around the house trying to find the mains tap, to no avail. Found one tap that was attached to my water heater which my colleague told me was most likely NOT the mains tap.. not that it would have helped if it was, since it's totally rusted shut despite my best attempts to loosen it with WD40.

Decided to email my rental agency, and after a long series of emails, the lady who replied to me concluded that yes, I can just go ahead and fix the taps, and no, I don't need to turn off the mains to fix them. :rolleyes:

I was so tempted to reply with a really sarcastic email but figured it wasn't worth the trouble.

So now I still don't know where's the mains tap, and my taps are still leaking. Probably have to call the water company to figure out where it is, as they should know where the meter is, and it should be next to it.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...where have you been all these years? HSR is old news. It hit it's peak right around the time that Teen Girl Squad #3 came out. After that, things started to get lame, and soon after I stopped going there.

In other news...I'm friggin' tired! To get back on my normal sleep schedule, I'm going to have to stay awake for 12 more hours...and let me tell you, after waking up at 1am today, it's going to be tough staying awake. :sleep: :rolling:

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Are you saying that your taps don't have individual valves underneath them? Every faucet and toilet in my house has a water shutoff valve attached to it.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I hear ya. I just had two nights of crappy sleep - basically waking up every 15 minutes, then half an hour to fall back asleep, then wake up 15 minutes later and so on and so on. Much fun.

Had a job interview today. Went well. I hope I don't get it.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Urgh, I might have to pull an all nighter to finish this paper... it is due on friday, but I want to have a rough draft done by tomorrow so my teacher can look over it... but I also have two tests tomorrow and don't want to be too tired for them... dilemma...

12. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

BTA: No, I didn't buy a shutoff valve, I bought a replacement valve for the tap.. basically a rubber disk with a metal prong to put it in place.

I was looking under the sink, but as far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be an individual shutoff valve for that tap. Maybe there is one and I'm just not seeing it, or it's just not obvious.

My toilets do have individual taps that control the flow to their reservoirs (for lack of a better word).

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It appears that in South Western Ontario, Winter is being phased out in favour of a "Rainy season". This could have promise...

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My neck hurts...

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm waiting for a mod for HL-2.

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just went to have my blood pressure taken and it's a little high. :mommy: I need to work less and relax more, methinks.

17. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Boiler keeps breaking again. This time a engineer from the manufacturer is trying to fix it. Gah, i hate cold houses, i would die if it wasnt for the gas fire.

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Bleh, I'm ill. It keeps coming back and going away. Either I get ill properly and it goes away for good, or it just goes and stays away.

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You wanna know what I hate? I hate it when you take a sip of your coffee and just as you sip, you cough and you spray coffee everywhere...what a waste of a perfectly delicious beverage :coffee:

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Ah, fixing the existing tap/faucet. S'cool.

Nah, ye probably don't have any individual cutoff valves for each sink, etc. It's not always done, especially if the installing plumber isn't likely to be called back to fix things (really only a convenience thing) - and older homes and plumbing are less likely to have them.

Ah - that's the sort of thing; it allows you to work on the sink/toilet/water-using-appliance without having to turn off the mains - essentially a sink would have two - one each for the hot and cold intake lines.

Hope ye find the main cutoff soon! More than the wasted water, even knowing there's a dripping leak in the house would irritate me to no end, even if I couldn't hear it. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.