1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Space-Opera RPing game. If I'm remembering the right one, it's got a massive scope that's really designed for travelling vast areas of space, visiting heaps of planets, different cultures and species, etc etc. You can get a rough idea reading the intro here:
    http://watermark.rpgnow.com/pdf_previews/56586-sample.pdf

Have you used the Traveller system before, Dave? What's it like?

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My coffee machine is working again! We've had no cleaning tablets for it for 2 weeks so I've been stuck drinking instant

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...this new car of mine might be the death of my savings account. I'm thinking of getting new rims ($1300), new tires ($550-$700), a supercharger kit ($3500), an intercooler (unknown price), as well as bigger/better/vented brakes & rotors.... :money:

From what I've read online, with the right supercharger kit and an intercooler, I can push my 240HP Accord well over 300HP. Translated into Geek: It's like overclocking your CPU...which also requires a bigger heatsink... :p

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why not just get a car with 300 hp?

You have also forgotten the expense of having the block examined to ensure it has no defects the increase in power will worsen.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I take it that making do with a measly 240 HP isn't an option. :cool:

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1st lesson I learned when I moved out of my parents house, way back when. Always, ALWAYS have a backup coffee maker. Instant taste like sewer water.:( Otherwise you'll piss off the coffee gods, please don't do that and ruin it for the rest of us coffee fanatics.:)

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have a perculator somewhere but since we've put the new kitchen in, I can't find any of my old gadgets!

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Perculator? Isn't that a dance move? (Dancing in the office, looking much the fool...) "Come on everyone, let's do the perculator!" :D

9. Kitrax

Media:
    First off...I don't want *just* 300HP. If I wanted pure HP I would have just settled for a P.O.S. Ford Mustang. No, I want a Honda Accord V6 with 300+HP. :D I've always wanted a car that I plan on keeping for a long time that I can customize to make it *mine*. I'm not turning it in to a retarded looking "rice rocket" with a "fart-can muffler" or the body kits and all that. I want a relatively unassuming V6 sedan to be able to smoke a V8 Mustang off the line... :evil:

Also, it's a 6 year old Honda with a perfect maintenance record with the dealer. If there's anything wrong with the engine, it would have made itself known by now. Also, if anything *does* happen, my buddy is a Honda tech...so he's got my back. The new brakes and rotors I put on my other Honda only cost me parts (with a discount) and an 18-pack of beer. :bigeyes:
    That's like asking the owner of a Bugatti Veyron if they really need 1001HP...shouldn't 1000HP be enough? :nono: NO! Anyone who's in to cars always wants to squeeze every last drop of performance out of their cars. :D

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Come on! Turn it into a rice rocket! Get a nice carbon fiber hood, a huge wing on the back and one of those low-end-enhancing mufflers with the giant chrome tips! Yeah!

11. Kitrax

Media:
    Those mufflers are known as "fart-cans" and I hate them. I would like to take a hacksaw to my neighbor's muffler and beat him to death with it. :flaming:

My car has a spoiler...but it's stock...not one of those aircraft wings mounted 20" off the trunk...of a front wheel drive vehicle. :doh:

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Why is it so hard to find a voltage converter in this country! OK, so it's partly my fault from bringing the wrong one with me (mine is to use 110V appliances in a 220V socket), but it shouldn't be so complicated to buy one in an eletrics or electronics shop!

13. Silvery

Media:
    Rob has a Jaguar x-type r (I think). It does 0-60 in an amazing time and he had all the sports badges taken off when he bought it so people always expect to leave him on the line at traffic lights but end up eating his dust.
    It has a tiny tiny tiny spoiler on it and that's all it needs and it always makes me laugh when you see these idiots with full body kit and meccano look spoiler on their 1.1 peugeots!

Kit, if you're ever in the UK in what passes for summer here, you should come grass track racing, you can get a day licence and use one of our cars!

14. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Yes your right about it being space opera, but it can vary its scope by using "tech levels" meaning you can go from super advanced space ships and equipment, to modern day stuff, and even further back too, so it can be as big or as small as you like :) its also got great character creation! You start off as an 18 year old, and go through a series of career choices gaining skills on the way, and pretty much everything is random, meaning you might want to be a Engineer but you fail to get into the Navy and end up taking up journalism instead lol :D

I haven't had chance to actually play it yet, but it looks simple but deep enough...it can get a bit complicated when building ships and stuff, lots of percentages and tables and things...but when you do finish it you get a certain satisfaction and attachment to what you just created :p

I've seen a PBP RP of it being done on the Something Awful Traditional games forum, so I might look into that if its something people are interested in :) though I'd like to run it in Real life first to get the hang of it! ;)

15. Kitrax

Media:
    Mmmm...sounds tempting...you pay for the plane tickets and give me a room to crash in and I'm there!
    Once I get my car the way I want it, I'm going to take it to amateur night at the local drag strip to see what she can do. :D

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You mean like blow the head gasket or drop the tranny?

17. Kitrax

Media:
    Again...I'm driving a HONDA! Not a Ford... :p :evil: :p

The other night I was street racing my wife (she was driving her new Mini Cooper S)...and I red-lined it through the first 4 gears...before slamming on the breaks because my radar detector started going nuts...stupid grocery store.* :rolleyes: But if it can handle that, I'm sure a quarter-mile won't hurt it.

*(note: For those of you scratching your head trying to understand that: automatic doors use radar to sense when someone walks up to the door. I just got my radar detector and I forgot to switch it over to “highway” mode...so it picked up a grocery store’s automatic door radar)

That being said, I still won... :grin:

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    That's before you added a supercharger and more than 60 horses. :)

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I sorta had the feeling my (rhetorical) question bordered on blasphemy. :D

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow. Beating a mini-Cooper. I'm so impressed I might just go to sleep.

Perhaps you should shoot for something with a 367 cubic inch, 350 hp, 380 ft-lbs torque. Not quite the Mustang but it still has some punch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.