1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Uuhh why does this friend has to live so far away? It took us 2 and a half hour of buses :eek:.

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Hey we're still putting 'just' in the right place. :p

I think I'll just stay awake for the whole night and play MotB.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    This gives you away as a non-native speaker. :p

But seriously, your English is great.

I think I'll just stay awake and work on my paper+exam.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ironically, that sentence contains your most frequent grammatical error, and one that immediately gives you away as a non-native speaker (if it's any consolation, our late great Extremist had the same problem). Aside from that one issue (which I've noticed in your posts regularly), I haven't spotted anything else that would be eye-catching.

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I hurt from a full weekend of intense fecing training.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Grammatical error.....? Oh. :doh: Of course - it should have been "Did you ever suspect", not suspected. :doh::doh::doh:

My english is obviously not perfect, but I have no problem about understanding folks and being understood.

For my own defense, though, except on the web, I exclusively speak French. I have contemplated the idea of moving to the West Coast of Canada many times, and if all goes as planned, it might even be this summer.

Being completly immersed in english should make quick work of my own english's flaws.

7. Ofelix

Media:
    Meh, gym class at 8h00 AM tomorrow. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't the fact it's so freakin' early.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Does "fecing" have anything to do with feces? ;)

Montresor likes this.
  9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

That sounds dangerous. It probably would carry a distinctive aroma too...

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...it makes you feel like CRAP! :p

Hehehe...I couldn't resist. :grin: :rolling:

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    :grin:

Reminds me of a discussion back in 2000 when a hard conservative (and, needless to say, anti-Clinton) made a prediction about the election along the line, "Fecent people are taking America back!". I think he meant "Decent". ;)

On the subject of English levels, you can test your English here: http://www.world-english.org/test.htm. I got a perfect score on all four levels, so I'm not sure if "Advanced" means exactly what it says.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    w00t, full marks. Did misread one of the questions at first though. so nearly lost one.

Just about to phone up the Additional Learning Centre at campus. Need to arrange another assessment and want to whine about some of the facilities. For example the doors to the lecture theatres have no disabled access, I've been left waiting outside for ages where people ignore me, there's also one of my lectures a week in the lecture theatre with stairs only access, needed to be carried up once. Was humiliating :o

Also for a department that claims there will always be a computer lab free for computing students to use. There are NEVER any! I have to traipse up and down four floors to try and find a room with computers that doesn't require a key code. Most the time I'm no crutches and it's tiring, if the lifts are out of order it's even worse!

At my last assessment they didn't feel a laptop was necessary for me as I rarely make lecture notes. I might ask for that to be re-evaluated as I can't get home easily, have trouble sitting at a computer for too long (which is getting steadily worse for me) and if I have trouble with a project it's difficult to show tutors. Bah!

Kitrax likes this.
  13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...I just endured a hellishly long power outage. The lights went out around 1:30am, and didn't come back on until after 4:45am. :bad: Both of my laptop batteries were fully charged, so I spent the majority of the blackout reading some ebooks...

But let me tell you, when the power goes out at night and you're living in an apartment with nothing but electric appliances, making something to eat is a pain in the arse! :nolike: When the power died, I was already hungry...and everything we have right now either needs to be cooked, or reheated. I would kill for a gas stove or even a BBQ... :rolling:

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm so tired...I'm watching Gossipgirl with a fleece blanket draped over my head (yes :p). And I refuse to get up to get food. All around me is chaos and the remnants of exams.

I feel like a stoic sage...almost. :shake:

15. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Eh, RL. Shaping up to be a heavy year, never mind month, week, or day.

Watched the movie 2010 last night. More than 20 years old now. It was actually pretty good, and I realized, watching it, that I have incorporated a couple of the lines into my psyche, never mind that last message:

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA
    ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE
    USE THEM TOGETHER
    USE THEM IN PEACE

Most of you weren't even born when this movie came out, were you? Never mind 2001.

I'm such a :geezer:

Ah, well, at least I can still babble.

16. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, didnt notice my slight spelling error. Coincidentally i ended up spending the next morning bent over my toilet being sick, and i wasnt even drinking. :sick:

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I hope you meant "fencing"... :spin:

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Urgh, today's philosophy lecturer spent the hour talking about the questions that we will be discussing throughout his lecturers rather than getting on to discussing said questions. Additionally, for someone who believes that power =/= authority, he didn't do all that good a job of explaining it. Ah well.

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Holy friggin cow. It's COLD out here. -30C with a windchill of -46C. Even the house is set at the highest heat level and it is freezin'.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    I've the urge to play IWD II again, should I give in the urges and play until 2 AM ? Considering I haven't any classes on Tuesdays :p Any thought?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.