1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I think the last post was made on Sept 9 but somebody voted on Sept 16.

2. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

an edit perhaps?

the plot thickens....

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Votes in a poll count as a new post, it's bugged me for a while too, I check New Posts every few minutes :xx:

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

NO! /sits down and rocks back and forth like a psycho

When I do not smile, I look like a convict, or a customs agent. When I DO smile, I look like a creepy evil bastard. You do the math. :p

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    3 am inhalation treatment - rejoice, lungs and airways.
    The stuff doesn't taste bad, though... makes me a bit hungry.

*makes hot chocolate for everyone*

balle: Nunchaku still sounds better :p

Ziad: Welcome back. :)

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Quoted from Balle
    Those are weapons not tools :p *beats Balle on the head with said multinamed wooden weapon*

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My ISP is being un-co-operative again. Hopefully we actually do contact another High Speed provider soon.

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

There's a football player for my university's team named Nwachukwu... almost there.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    1400th post. Ding!

10. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

haha!

you might not be completely correct about that!

look here: (from wikipedia)

The popular belief is that the nunchaku was originally a short Southeast Asian flail used to thresh rice or soybeans (that is, separate the grain from the husk). It is possible that it was developed in response to the moratorium on edged weaponry under the Satsuma daimyo after invading Okinawa in the 17th century, and that the weapon was most likely conceived and used exclusively for that end, as the configuration of actual flails and bits are unwieldy for use as a weapon. Also, peasant farmers were forbidden conventional weaponry such as arrows or blades so they improvised using only what they had available, farm tools such as the sickle. The modern weapon would be an effective flail.

Source

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    How, what a day.

Yesterday was our official 2 year anniversary, so the wife and I didn't want to schedule any shoots, but we did anyway due to the location. We went up to the Upper Provo Falls, which is a stunning stretch of the Provo River that has several "stairway" waterfalls. We took the scenic byway which took an additional 2 hours to get to, but we drove past 2 reservoirs, another set of waterfalls known as the Bridal Veil Falls, and several large patches of Aspen trees that are changing to their autumn colors, so all in all, it was a very enjoyable 3 hour drive. :D I'm currently editing the RAW files right now, and I'll post some pictures in a few hours...or whenever I get around to it. :p

The water was about 40 degrees F, so it was a bit of a shock to stand in, but the shots I got were worth freezing my feet and legs off. :bigeyes:

[EDIT] Ok, they're up...I guess I'm not a lazy as I thought. :p :rolling:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for the chocolate Lore! Nothing like it on a cloudy day like this.

Kit, very nice pics!

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I splurged a bit earlier today and got me a spanking new Zen. Even better, I can recycle my microSD for extra capacity. 2GB might not be that big, but considering on how limited a budget I am, it's pretty good, and a definitive improvement over my battered, beaten MuVo.

ION, the "case evaluation" went everything but smooth. I'll be readmitted... in January.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I don't post much in the RBP anymore... I don't have much to babble about I guess?

15. Loreseeker

Media:
    Looks like I might be getting some more games in rather near future. :D The store I buy games at has surprised me with how reasonable some of the prices are - much better then a few months ago, anyway.
    Current possibilities: Fallout Collection (1/2 and Tactics), Myst IV: Revelation, Beyond Good and Evil, maybe Riven. Prince of Persia Trilogy also has a good price... choices, choices...

I should be studying right about now. (Every time I think that, I'm here - how strange. :p )

Ziad: You're welcome.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Your randomness interests me. Please, continue.

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Late nights on the net means I sleep most of the day. I'm hoping to change that when we get High speed--which could be very soon if Mom doesn't like what she hears back from the company we've been waiting for...

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Maybe it's better to be sitting in the RBP thinking about your desk than it is to be sitting at the desk thinking about the RBP. :D

19. Loreseeker

Media:
    Montresor: Maybe? Absolutely. :D

I'm still impersonating a locomotive with the inhalling apparatus. Rather fun actually.

RP tomorrow. Yay! ^_^

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm not living at university with Salamander :)

Term starts in about a week, got Freshers starting Monday, there's a partially sighted girl who lives snext door to me who's really nice, her dog is adorable!

Still haven't unpacked everything, have been in pain in my wheelchair; I have got my fluffy dice and horn back on it though, so it's all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.