1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Kitrax, no need to hide from me. Sociological not religious was the point.
    But that said, Loreseeker, I didn't have time to check out the link to your decorated egg before - very interesting effect, how do you do that?
    I've seen SP'ers in the past post about making elaborately decorated Easter eggs. They're beautiful but beyond my limited capacity, I'm afraid.

Meanwhile, yes, I have made my farewell visit to Knoxville's existing navigable interstate system. I tried a couple of alternate routes while I was down there and foresee major woes. Like most interstates, when both the main route through downtown and the northern loop were built, they cut off most of the roads that crossed their paths, so there are now very, very few ways to get around them.

Knoxville used to be called Malfunction Junction. It's about to have that ancient title restored, methinks . . .

And I just found out I have to go down there Saturday! My only hope is that on a non-business day it won't be quite as bad. I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, babble on.

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    On a related note, I think that it is time to allow Tesco to take some more of mine.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You know, 10+ foot long snakes are perfect for that too...why have snake *food* on your shoulder when you can have a nice big snake draped around your shoulders?

I miss my snake. :cry: :rolling:

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Nonsense, revmaf, I'm sure your decorated eggs are quite beautiful. :)

It's the traditional way of decorating eggs around here, and rather simple really. For the egg on the picture, I used a garden variety jasmine flower.

You need nylon socks or cut off tights, color for eggs, small leaves and/or flowers from your garden, and eggs of course.

Place a leaf or flower of your choice on the egg, face towards the egg surface and tie it tightly inside the nylon sock. Make sure that the flower/leaf fits nicely on the egg.
    You can put several eggs in the same nylon sock, separated by knots ( like beads on a rope).
    Place the nylon sock with eggs in water, add egg paint, and boil the eggs (like when you are normally painting eggs).
    When the eggs are painted, simply remove the sock and peel of what's left of the leaves/flowers. Their images stay on the eggs. :)

BTW, the outer yellowish, protective leaves of onion bulbs are traditionally used for dyeing eggs. The eggs are boiled with them in water, and the color achieved is a brownish dark red.
    Commercial egg colors are also used.

5. Kitrax

Media:
    Huh...I didn't know that. Does that make onion flavored hard boiled eggs? That wouldn't taste very good... :bad: :rolling:

6. Loreseeker

Media:
    :lol: Just the outer leaves, Kit, not the whole bulbs.
    The thin, hard, not edible outer parts of bulbs are used, their cortex so to say. ;)
    No onion taste, I assure you.

7. Kitrax

Media:
    I just bought 500 rounds of 9mm ammo. Add that to my dad's 1000 rounds, and I'd say that we are going to have some fun next Monday. :D

In other news, this could be the last day that I have my beard. I'm hoping to find out if I got the maintenance position tomorrow...and if I did, off it goes. :cry: :rolling:

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    It sucks when you have to cut your beard off because of work :(

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Okay someone I know might get me a job as a video game tester - how awesome is that?

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Doesn't fit that readily into most conversations.

I have mentioned it, but again, not in every conversation.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't have it's moments. But also it makes me feel self conscious in places where it's quiet (like church). I have it mildly, but I think I got a bit of everything there is. It's like a chinese food buffet. You get a little bit of every thing that looks good then by the time you realize it your plate is heavy and piles precariously that you walk really slowly back to your table...

Also, if I had to choose between my beard and a paycheck, the beard would be gone. Actually once I did take the beard off but I didn't get the job. When my back feels better I'll be looking into getting trimmed back down to a goatee for the summer...

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Argh... hurrah for wedged nerves... NOT.

12. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i'm back again. i got a better job. they'll call me this week to tell me when to start. i'll be running mazaks. i've been wanting to learn them. they seem to be taking over. it looks like a nice shop,too. and it's much closer. i might start coming back on a regular basis again

13. Kitrax

Media:
    We bought new couches! Our cats tore up our current leather couch we got when we first moved out...so we got a micro-fiber couch and loveseat...with a 7 year warranty that includes pet damage. :D The best part is, we got free shipping...so I'm not going to have to haul them upstairs! :banana:

In other news, We've got built in picture albums in our profiles now!!! I've already uploaded 15 or so...which IIRC, are already on my personal website... :rolling:

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    My first reflex was to say "really awesome!" Then I stopped and realised it means also having to test the really atrocious games, and having to go all the way through them, possibly several times...

15. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I work as a video game tester...

16. Loreseeker

Media:
    Wow. Lucky you, Cap'n.

Ofelix: IMO, very awesome.

In other news, I braided my hair. I haven't done that in a while.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Must be like being a professional sportsman: Making a living from your hobby. :grin: Though I imagine the salary might be somewhat more modest. ;)

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    About this much. *holds up hands*

Now that really would be awesome, even in the sadly underfunded sports.

19. Loreseeker

Media:
    Note to self: Do not leave brother in charge of discs.

There are two drawers filled with them, with less then 5% labeled. I thought I had them sorted out a few months back.
    It took me twenty minutes to find what I was looking for.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Happy mayday eve everyone! :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.