1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

If I get one more drunken mofo messing with me, then he's gonna wear his ass as a hat. I came *this* close to snapping and beating the living crap out of one random drunken mofo. My boss prolly wouldn't have gave a damn. Quote those famous lyrics -- Next [censored]'s gonna get my metal!

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My Brother and his gf are coming tomorrow, so that's where we probably do our main gift exchange. Beyond that, the 25th might be quiet (unless I decide to watch the Comedy Network's celebrity roast marathon and they really are that good). The only downside of the holiday season this year is that the one Hockey tournament will likely have the Canadian games on opposite NHL games. Too bad, I like watching Hockey all day after my Boxing day shopping (but I won't be doing that this year either).

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Not looking forward to spending the night in a B&B on Christmas night :rolleyes: The B&B people have a dog as well, my mother is a canophobe. The person arranging this claims hautily to have informed us of this - which she didn't.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

My sister's former-marine boyfriend is teaching me how to fight (defensively, I don't want to hurt people, only stop them from hurting me), which rocks hard. It is actually pretty simple, I just have to build up some muscle and learn how to react quickly(er).

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...MassEffect is ruining my chance of getting a good grade in both my classes this quarter. :bad: No one told me it was so addicting. :rolleyes:

Things are only going to get worse however, since I'm going to be getting several more PC games for Xmas. :bad:

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Think how I feel, I'm expected to keep up with all the news in the gaming world, play the latest games in a variety of genres, learn about older games, do all my coursework and keep up with my studies :lol:

7. Disciple of The Watch

This freaking week's done. Not a minute too soon either.

On a different note... what?

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ok this is weird, I just woke up and there's nobody home, both my parents are just gone, the car isn't in the driveway, no notes, no nothing. It's kinda like Home Alone 'cept I'm 20 not 8, and I doubt Joe Pesci will come to rob the place :lol:

9. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] O rly? :evil:

I woke up when my mother said goodbye and promptly fell asleep again. She didn't even notice I tidied my room during the night! Bah!

10. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Hurray, typing again!
    I've been stuck in traffic for several hours today and nearly late for a bromatology test (which went rather good, hopefully :) )

The holidays are just a few days, one more test and a huge traffic jam away.

Also, I've just realised how happy it makes me to log to BoM and flick the threads. Here's to all of you, SPers.

*raises a mug of hot chocolate*

11. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, after bitter (for here) cold on Monday it's up to 60F, almost 16C here today. However it is very, very windy, as a front passes through. Had the car door jerked out of my hand when I parked at work this morning - fortunately not next to anything I could hit with it.

But now I am home after my half day work and seriously contemplating a nap before going to church tonight.

Merry Christmas to all my SP friends!

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My Godparents are coming here tomorrow, which is a good thing. If we were to go there instead, I'd be stuck in conversations that pretty much only interest them. Now if it gets too far away from anything that I have something remotely relevant to say I can just... do other stuff. Yeah!

There's just so much of "Cars, snow, renovation, government jobs, etc." I can endure before going insane with boredom. Not that I don't like them, just that topics that interest 50 years old just aren't the same as those I'd consider interesting.

Some good news alright.

PS; Now that is strange, I just saw an add in French which concerns Québec, in this forum. Whaaaaaat? How? Why? :confused: I thought that only myself and DotW came from this 'lil place.

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Well it just hit 00:00 in the UK, so...

Merry Christmas, SP!

14. Kitrax

Media:
    Still got 3.5 hours till Xmas here.

In other news, the wife and I opened one present today...apparently it's some tradition of her family. As I expected, I got one of the many PC games I asked for. This one is Battlefield 2142. :D I'm hoping to get the entire set of the original Battlefield 1942 games...yeah yeah, I know they're old, but they were fun when I played them at a LAN party a looooooong time ago. :rolleyes:

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

29 minutes and counting until Chirstmas here. Merry Christmas to all.

Meanwhile we had our little gathering today. It sucked that My brother and his gf had to leave so early. I suggested we shoot for boxing day next year. Then on the 25th I go to my Brother's place, hit the Boxing day sales, and then have Mom come get all three of us and nobody has to leave early that way...

16. Disciple of The Watch

The good ol' boards look damn good on a 21.6in LCD. I'm still speechless that this was a present for me.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ DoTW - I guess that Christmas isn't All bad then is it hon?

ION I roasted a turkey today that my mother told me was the best turkey she has ever had. Quite a compliment considering that it is only the second turkey I have ever roasted and my mom wouldn't have said that if she didn't mean it. Hopefully I can do as well the next time I have to cook one of those birds.

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Merry Christmas everybody! :banana:

19. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    It's snowing at home! A slight problem is that I'm not at home, but at faculty, where it rains, but oh well. *shrugs*

Have fun.

EDIT: A downside of no windows near the computer: It's snowing outside too. It only took me four hours to figure that out...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  20. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...the wife and I started opening presents at around 2am... She got me every single one of the Battlefield games and Oblivion. She also got me a shirt and a jacket that I will actually wear, and a Nerf Sniper Rifle to hunt down our cats with when I feel like tormenting them. :evil:

The crappy thing is...we lost all power around 2:30...so we spent 30-45 minutes chasing the cats around with flashlights. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.