1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #107

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Okay, seeing the new Star Trek movie in an IMAX theater was worth the price of admission and the gas to get there. For the curious, it was about a 75 mile drive to the theater.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...that's pretty geeky. And to think, only 25 more miles and you could have quallified as an uber-geek. :p

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not good, but, as Dave said, at least you now have a back-up plan. ;)

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :lol:

Considering my two longest relationships so far have both ended shortly before planned proposals, it's a little nervewracking :p

I get the impression our bi friend is more interested in my bf than me anyway, she texts him far more than me, we're determined though, damnit! :lol:

On the plus side I have somewhere to stay over Summer, now that Sal has decided he isn't going to live with me and is going home for the Summer, my mother is annoyed at me over us breaking up so I don't fancy spending three months at home when she lectures me so often over the phone every day anyway.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    8people,
    you're getting more scandalous by the minute :D Good luck with your menage a trois.

And after wrecking my MBR and my XP installation, I eventually finished re-installing. Long live Xmarks and backed up e-mails on a thumb drive. It's so much less of a hassle that way. What's left is re-installing my games. I guess I can handle that :heh:

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Ugh...I messed up my lower back big time. Everytime I take a step, it shoots pain down my legs to my knees...as if my back is telling them to stop. :nolike:

I've decided to agree with it rath than argue.

7. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

And if you didn't see that coming up you're blinder than a bat.

Living together when you're teenagers (or early 20somethings) in love for a few years... is bound to end up in total failure. You taught me that much about trusting my feelings.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] That Public Service Announcement was brought to you by Mr Sunshine! :D

Sal and I never lived together in the end, he never wanted to. I could see us splitting up for a while before we actually did, was becoming apparent he was just putting off over and over us being together if nothing else. Several incidents with him lead to people pointing out things weren't okay between us and all.

In other news, I am having so much fun outfitting my larp character :bigeyes:
    I have two outfits for her to wear now, one designed for guid duty, the other for general wear. Also have her teeth, eyes and ears sorted (She's a Fey'ri from Races of Faerun) have also bought a new quill and some parchment paper to practice calligraphy and encoded messages. My boyfriend and I are going to get a camera so I can sit and take pictures of the final battles and special events to upload onto Facebook as so many people complain there are not enough pictures. All the pics of me from the last event are of me looking self concsious in the Cripmobile :lol:

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It was getting a bit obvious that you and your ex weren't right 8. He was starting to sound like a bit of prat who didn't know he had a good thing with you!

Kit, sounds like you've got a touch of sciatica :(

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Finished Dead Space, now I'm on to Bioshock. And I'm trying out Condemned 2: Bloodshot, but it has some awkward gameplay...

11. Ragusa

Media:
    After I installed XP, XP rewrote the boot sequence so that only XP would boot. When I corrected the boot sequence to start with Windows 7 again - I got the dual boot screen on startup, but XP fails to start with an error report whenever I choose it. WTF?

Anyone who has an idea on how ti fix that weirdness?

12. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    @Ragusa

Pick one? :p

The Star Trek film is amazing...loved every second of it :)

13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Remember that thread "Would you let your kid join/read BoM?" These days, I'd probably change my answer to it to no, with some of the topics recently covered here in RBP - too much info, way too much info... :bad:

Exam icebergs looming on the horizon - really should focus, but it's spring and life is *fun*. Sleep might end up being the first casualty in the war of Lady and Sloth. (Doing my best to disbelieve Tyrant to non-existence) :p

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Just don't make the same mistakes the Titanic did and you'll survive your exams just fine :p

Oh and if you have any problems with anything related to serine deaminases I'm now your man!

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I used to date a bi chick back in the days. It felt like a bizzare love triangle... though an enjoyable one. The sight of me holding my gf's hand, and my gf holding her gf's hand was... something.

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

ARGH. I am so pissed at my TV right now. Brand new Sony Bravia, beautiful, gorgeous, awesome. Except for the automatic contrast adjuster, which adjusts the brightness of the television based on the current brightness. Which would be fine, except not only does it make dark scenes a ton darker, it stays on even when I turn it OFF. What. The. Eff.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Wow, I overdid myself -- three new long overdue reviews for the Cigar Lounge.

Saber, what else did you expect from Sony?

ION, while sorting out some of my pics, I stumbled upon the folder that contains the pics of me and my freaking ex. At the very same moment I enter the folder, XMMS plays the Right to Censor's theme... basically, two and a half minutes of a bunch of annoying alarms and a "Warning" in an metallic voice every now and then. It made me chuckle.

Don't listen to that if you got the volume anywhere max. This is gonna split your ears unmercyfully.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  18. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    YAY!! My wedding dress has arrived! I'm going for my first fitting today to see what adjustments need making as they always seem to style wedding dresses for tall people.

ION, Rob and I went to order a new kitchen the other day. The one we have is really badly designed and dark (it was here when we moved in). We've gone for high gloss white units, all intergrated steel appliances including a coffee machine, double oven and microwave and an American style fridge freezer.
    We've also decided to have a wall taken out between the kitchen and dining room.
    All in all the total is around the £30,000 mark.....oops

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Not *quite* that bad. I had that several years ago and remember it well. I think I know what did it...I'm going to blog about it...

You're luckier than me. Apparently, XP doesn't like Win7...when I tried to do a dual-boot setup, all I got was the BSoD. :bad:

Find the ambient light sensor, and put a piece of electrical tape over it.
    Dude...you were doing it all wrong. You were supposed to be in the middle of the bi-sandwich. :love:
    That's not bad...when I was working at the custom cabinetry shop; it wasn't uncommon to have a $75,000 order for kitchen cabinets alone. We didn't tear out/build walls or do countertops...so a $75k job would probably end up costing the homeowner over $100k+ once everything was said and done. :eek:

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  20. Ragusa

Media:
    Kit,
    I used Vista BootPro and EasyBCD. First installed Win7, then XP. Then restored Vista Boot Manager, and got the dual boot option - but was unable to start XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.