1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hey, hey, hey!!! Worked fine with me, that's exactly how I got my last jobs :evil:

(...not really...)

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I was wondering the same damn thing.

Exactly why I'm partenering with a friend of mine to start our own damn buisness!

Isn't it a bitter irony that *I* would be the one to meet wannabe employees? It's so bitter it's delightful. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'll let my friend interview them, while I'll sit back, quietly burn a cigar, take notes, and remain dead serious. If they can keep their cool, they passed the first test... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow Kit, I can't believe you can't find Easter candy overstock this soon after Easter. Most of the stores around here have lots, though I didn't bother looking through it since I gave the kids way too much as it is. I'm thinking of chopping up some of the little chocolate eggs and making them into cookies to send to my husbands work. I'd have to do that secretly though because the kids would be horrified if they knew I was using their chocolate.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That the weird thing about Utah... Most stores have very little selection of holiday stuff the day before and the day of the holiday (not Xmas), and once the holiday is over, the stores don't waste any time clearing out the old stuff.

Wal Mart is a special case...They'll fill carts with holiday leftovers and leave them out for weeks...but I refuse to shop there. :nono: :rolling:

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh well, there's this student job fair in college today. Might check it out, we never know...

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Almost there...half of my 11h workday almost done. We'll see how next and the rest of the week'll go, since this week'll be 11hrs a day and nmaybe next two weeks of 10h days, six days a week, and one very long one if I can get my schedules worked out. Man, I'm so pooping tired already, but that's just because a minitractor plowed some snow out of our backyard which woke me up far too early. After the evening I'll be ready to just pass out right on my doorstep and :sleep:

But now, more :coffee2:

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    After two hours of preparation, 20 hours of waiting (reaction time) and four hours of extraction and isolation, the 41,7 mg of ready-to-be-purified product is a sight for sore eyes... :D

Maybe with a few more ranks in alchemy, I'll get enough substance to survive the chromatography process...

8. Kitrax

Media:
    I always liked chemistry...but I've never been good at it. Back in high school, my teacher was constantly making sure I wasn't mixing the wrong stuff, lighting things on fire, or making things blow up. :bad:

In other news...I'm debating what I'm going to do with my $600 "economic stimulus" check from the government we're getting in May. I want a big screen TV, a 9mm handgun, a new lens and a flash unit for my camera, and various other things. I'd have to sell some of my stocks for the TV, but everything else is about $600 each...so I can't decide. :bad: :rolling:

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    It's 5:45 am and I'm still awake. An all night LAN is fun but i'm going to pay for this later :sleep:

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Got a job interview this week-end in a bakeshop. I can do that, how hard selling bread, cakes, and pastry can it be?

11. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Mike Patton!

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Duh, Kit, this is a no-brainer - the 9mm all the way!

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Why the hell would you need a weapon for?! :eek:

My vote goes for the lens, you'll see the difference in picture quality right away.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Kit - Stick it to the man and save the $600.

15. Kitrax

Media:
    Typical French-Canadian/European question...and the answer is: Because I *CAN*, and because I want one!!! :smash: On a less shouting manner, I want a 9mm handgun because I already have a 22cal handgun which is an extreamly fun gun to shoot, but it's time for a bigger gun...besides, if some a-hole broke into my home, a 22cal just might hurt the guy...after unloading an entire mag in to him, while a 9mm would drop him with one shot. :D :evil:

Well, I would...but I've already got 4 dedicated savings accounts, a CD, a stock purchase plan, and my own personal stash of cash...so I don't think saving it is an option. :p :rolling:

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Babble babble babble...got the night off work!!
    :banana: Go me!! :banana:

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    This morning, after yesterdays 11h workday I read this as "after two hours of penet..." :whoa: TMI! TMI! :o :shake:

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    A gun I can understand but a bigger tv or addons for your camera I do not. I wouldn't save the 600$, since your economy needs rolling money: it's called an "economic stimulus" which means that it is supposed to stimulate your *economy*.

P.S:
    Buy the gun.

P.P.S:
    No sarcasm or irony intended in this message.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    No guns! Knives! Knives! :evil: :outta:

20. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Typical yankee/cowboy answer. :rolleyes: You *could* use the money on something that doesn't make holes in your walls and other people. If someone really does break into your home, only the sight of a gun (your old 22cal) should scare them away, otherwise, call the cops. I mean, you really want to kill someone?
    Buy the damn TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.