1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #107

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm not a conservative but...what is it with hippies and anarchists that make me want to beat them to mush the more I read about their whiny ranting in some poopy magazines of their making.

The first party to criminalize being a hippie/commie -anarchist gets my vote.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Air France seems to be missing a plane along with over 200 passengers.... :bad:

At this point, all we can hope for is a repeat of the Hudson River incident.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've moved!

I spent my first night in my new flat yesterday. I had forgotten how tiresome moving was, I spent most of the weekend moving and buying things and trying not to forget anything (I did forget a few things in the end, of course), then stayed up until almost 2am last night cleaning the place. The flat looked really nice and clean when I visited a month ago, but it's only after I moved that I started noticed everything that was wrong with it. Ah well.

Now comes the fun part: buying more furniture, getting internet installed, notifying all the agencies about my change of address (long list that one). It's going to be a busy week. But at least I have my very own new space now!

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:shake:

ION, blah. Welfare check day, the one day a month where all the 'too lazy to work' subhuman leeches get out of their lairs to buy scratchers, cheap beer, cheap cigarettes and raid the sandwich supply. I'm not in a good mood either... should be interesting.

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I had such a great weekend, dinner and a movie with a lovely lady on Friday, and poker and drinks with my old friends on Saturday.

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think that I may be crazier than my doctors think...

We're getting a new kitchen on the 19th of this month and we've decided to take out the wall between the dining room and kitchen so we have more light (the design of the house means that the kitchen is quite dark for most of the day). Anyway, the builder and electrician are starting work on the 12th to take the wall out. The crazy part is that Rob and I have decided to have Ashleys birthday party on the 14th at home!

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:

That's not crazy.... My parents had Xmas and New Years Eve parties at their house while their entire kitchen was gutted. No stove (it was relocated outside until the new gas line had been installed), no cabinets, a 10' x 4' hole along the ceiling, 3 walls were missing, there was a 4' x 4' hole in the wall where a new window was going, and dust/rubble was everywhere. :eek:

My mom's knees and ankle were really bad back then, so she insisted everyone come over to their house for the two holidays. :bad:

Besides, kids like destroying stuff...give him a hammer and let him go wild on some sheetrock! :bigeyes:

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i remember the best day at my old job, the day we got to tear down all the shelves, cash registers, refund thing and all things misc, that was ****ing AWESOME, we all gathered crowbars or 1½ meter metal pipes and ripped through everything, afterwards it was beer and pizza time! ROCK the **** ON

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Must have been cold with only 1 wall in the house.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anyone who liked the Monkey Island adventure games should check the latest post in the Adventure Game Fans social group.

That is all :)

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Next RP session is a month away :( which should in theory give me a fighting chance to pass my June exams, but I honestly doubt it. Lazy Unlimited

Random reason not to eat honey cakes at 1am:
    Touch is probably the perfect illusion. No two molecules are actually touching, surface to surface, assuming one can even define surface of a molecule properly, and yet, solidity works like a charm... :smash:

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Erm...do you mean that the honey cakes are stuck to the table Lore?

13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Nah, merely that eating honey cakes at 1am can trigger "molecules may never touch" mode of thought. Nothing important.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    That seems to happen a lot around a friend of mine. Even if the food is plain bread...I think it may just be his house >.>

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Or it could be his table... (I'm not sure I want to think too closely about it!)

16. Silvery

Media:
    I'm knackered! My mums back is really bad and I found her about to go and dig her borders over in the garden this morning so I did it instead. I pay someone to do my garden so why the hell I didn't just phone my gardener to do it is beyond me!

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Stuck back in this crappy room at university halls again. On the upside I have internet though.

The lad should be getting net in his flat this week so when I meander back up North I should be able to get online and badger you all without returning home to six pages of updated topics since my absence.

also LARP is awesome. I made us 100gold (equivalent of a lottery win) just by absorbing random overheard conversations and reporting them to the right people at the right time. I am currently a spy for a guild and a clan, in a position of vague importance in the second richest guild and have gained enough popluarity that my survival is pretty much ensured if there is another attack in the guilds and I decide to get involved.
    (I'm not supposed to, being a crip and all, means I have to take an automatic hit if someone decides to attack me :( but I can throw a few spells at least first damnit!)

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I was trying to translate from arubesh what the rest of the classes were in Star Wars: the Old Republic MMO. For example, from the released classes under trooper, it said: "Freedom's shield".

From the unreleased? "Che-" "Check " "Check B" "Check Ba... oh no not..." "CHECK BACK LATER".

Clever buggers. I wonder who figured out that some nerd was going to try to do this.

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm moving offices, again. This has to do with office shakeups. I'm keeping my head low, and will try to get moved quickly tomorrow so I can still get work done.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I wish I could LARP, however no one around here does anything like that :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.