1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I think I'm loosing my mind. There was about 5 different books I was looking at buying off RPGNow.com yesturday. And today when I check, they all seem to have mysteriously vanished. Four I can't find at all (although not remembering the exact name of these doesn't help) and the 5th one, I can find the publisher's section, but it says that the line isn't out yet! Even when I google for the one title I noted down, it comes up with the RPGNow site, and then clicking that link it says Item Not Found. It's like someone has seen what things I was going to buy and removed them completely...

[Edit]
    After another half hour of looking around, I think I worked out the problem. At Least for one of them. Seems one of the companies d20 licence expired, or some such.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Reminds me of the time a friend of mine drank half a bottle of apple vodka as a dare.
    He couldn't look at apples for a week without feeling sick. :lol:

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Seriously people, fruits and alcohol just doesn't mix well! It just does not taste good at all, so why bother? I want my alcohol to taste like, alcohol !

Anyhow, I began to read the manuscript of my sister's book, she's looking for a publisher right now and I do wish her good look. However, while it's well written, the text is fluid, and the narrative follows a logical path, I just can't get into it. It's a fantastic tales, aimed at children really, it is based upon Québec's legends and such, but fantasy ain't really my cup of tea. Oh well, hope she won't be mad or something.

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Well, considering that all (useful) alcohol comes from plants (a majority being fruit :p) not mixing them might be tough... :p

I don't mind sweet alhocol, like cherry, sangria and similar stuff - as long as you can taste alcohol in it. I could never drink beer.

Also, various fruit IN alcohol taste great - like blueberries, sour cherries, black currant...

OTOH, I don't drink alcohol in general, except to taste new beverages, out of curiosity, so my knowledge on the topic is rather limited.

Back to babbling: I've actually pulled off a productive afternoon - there is still hope for the Exam of Doom. Back to it! :tobattle: (I wondered if I'll ever find an appropriate place to use that smiley. :p)

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What to say....what to say....Oh yeah....

Hi!!! :wave:

That is all. :p

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Darn it - I've got some red patches on my face from spending too much time outside in -29c. It's true what they say about artists. Anyway my sculpture continues to grow and I will have to get outside and take some more pics tomorrow. Time to go apply some nice face cream with aloe.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

WTF

On a different note:

I'm surprised to be the first to mention tequila and lime (or lemon for you weirdos). Nothing like salt, lime and a shot of Tequila to prove fruit and alcohol *CAN* and *SHOULD* be mixed!

8. Kitrax

Media:
    /me flips DotW off.

Better? :evil:

In other news....
    I use Grenadine (made from pomegranates) and Rose's Sweetened Lime juice quite often as mixers. Also, Triple Sec and Blue Curaçao are made from and flavored with oranges. Speaking of oranges, a ‘Mimosa’ (apparently a hangover cure) is just champaign and oj...and then there is the always tasty ‘Screwdriver’ (oj and vodka)...

One of my favorite drinks to make at home is a ‘Kamikaze’ which is vodka, triple sec, and rose’s sweetened lime juice. :yum: The wife’s favorite drink is a ‘Sex on the Beach’ which is just peach schnapps, vodka, cranberry juice, orange juice, and pineapple juice.

Ofe, I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but fruits and booze were *meant* to be mixed! :yum:

9. Disciple of The Watch

/bashes Kit on the head with a steel chair sporting a large trout wrapped in barbed wire

Want my opinion?

10. Kitrax

Media:
    *sigh*

Trout abuse is such a shame.... :p

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I agree kit.

Use a Salmon next time :p

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] *rescues the trout*

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well it's 3am. I'm off to bed. Night all.

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Argh! Just when I settle into a nice, leisurely routine of fooling around on my new compy for a couple of hours a day - real life intrudes. Totally trashed my weekend, too. Note to self: look at map prior to trusting GPS nav unit.

If there were a decent library in the county I'd probably make use of it. But we're rural, remote, and underfunded, and not only do they have a tiny collection, they get few new books in that I'm interested in. I have occasionally used them for interlibrary loans but several years ago they started charging a fee for those. I do miss having a good public library around, not to mention the long-forgotten luxury of a good academic library where I had stack privileges!

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well, thanks for the University's libraries (there's 18) and each is have got at least 6 floors. While there's not much in fiction (if at all), there's still a lot of interesting books. Plus they have got books in multiple languages, out of memory; French, English, Russian, German, Spanish, Hebrew, Latin, and Greek. Not to mention academic journals, daily newspapers. I can literally lost hours there... and that's only in the one relevant to my field of study. It's awesome.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Felt so ill this weekend.

I bet I'm all better by the time I have to go to uni tomorrow and all! :mad:

17. Kitrax

Media:
    That's one of the few good things about living near SLC. The Salt Lake County has a top notch library system...hidden beneath an inferior website. You can search and place anything on hold online, and select which library you want them to be sent to...if you don't select "notify by email" a retarded sounding computer voice calls you when each item is ready to be picked up. :shake:

Back before I joined Netflix, I used the library system to rent movies for free since they pretty much have every DVD ever made between all the locations.

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :whoa: That is impressive. Must be great fun just to browse around.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Puters' Bane passed away this weekend. It's head snapped while I was destroying the living hell out of my buddy's old car. Sad day. I already have a few ideas brewing for it's successor, though.

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

/me takes time to mourn Puter's Bane while waiting for WoW it finish installing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.