1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of the library I went to my local one this afternoon and found a Lumley book from the Necroscope series that I haven't read yet! I'm going to take an extra long bubble bath tonight. Nothing like finding a book you haven't read from a series that you love. It's like being reunited with a friend that moved to another country and doesn't have internet. :p

ION - I took some more photos of my ice sculpture this morning. I already posted them in my pics here.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...my nose is all plugged up again! Damn allergies! :grr: The fact that the humidity inside is <10% doesn't help either. I'm almost tempted to open up both of our sliding glass doors to let some of the moister air from outside come in...but the thermometer on the wall says that it's 2 degrees F outside...that's -16C! With the wind, the "feels like" temp reading is -12F (-24C)...so I'm not going anywhere near the door. My hands just might freeze to the handle... :bad:

I don't know how you Canadians do it. :nuts:

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm not better today :whoa:

How peculiar. I'm usually better in time for classes.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh wow, Emilie Autumn's Laced/Unlaced album kicks ass! If you are like me and you like the sound of violin, you have got to check her out. This particular album is a mix of Classical and Contemporary music, and it's awesome.

Seeing Loreseeker's quotes of me, I realised the horrible grammar I wrote " and each is have got at least 6 floors " - :nuts: that doesn't really makes sense. Woe me!

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Ofelix: Heh, I haven't even noticed the mistake you mentioned. Brain word recognition patterns rule. :p

Today I replayed the beginning of Kubrick's Space Odyssey (2001) on the frozen fountain in my backyard. Unfortunately I didn't have a bone handy, so I used a brick :p. (The fountain needed defrosting - my brother used warm water to do it, but I thought I'd give him a helping hand)

Also, I actually managed to stand on the ice before we removed it - it was a great feeling, except that I kept thinking I'd be joining the fish inside. :D

6. Dice

Media:
    That would have been a pretty big shock for the fish I think.

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I is making seance of this :p

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

One down, two to go. Once this week's done, I'm stashing on happy cigars, booze, and I'm getting a bigass order of Chinese from the only reliable Chinese restaurant I know, and I'm wasting the hell out of myself.

9. Kitrax

Media:
    The wife and I went to see a recruiter for the Army National Guard today. I've still got Asthma...so I'll let you guess who's thinking of joining. :p Just don't tell either of our families... :rolleyes:

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

With a lot of pissing and moaning, *****ing and complaining...

11. Dice

Media:
    What Gnarf said - OR you can be nuts like me and really freeze your hands and butt off playing with solidified water.

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I haven't gone this long (3 weeks) without playing basketball in five years... I don't like it.

13. martaug Gems: 23/31

Yep it was terribly cold today . . . . . . only got up to 64F :) course by next week it will be back down in the 20's again.

@ kitrax, have her check with the Air Force National Guard, they are offering a $15,000.00 signing bonus right now. I think the army NG signing bonus is only like $5-6k.
    http://www.ang.af.mil/careers/

14. Dice

Media:
    @ Kit - Why does your wife want to join the army? I thought she wanted to be a model? I might be wrong but I always thought that the army is a lot more dangerous than modeling. Then again, I've heard models can get pretty cranky with the lack of food and all...

15. Kitrax

Media:
    We looked in to the Air NG...nearest base is ~50 miles away, while the nearest Army NG base is within walking distance. Also, the only Air NG unit in Utah is a boring old refueling wing...not really a career path the wife wants. Besides, the Utah Army NG sign on bonus is $20,000 right now! :money:

Who says you can't do both? The Miss Utah 2007 is in the US Army. Here's a link. IMO, every model should go though basic training, besides building/toning muscle, it would break them out of the, "Like OMG! I totally just broke a nail...I think I'm going to cry!" state of mind. She's *NOT* going to come back looking like this, and it's something we both feel she should do...hell, I'd do it with her if I could. :bad:

Another thing to consider is that it's the Army National Guard...not the Army. She'd be doing the 2 weekends a month, 2 weeks a year thing...so it's not like she's going to be gone all the time.

16. martaug Gems: 23/31

Heckuva bonus there & close to home is a benefit too, however don't forget that there will be at least a 1 month training period & a good chance of being deployed.
    Remember about 65~80%(depends on state) of all guard units have been overseas in the past 4 years, so it is always a possibility.

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I watched 4 movies and 2 episodes of Dexter today... yay for not doing anything except melt my brain watching stuff!

18. Kitrax

Media:
    Basic training is 9 weeks, and then she has ~2 years of guaranteed non-deployment. After that she could be deployed...which if she does get deployed, it would be good for her to get out of the country and put her acquired skills to the test.

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That sounds like good advice Dfly, my little 'un has picked up all the colds and stomach bugs from pre-school so I'm tipping that head lice are going to be next!

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I just spent the last 4 hours playing TF2 with my friends.

I think my brain has melted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.