1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Watching "Whatever Happened To..."

Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke) has got to be in her mid 50's and still looks good!

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I want the GEICO gecko as a pet. :xx:

Ugh...the asthma is kicking my butt right now. :bad: :rolling:

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just looked her up on google and she does look pretty good for her age. I wouldn't have recognized her out of context though.

It is pretty scary what happens to some of the washed up stars after they leave the limelight. I was flipping through the channels the other day and ended up watching a few minutes of celebrity rehab. It took me at least five minutes to recognize the guy in the wheelchair as the "Bobby" from taxi. The years haven't been good to him. Probably alcohol and drug addiction didn't help.

Before http://www.autographdealer.com/images/JeffConaway.jpg

After http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/flipbooks/img/shows/celebrity_rehab/cast/jeff_conaway/2298.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ouch. No kidding, Dragonfly!

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Thats the same guy?
    Wow. One of reasons I will never drink.

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Actually, I think he looks better in the second picture.

Today consists of lazing about...mmm...still haven't lost the touch.

7. Gnarfflinger

I'm actually trying to become more mobile. My back is not co-operating...

8. Dice

Media:
    Have you considered some long sticks and strings?

9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Plans not working out are an everyday matter.
    Plans not working out for reasons which have no roots in logic...

It might be time for Problem Solver #2. :p

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    /me hands Loreseeker a sledgehammer.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Back from a 30h gaming session. It included Counter Strike: Source, a burning hot HD TV and smell.

Did the "Subsections" part of the front page change while I was gone?

12. Kitrax

Media:
    Ugh...

I just finished the longest week ever. :bad: The only highlight of this week was the fire drill we had tonight. I just joined the ERT (Emergency Response Team) so I was on the "other side" of the evacuation for the first time. My formal training starts in August...so let's hope nothing big happens before then. They offered me an EMT (Emergency Medical Team) spot...but those guys require a lot more medical training and end up giving people band-aids for their booboos most of the time. :rolleyes: ERT's on the other hand really shine when the s*** hits the fan... :thumb: :rolling:

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    What do you actually work as, Kitrax?

14. Loreseeker

Media:
    Decados: Thanks for the sledgehammer. Problem solved.

Trell: Subsections do look different now...

ION, no news.

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I had a fun weekend in Munich.

I saw Life of Agony live. I have to say that Keith Caputo was pretty kaputt. I felt he was drunk and stoned (my hunch: ecstasy) and in need of psychological counselling. The concert would probably not have worked wouldn't it be for the energetic efforts of base and guitar suggesting Caputo by playing that he had to do his part. Anyway, the concert was ok, largely thanks to the old songs.

Later, I joined, quite by accident, a Goth or rather Grufti club when a few friends and I wanted to have a look at it (only way they'd let you in). At the entrance I was admonished for being too colourful (grey trousers and red t-shirt) and violating the dress code. I stuck out like a sore thumb in all these variations of black and more black. I had a very entertaining evening there.

16. Gnarfflinger

Got through today without the Codeine. May need to get more Ibuprophen soon though...

I'll see how I feel after my Chiroppractor Appointment before getting too excited...

17. Kitrax

Media:
    I hate this question....it takes too long to explain to people...so I'll use links to help me out. :D

I work in microchip manufacturing...specifically in pre-packaged wafer production. That's all we do at our plant. We take bare silicon wafers and once the wafer has thousands of die (individual chips), we ship them to one of our "sister" facilities either in Malaysia or the Philippines where they become the microchips you're used to seeing.
    My jobs specifically is in Diffusion which includes several different types of oxidation which takes places in Thermal Oxidation Furnaces (the first picture on that page is the most similar to the furnace stacks we have...except ours are about 10 feet longer, and what you don't see is that behind the wall, the machine extends another 10-15 feet. Here's another picture...that looks closer to what we have. We have a total of 14 stacks with 4 furnaces per stack, for a total of 56 furnaces that can get up to 1200 degrees Celsius...which is 2192 degrees Fahrenheit. :eek: )

That's mainly what I do...but I also have to work with acid sinks, Spray Acid Tools, and dozens of testing equipment, and automation tools.

But now that I'm an ERT I get my own custom made HAZMAT suit, respirator, a pager, several testers that will tell me why everyone around me is dead, and a set of keys to gain access to the "fun" parts of the facility. :D

Hopefully that answers your question. :rolleyes: :rolling:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hey, I got copyrights on that! Besides, a regular sledgehammer is no substitute to Puters' Bane

/hands Lore Puters' Bane II

Freshly completed... may it solve your future problems :D

That being said, I'm back from NYC. It was an interesting experience, both in a good and bad way. I had to cart my arse from Manhattan to New Jersey to my damn hotel because I lost the rest of the group (the joys of an organized trip)... lost myself more times than I can count, but the folks in NYC were rather friendly and gladly pointed me the right way. Second bad -- I didn't had enough sleep.

OTOH, I got souvenirs for just about everybody for uber-cheap thanks to the boatload of dudes selling stuff on Pier 17... and I got myself a new GSM phone for my collection in the process.

19. Dice

Media:
    If I went to NYC I'd be visiting a lot of art galleries there. I never got the chance to do the group trip when I was in art collage and I heard it was a blast.

20. Loreseeker

Media:
    How can I refuse? Thanks for your prized Puter Bane II, DotW. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.