1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think from now on I'm going to assume that everyone I meet is a jerk. That way, if they actually are a jerk, I won't be disappointed, and if they're not, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I hate disappointment, and like pleasant surprises.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :idea: Hmm, merging random and babble makes rabble.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sure Tal, why not do the 18+ thing. Then we can chat about racey things and Barmy Army would have a place to post most of his stuff :p. The younger members can have something to look forward to when the reach the right age.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I forgot to bring lunch and my Eftpos card; my girlfriend has also neglected to bring her Eftpos card. All I've eaten since I woke up is a piece of a bun thingy. I don't get home till seven; it's currently 11:35am.

Gonna be a long afternoon...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Looks like school's gonna be starting, after all. They called me at 8:22 this MORNING, wanting me to start IN THE AFTERNOON. Thanks, but no thanks, my bro and I succesfully bargained to start tomorrow.

Damn anticipation. I HATE that feeling.

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    /me passes DM a sandwich ( no ham :p )

Splunge: Expecting more surprises or lacks of disappointment?

DotW: Good luck with school. Pack Puter Bane and you're set to go. :)

ION: A grasshopper has decided to sleep in my bed after it somehow got inside the house. As a result, I just had a bouncy twenty minutes of chasing him out the window. That thing can really jump.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Lore, what, you mean you don't do hardcore insect hunt? You know, the one where the critter goes *SPLAT* under the metal head and bladed barbed wire?

9. Dice

Media:
    I'd probably do the same as Loreseeker. I generally let critters go unless the possess the potential to do my home harm. I don't have any problem slapping mosquitoes and if I ever saw a roach I would squish it fast. I try and let the spiders go because I figure they are doing me a favor.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  10. Disciple of The Watch

Boooooooooooooooring. :shake:

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    The rule for spiders in my house is stay off my body, and outta my bed or shower. One did violate the rules recently, but it was such a cute little thing I let it crawl up & down my arm for several minutes before I went outside and shook it off into the bushes.
    Huntsman spiders like to show up in the shower. If they let me catch 'em quickly, they live. If not, they die.

Roaches just have to die as quickly as possible.

ION, at work I am configuring the replacement web server. it's turning out to be a boring pain in the rear.

12. Disciple of The Watch

F'N crap! I just realized when taking the first bite I made my sandwich with *honey dijon mustard*! Argh!

Hey, Stef, did you ever got to install prebuilt HP servers? So easy. So freaking boring. I had one prebuilt HP server to build at work in my last month there (just goes to show how much they trusted me), in Server 2003. it was so boring I freaking fell asleep.

13. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Nah, we use IBM and Dell servers. The one I'm configuring right now is a VMWare machine (IBM hardware) running Windows Server '03, Apache Web server, and Serv-U FTP server. This is the faculty/staff web server, so I have to make it easy for non tech-savvy people to upload to, while making sure they can't get to directories they shouldn't be in. Oh yes, and I have to do all of this using Active Directory authentication. What fun :rolleyes:
    Right now I'm crunched for storage space, since the iSCSI controllers for the SAN have not come in yet. I seem to always be assigned the nightmare servers. At least this one is a production server, and not a developers server.

On that note, time for me to get some sleep, so I don't smash the server to smithereens out of frustration. Goodnight, all.

14. Disciple of The Watch

I feel your pain...

15. Dice

Media:
    g-night Stefanina - don't let the spiders bite :D. Try not to have computer nightmares. I know I try not to.

I took some nice photos this weekend. My mother has some chipmunks that come to visit in the morning and the evening and they are getting very used to people. I managed to get some photos from about a foot away.

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It's harder to stay up all night when you can't get enough sleep in the daytime...

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...Training is killing me. Sooooo much information to absorb in such a short time...my head feels like it's going to pop. :eek:

Tomorrow we get to play with fire though... :D :rolling:

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Nah, not really. I usually just get them out the nearest window/door. No real point in killing a creature that isn't trying to hurt anyone.

I'm keeping the metal head + barbed wire for real enemies... stubborn jam jars :p

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I got my school report back. It was depressing. What was more depressing it was still better then last year :(

20. Dice

Media:
    You would think that it would be more depressing if it was worse then last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.