1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Apply it to your 'puter, and you will have no more 'puter problems.

Except maybe with booting it. ;)

EDIT: WOO, post #1400!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Well, a bit more than I expected, but I did ask! :p
    Makes some more sense when you look at the links.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...while working in a cleanroom is great for my allergies and my asthma...having to wear a "bunnysuit" that's 100% polyester kind of sucks when it gets hot. My boss made me the "Diffusion Floater" (read: everyone's b****) so I not only have to run around all night, but I'm constantly working around furnaces that have just pulled...so I sweat - *a lot* :bad:

In other news, the wife has gotten over 20 work offers this past week. One photographer wants to fly her down to California for a few days to do several shoots. :D We've got an interview with a local guy today, so we'll see how that goes. :rolling:

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Exam week.
    /me shudders.

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    First use of a new smiley in the RBP! :tobattle:

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Enjoy your prize - Puters' Bane II sports blade barbed wire (as opposed to regular four-pronged barbed wire on the original Puters' Bane) for extra problem solving power... your problems don't stand a damn chance! :evil:

Yeah, and in the process, the 'puter will be rid of the biggest virus in the history of the computing industry - Winblows.

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I am so far behind I'm not going to catch up reading RB's.

Not that I don't love you all, but this is my LAST DAY AT WORK (yes, I'm shouting) FOR SIX WEEKS !!!!!!:outta:

I'll check in when I get back. I'm heading off to a retreat center fo most of the time and won't have TV, Internet access, etc. but will have air conditioning :clap: which is not a given at retreat centers.

So until then . . . keep babbling! :wave:

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Yes, I think I can :D

Just got back from London. It was... meh. My visa is "approved" but for some reason they want to wait up to two months before putting it on the passport. Why wait if it's approved? beats me.

Being back in Edinburgh is weird. Everything is so quiet, and I live in the city center... London is far, far too noisy.

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Have you taught 'Puters Bane II to distinguish between Winblows 'puters and other 'puters? I'm a little worried that it might accidentally uninstall decent (compared to Winblows) operating systems like CP/M, OS/2, Linux etc. ;)

Also, I don't think "RAM DISK" is really a proper uninstallation procedure. :D

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Got passed my 1st dan grading at sword. w00t. :)

11. Disciple of The Watch

Puters' Bane is the brawn... the one swinging it has to be the brains. The brain powers on the CPU, checks the OS... if it's M$, it dies. If it's Ubuntu Linux... it dies a long, slow, painful, agonizing death.

I entrusted Puters' Bane II to Lore because I believe in her and believe she will make good use of it... as for the original Puters' Bane, I think it will soon be time to switch the barbed wire... and make a quick switch to blade barbed wire, just like Puters' Bane II.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

well, My chiropractor is now suggesting Acupuncture for my back. Apparently my Sciatic Nerve may go through a muscle in my left Butt cheek, and when that muscle has a problem, the pain amplifies. Mom joked about getting a picture of my butt with needles sticking out of it. I fear that it will give new meaning to the term "Face-Crack"...

13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Babble time!
    I had a nice time going to the marketplace yesterday and a thunder woke me up at 5am, so I'm here now :p .

Ziad: Blame it on the vogons...

Montresor: "Ram disc repeatedly" is the word you're looking for. :p

Oh, that's nice of you. :)
    /me goes to smash something up

14. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Craig just cleaned the edge of a piece of glass with his bare hands. Then he was all shocked when he cut his finger quite badly. Morning dear.

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not at his best first thing in the morning then?

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    New smilies? Where's this world going to?

17. Disciple of The Watch

I don't give a damn where it goes as long as there's plenty of caffeine.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's hot here. I attempted to get the mail without wearing any shoes... I got down the driveway with just a little discomfort, but the asphalt was so damn hot I had to turn back. :bad:

I wish I could set the outside temperature to 80-85 degrees and reduce the sun's intensity to just the right level. :D :rolling:

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Who would be.

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @Kitrax: It was hot here today too, although when I say hot, I mean t-shirt weather outside and warm indoors. I don't think the ground ever gets too hot to walk on!

Mind you, I don't cope too well with the heat, so that's probably a good thing. :heh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.