1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's 95 degrees right now...which isn't as hot as it has been. I'd go for a dip in the pool, but it's been murky the past few days. :bad: :rolling:

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I got sunburned on the inside of my knees...uh...pain.

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    It took a lot of paperwork and most likely a friendly non-vogon somewhere in the passport department, but I now have a visa for the summer. Yay! :rolling:

So, it's official:
    I'll be going with my parents to Slovenia for five days in August, to visit some friends of theirs. I've never been to Slovenia and I must admit that I'm looking forward to the trip. :)

No regular vacation this year, it seems, but I hardly mind. Home is a great place to be after all Uni related absence.

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Something smells yummy.

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'll trade you. I've got gas...

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ewwwwww....:outta:

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :coffee2: :tobattle:

Which describes the process that I am going through. Maybe it's the strength of my coffee ;)

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations! Nothing beats that warm fuzzy feeling when you see a new visa on your passport :D

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Must be that inner sun shining too bright. Or are you referring to the burns that you get from riding the sun too long? :p

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    My shoulders feel half-dead still- quite the session at the gym yesterday!

I wince in empathy.

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Poll.
    Should I get these books (four of them in a series) for $43.12USD a pop?

Pros:
    They're REALLY GOOD BOOKS. I've read them in the library, they're beautifully bound in hardcover, they're a complete collection, they're translated by the best in the business, and they're the preferred translation for my university lecturers (and, I gather, in many places across the world too). They're likely to last my whole life, and I get to up my Pretentious Grade by a whole level by their mere posession (not to mention the customary quoting that will come from it).

Cons:
    That's like $200 USD.

Decisions, decisions...

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sure, get them. And don't forget to use the SP link on top of the page. ;)

13. Loreseeker

Media:
    DM: Imho, the main point is whether or not you really like those books enough to want to have them for the rest of your life. There are some fantastic books that I've seen/read, but never really wanted to have them in my own library.
    The books you mention are rather expensive, true.
    So, how bad do you want them in your library? If you really like them, get them. :)

ION, I really should find a way to spark my interest in medicinal chemistry... I've been dodging it for days.

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Wait.
    /me does big calculations :whydidn'twegetacalculationsmiley:

...That's like 125€ nowadays. :lol:

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Tomorrow morning I go for Acupuncture. I get a bunch of Needles stuck in my butt...

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Finally finished my exams. :)

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hopefully you don't have any dangerous pimples there :p.

ION we've had rainy weather here for the last 4 or 5 days and I can't begin to describe how happy that I'm able to sleep at night without having to wake up and take a cold bath to get back to sleep.

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Aww. We've had a seagull baby just outside for a while now, it might be blind since it doesn't move around much. It also hasn't learned to fly and I don't see the angry mother defending it anymore (yesterday it was attacking anyone who came to our street).
    I feel bad for the little guy, but don't really have the time to take care of it. :aww:

19. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Got my ears cleaned out today by ear syringe. Feels soooooo good, especially since I've been practically deaf for the past few weeks.

Although now I feel like everyone's shouting, and background noise has suddenly increased a hundredfold. It's kind of frightening, and in some ways I think I prefer having a natural crap-music-filter.

On the other hand, being able to listen to nature's acoustics in more detail is worth the junk.

20. Loreseeker

Media:
    Trell: Maybe you could phone some organisation that deals with helping wildlife, or a vet or something...? Poor little bird.

No RP today... again.
    /me throws a Roman history textbook at DM and wanders off to RL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.