1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Kit, don't forget to let them soak for at least four hours every now and then. If you do not use no-rub saline solution (like B&L ReNu), you'll have to wash/rub the contacts every now and then too. It's less of a big deal if you have disposable contacts, like I do.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know Splunge, I really wanted to say something witty after quoting you, and I'm sure that statement is just open and beckoning riotous remarks but sadly I don't have any popping into my head so I guess I'll just write this boring stuff.

*shakes her head and sighs* whoa is me.

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Back from Frankfurt. Rags was quite right about the city center though but with fun people every place is fun. We also had a representation in the ECB with a group of Serbian economy students and it sucked hugely. One hour through security control and after that the guy who kept the presentation was an idiot who just pissed off everyone. We went to Strasbourg as well to visit the European Parliament and it was a great deal better and a lot more interesting. In addition a MEP kindly offered to invite us dinner. All in all a very successful trip though.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Mmm, smelly love. Splunge is a master of the armpit-seduction technique!

:doh:
    Small wonder, Kitrax. You do realise that, if they are anything like mine, having them in all the time deprives your eyes of oxygen? Only a bit, but it apparently begins to add up.

'Whoa' is you? Most of us say 'woe', but I suppose you could be reminding us just how cool you are... ;)

5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I just wanted to post to see what my rep was.

Edit: 4! Booyah!

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Cap'n, 4 is your rep power - the amount you can add to (or subtract from) other users' reputation. Your reputation can be seen in your User CP.

Check this thread for more info. :)

7. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Oh man, that sucks :( Oh well.

Kitrax likes this.
  8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    There's a raven sitting on my window.

He's been coming and going for a few years now. It's been a while since I last saw him. I'm glad he's back.

The bird is huge and quite magnificent... Not scared of people, too. It's barely two feet away.

Poe kind of raven.

Always makes me think of Erebor...

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
    In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
    Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
    But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
    Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
    Perched, and sat, and nothing more.
    -Edgar Allan Poe

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah, my doc told me everything there is to know about contacts. I can leave them in for a week at a time, but then he recomended I go about a day without them in between weeks. I don't do the full week anyway, I usually go every three days or so. :rolling:

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Here's me dodging another bullet! :banana:

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Somebody explain to me what gorram sense do TV commercials make?
    All of them have a nice looking lady shaving her legs, getting in a car, saying something with sexual innuendo and in the end you find out it's a cracker add or something.
    Now I understand that 'They' think every TV viewer must be a fat, beer drinking male who wants to see 1) Women 2) Cars 3) Food. But seriously, how does that help the sales of your product in any way if people only remember the other things from that add?
    I also hate those "0% sugar, but we won't tell you what we've replaced that sugar with. Ermm.... It most certainly isn't anything as unhealthy".

Bah. I'm just gonna crawl back into my hole.

13. Loreseeker

Media:
    "And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."

One of my favorite poems. :)

The sound of words, the subtle play of consonants and vowels...
    Masterpiece. And of course:

"Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'"

14. Disciple of The Watch

Argh, damn you two, when I hear Poe's Raven I automatically think of the wrestler called Raven and how boring TNA is without him.

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like ravens. I like crows too. Smart birds. Lots of personality.

One crow means sorrow.
    Two crows means joy.
    Three crows a marriage.
    Four crows a boy.
    Five crows means silver.
    Six crows means gold.
    Seven crows a secret, that has never been told.

I don't know who wrote that but I always think about it when I see crows.

16. Loreseeker

Media:
    Beautiful lyrics, Dragonfly.

I wonder what a murder of crows means?

In local superstition, seeing them and hearing them at the same time = bad luck.

When I take a bus to Belgrade, there's a field by the highway that's almost always covered with crows, hundreds of them. Near it is a meat processing facility so that's probably the reason, but the feeling you get as the bus passes by is surreal. Especially if they all start flying at the time.

In other news:
    I'll be spending tomorrow painting eggs with my mom. Easter time. :)

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Interesting. I always heard 3 as meaning a girl rather than marriage and that seven was a secret 'never to be told'. Still pretty similar.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Can my life suck even more? I just got fired today, after two days. What the hell for?! Do they expect me to know everything there is to know about everything in that amount of time? The damned boss didn't told me himself, he had another manager to do it. And I don't know the reason behind it. I am so pissed off now.

I need a ****ing beer now

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Working in a coffee shop doesn't seem like the most difficult of jobs (although, having never worked in one, I'm not exactly an expert here). What exactly did you do (or not do) to get fired? I know you said you weren't told why, but that in itself is usually a clue. (Sorry if that sounds unkind, but people are generally fired for a reason.)

I'm willing to sell my secrets to the highest bidder. :p

20. Disciple of The Watch

I have the next week off... that's not gonna be a luxury. Once that week slides by, off to work once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.