1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I feel obliged to post something in this thread. I found my keys, again. If I never have to pay how will I learn? Oh well...

Otherwise exams are tearing me apart and my christmas break won's start until 22:nd. Other than that everything is progressing quite smoothly in life.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...Mother Nature tires to help...with the earthquakes, wildfires, floods, mudslides, and shark attacks. Unfortunately, for those of us who hate CA's high population, she's been holding off in the tsunamis, tornados, major hurricanes, blizzards, and random polar bear attacks. :bad:

Only half-kidding there.... :skeptic: :rolling:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I got my Xmas bonus today.

It's not cash. It's not time off.

It's a shining 500 GB HD and a spanking new Radeon HD 3870 video card! I don't know at how much these two parts ching in, but must have been pretty expensive.

Wow. I guess my boss likes me.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Wow, man I got an Xmas bonus too! I'm closing the store on Xmas day! Yeah I'm workin' 8pm to 11pm! Yeeah! soooo happy

Who the hell needs to rent movies on the freakin' 25th?!

5. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Congrats DotW.. man, I wish I had a Christmas bonus. I've only been working for close to 4 months now, but from what I've heard, the company doesn't even give old-timers one.

I think I'd settle for taking some time off, but even if I did, I'd just be playing games, so what's the point?

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Well, the snow on the step and the walk wasn't as bad as I had figured, and rumours that it may be warmer and raining by Wednesday...

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

snow! I hope there's snow in SFO when I get there this New Year's.

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Woke up this morning and it was 17.5 Celcius in my room, which isnt suprising cos its around -6 outside, but usually the folks below me dont switch their heating off and my room stays above 20C. Still managed to drag my butt out of bed at 7:20am tho, cos i knew a cup of tea would warm me up and keep me awake on the measly 4 1/2 hours sleep ive had. I wish i was back at my parents, had 2 lovley 10 hours snoozes there.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sweet bytes, that stuff costs a bit. The parts are both top of the line in their respective areas. The card will rock NWN2 like there's no tomorrow.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I did not see Dan. *pout*

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :banana: After 2 weeks of cold water showering - warm water in the bath again! :banana:

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Cold showering in winter?

...Why?

13. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    4 exams down, 5 left. I accidentally went to the wrong class today. "J'ai trompe de la classe monsieur, pardon", a lot of laughs from the class and some running to the right place. Boy, that was embarassing :o

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

JE, you got the 100th post in the 100th RBP. But not the autograph, sorry.

Someone else has no doubt noted this but I am 5 pages behind due to a truly awful weekend and Monday. Note to self: even if brakes ARE making funny noises, do not go to dealer in Knoxville on December 17, the day everyone from every corner of East Tennessee converges on the place to finish their Christmas shopping in time to mail things.

We had a little snow Sunday, a very cold day both Sunday and Monday, cold this morning but supposedly warming up a bit. It's 29 now but should be in upper 40's for the high. Low on Monday was 21, lowest so far for the year.

Friends of mine who were going to Kansas have put the trip off twice because power at the family farm is out and no sign of getting back on - they may be in Tennessee for Christmas after all, against all plans.

I'll get the rest of the posts read and see if I do sound like an idiot as well as a babbler.

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've got an arachnoid cyst...which might explain a lot, but it's kind of iffy...then again it's also so very fitting, so much so that it gives enough justification to suspect that there might be heritable tendencies...scary stuff... :mommy:

So no, it's not a temporal lobe epilepsy as I supected some time ago...I don't know if this is better or worse or what. The good thing is that it's relatively small, the bad thing is...well read about the symptoms, been there, had those...some of them, that is...

revmaf likes this.
  16. Dalveen

Media:
    My flat smells, and ive not been here for a few days, and my flat mate has done nothing about it, even tho he was in the flat for all the days i was gone. Oh well, looks like im doing all the cleaning again...

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Sweet bonus DotW! :thumb:

We get our "bonuses" this Thursday. It's not really a bonus though...it's our sick time pay out that we get at the end of every year...if there's any left. I didn't call in sick at all this year...I was late a few time though... so I'm getting 32.75 hours. After taxes, I'm hoping for $350.

After the end of the year, we'll know if we get our FIP check (Fairchild Incentive Pay) which could be up to 3% of our YTD wages. :money: However, the "big" boss said our plant did well this year, but the others around the globe didn't, so we might not get our FIP check this year. :nolike:

In other news...I had to drive home in freezing fog last night. Well, I guess you could call it "freezing Smog" since our air quality is really bad right now. :bad: :rolling:

18. Dalveen

Media:
    I'm hungry and its gonna be more than half an hour before i get to cook food.

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Iku, went to the link and it sounds scary. But at least you know what it is and it sounds like there are some treatments.

I have now officially lost a document I really, REALLY need at work today. I am such a slob and now I'm paying for it. :(

So, babble on while I make one more whirlwind pass through the office looking for it before I declare it officially Gone.

EDIT: Unbelievable, I just found it! :spin:

But it was grace, not works, definitely.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  20. Dalveen

Media:
    In an irritable mood cos of work. Bleh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.