1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Use DOSBox then, the official website provide great tutorial to make the game work and nearly all of them games runs perfectly. link

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Can you tell us what flavor the dragon cake was Tal? Just curious because I was checking out the site and noticed they had a lot of variety. I've also decided that I really have to make a cake that looks like a pizza.

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I second that. Also do you know what type of cake it is?

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That cake is awesome!!! I want one! :bigeyes:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No idea, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The internet at my apartment is pretty slow... I don't like. We shall upgrade soon, despite the increased costs.

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'm upgrading my net on Friday.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have to go back to school soon... le sigh, I don't want to study more.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Flix: I have DOSbox, but had trouble with it because I didn't have the site with instructions ready...

If I can remember to bookmark that tutorial I can reference it while using DOSbox and maybe then I can use the games I refer too.

10. Dice

Media:
    Hows your back Gnarf? You haven't mentioned it for a little while which I assume is a good thing.

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Wow, that dragon cake is awesome. :D It seems a shame to cut it and eat it.

On P and R:
    Ofelix: What I'm interested in is why on earth did they assign the sound of П to the letter P? :p

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What exactly is the sound of "П"? :hmm:

In other news, we just finished a Planet Earth marathon. We watched "Great Plains", "Ice Worlds", "Ocean Deep", and "Mountains"... Defiantly need to get the series on Blu-Ray once I finally decide to get a Blu-Ray player. :D

13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    П has the same sound as P in say pie or pool or price or place... :)
    Basically, in cyrillic alphabet, П is the same as P in latin (just like R in latin is the equivalent of P in cyrillic).

There is also H in azbuka, which has the sound of N in alphabet, X in azbuka is the actual H sound (as in house or help) (there is no "x" (as in experience) sound in cyrillic as a single letter, afaik). What else... oh, yeah B. B has the sound of V in latin, the actual B (as in box) sounding letter being Б.
    Also C has the sound of S in cyrillic. Ц (or a similar letter - I'm using Serbian typing, other languages using cyrillic alphabets have different letters to an extent) is the letter that corresponds to C (as in cycle).

An incomplete overview: (azbuka - alphabet) Б - B, Ц - C, X - H, H - N, П - P, P - R, C - S

*hides from martaug's knowledge hunt* :p :)

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well that's...interesting.

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Another Monday another week of school. I'm very observant am I not? :lol:

@Loreseeker; I say nobody should be hunted for divulging knowledge now and then. Education is power! Empower BOM! Weeee! :tobattle: *

*Just replace the sword with a book in your mind

16. Dice

Media:
    What if I just replace the book in my mind with a sword?

Right now I wish I had a pair of vibrating electric heated slippers. That would be so nice.

17. Ofelix

Media:
    That would require a sharp mind indeed! :hahaerr: ... hey! that's funny!

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My back hasn't been as bad lately. I got a new mattress last week, so I'm not aggravating it when I sleep, but it still lets me know when I need to move and when I've been on my feet too long. I'm also better able to judge which pills to take when it does act up. It will be a thorn in my side until I lose more weight, and my lowest point recently has been 302...

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I found my bottle of wakeups which I thought I had lost! This is going to make the remaining two shifts at work much less of a pain... as much as this F'N job can be, that is.

ION, I have a meeting with the bureaucrats at my former college to discuss the possibility of a return in architecture. The work/anger management therapy worked pretty well... and even though I hate the human race even more than before (if that's even possible), at least now I have enough self-control not to snap and lash out at anyone in my way like a trusty rattlesnake. And who knows, maybe this time I'll like the damn course. Maybe.

And even better, I don't have to worry about those damned student housing -- I got a friend of mine who's looking to move out at just about the same time I'll be heading to college (assuming I do). Lots of LANs, booze and D2 on the horizon, methinks...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    It's hot. 30c+ at least. When you consider it was about 14 yesterday that's a fairly impressive increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.