1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm really hoping that I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'll be some ticked if I don't...

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Off to Dublin tomorrow morning! I'm really looking forward to it too. I'll be back in 10 days, after a very brief passage through London and Devon (and London again). I'll try to have BoM access while there but if I don't then take care everyone!

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well ya know Gnarf, if you weren't so many provinces away I would be happy to pop over and knock you on the head with a sledgehammer. All for the sake of being a good neighbor, you know.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hey! No one whacks people on the head with sledgehammers except me!

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh, it's probably for the best that my phone can't handle it...

Ziad: Enjoy your trip. Have fun in Dublin! :)

Disciple: Awh, come on, don't be a spoilsport. Sledgehammers are to be used for the good of humanity - on the heads of humanity and its 'puters, all the time. :p You can't be everywhere at once... and :smash: is too fun to miss.

6. Disciple of The Watch

I see you have taken my lessons to heart, my apprentice. That's good. :evil:

7. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

guhhhh i hate moscow ml and sml! and friggin emacs!

also am i the only one not backing up my system at all?

i have NEVER made a single backup of my own system(s) ever...
    i think it's mostly because i really can't see the point... the setiings i use are fairly standard i think, and if i have a crash, give me about 1½ hours and everything will be back to normal
    and i don't have anything on my computer that i would cry over losing, well maybe code in progress but it is usually uploaded somewhat directly to uni.

the second is money i guess, being a student and all, though i have 4 labtops, might be able to set one up with and external hdd for backups, but what's the point really?

</semi-rant>

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    He's going to be in that new Coen movie. I want to see it now.

ION, I need a new microphone. Maybe this one.
    Why the Elvis model, you ask? Because it's awesome.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, I'm currently apparently so very enthusiastic about solid state drives that my friends mock me and ask whether I want to sell them something :shake: well, to be honest, it's more like advance bragging :clap: and excited anticipation :bigeyes:

:spin: I want two, no, four of them 64GB OCZs. :rolling: Now. :roll:

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... had my dryer malfunction during tropical storm Fay. Went to see if I could fix it yesterday, overbalanced the machine, and frantically corrected, causing it to BANG hard back into place. Then I plugged it in to show my helper friend what it was doing, and it suddenly worked. Seems that the force of impact jarred a stuck relay loose.
    The "bigger hammer" theory works yet again, in an indirect manner.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Ahh, trusty ol' blunt weapons - Is there anything a sledgehammer can't solve?

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Dfly: Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I really don't need a concussion.

DotW: I just don't trust you to stop at one shot, and You'd rig it with barbed wire and explosives...

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh yah? And what about Maxwell? And if you don't know what I'm talking about just ask Paul or Ringo.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] In a publication I just read the fashionable term 'employee branding' :mad: Outrageous! :mad: I immediately stopped reading! :mad: Not only constitutes branding grievous bodily harm, even with adequate medical supervision it is reminiscent of slavery (It also shows poor taste). Isn't it way easier to demonstrate your dominion over your employees by herding them in cubicles, or forcing them to wear tags, funny hats or silly uniforms? :D

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I think I magically managed to kill my comp. I think it's the floppy drive that's causing the trouble. It's making a weird noise as if it's trying to read it all the time, and when I unplugged the floppy drives wires the noise stopped.

As it is, it just doesn't want to start. I think I'll try and swap my old comp's floppy drive into it.

But I'm tempted to go get me a sledge and whack that muthuh into smithereens. :bang: :smash:

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Well, I guess it'd take a silver (sledge)hammer +1 [Maxwell] to kill a werewolf. :D

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Actually he was arrogant from when he was 15. Drove a bloody Mercedes to school.

I'm torn between hating him and trying to work for him. :D

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    All this talk of (sledge)hammers warms my little heart... :D

Stef: Nice solution to dryer problem. As hammers go, very few things can defeat gravity assisted surface of planet Earth... :p

ION (Bad): My mites allergy kicked in... hard - I had just 2 hours sleep (1+1) last night because of it, even under full therapy. :sick: I'm wheezing like a philharmonia and dreaming of corticosteroid shots... Not to mention that I feel like a piano fell on me.

ION (Good): My exam is on Thursday! (which is good since it could have been today). :)

19. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hey, when did the center ad on the homepage start talking?

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.