1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #107

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Grrrr....

I've been all over town looking for a simple bracket I need to secure the speakers I'm taking to work tomorrow, and every hardware store I've been to has no idea what I'm talking about...until I drawl them a picture...at which point, they say, "Oooooooooooh! I know what it is now...ummmmmm, if we had anything like that, it would be on aisle XYZ."
    So I go to the aisle in question, only to find something that kind of *looks* similar, but would never work in the application that I need it for. :bang:

The really irritating thing is, I used them often at my old job, so I know they exist!

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I was really confused until I figured out Kitrax meant "aisle" ...it sounded you had to take a plane in search of elusive hardware. :p

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Can't you make one yourself Kit?

DotW, Blackpool is the capital of cheese! It's THE seaside town :lol:

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    You mean you've never heard of the isle in question? It's located in the sea of conjecture. :p

5. Kitrax

Media:
    I could...if I had an Acetylene Oxygen torch, an anvil, a ball peen hammer, and a drill press...oh and some roundbar to form it out of. :bad:

Ah...stupid me.

*fixed*

-_-

Quiet you...

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hey Kit, was it you who posted that photo of the number of cables connecting (internetically) Australia to the rest of the world? If so, is there anyway you could post it again? I am trying to find it to explain something to someone.

7. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think we have a new word here.

8. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Sorry for the rather belated reply but I go to Teesside University in Middlesbrough...some call me mad but I actually like the place :D

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I went to Teesside!! I'm from Middlesbrough and I live in Darlington now! That's soooooo cool! What course you doing?

10. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    I'm on Digital Music and Animation, just finished my second year awaiting results...bit nervous cos I think I messed up my 3D work. What did you study?

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Why is it that I love older actresses like Judi Dench and Helen Mirren :hmm:

12. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Because they are classy :D

Why is I have man crushes on older actors...Patrick Stuart, Harrison Ford...yeah I'm not ashamed to admit it :p...hell Leanord Neemoy (sp?) for his voice, god I love his voice :shake: Civ 4 was always a good game in my books simply because he read the research stuff!

13. Silvery

Media:
    I did mental health nursing for a year but had to quit as I (ironically) had a nervous breakdown :lol: ah well, if you can't laugh at a serious mental health problem, what can you laugh at?

You'll do fine with your results, it Middlesbrough, we're all barbarians who eat with our fingers and can't read, you'll ace the class!

14. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    I know you northerners are unsophisticated, backwards, idiots...but then the South isn't much better :p

15. Silvery

Media:
    Well...this is true.

If you're ever stuck for anything while you're up here then give me a shout

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Google is your friend It's not in english...but I think you can figure it out. :D

Here's another image for good measure.

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Man alive, my students this session are needy little whiners. They're driving me up the freaking wall!

18. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My wife just made a German Choclate cake with holes punched into it and poured in the Caramel. Then drizzled more caramel on top... Time to bust out the hole-punch, hopefully there's room left for one more on the belt! :rolleyes:

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Just make sure you have insulin on hand...just in case you go into diabetic shock! :p

In other news...I just found out I get 2 days off that won't count towards my vacation account because my boss has a shred of decency. :D I have to switch to the day shift for a week of EMT training, and they were going to make me work Sunday 1am-7am...and then expect me to work 9 hours on Monday starting at 8am. That would have been fun... :skeptic:

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I absolutely destroyed the store record for the most customers for two days straight. No, I didn't destroy it, I raped it until it begged for it's mother. 1378 customers in 17 hours... you do the math.

I rolled myself a huge ecological cigarette upon arriving at home both evenings. Talk about relaxing after a [expletive] day.

I hate my boss's boss. Get a pack of batteries, already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.