1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    And there I was trying to figure out cars with health points...

(Last night FC Red Star Belgrade miraculously made it to the next round of qualifications for UEFA Europe League. Yay. More PC time for me on game nights :p)

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We should have a 'Kitrax's car thread' so we can keep up to date

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Funds are low right now....so nothing is going to happen until next spring. I'm just planning now, so I have goals to save towards. :D

Once spring gets here however, I'm getting new rims and tires...I know that much....as for the rest, it's probably going to take a year or two for me to buy/install all the mods for it. Making a thread for it now would be a waste...maybe once it's all done I will. :)

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Or just a Random Car Thread.

With pictures! And movies!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Badminton is back tonight! :roll:

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Must send back the damn graphic card for a new one, a working one :mad:
    'tis madness has lasted more than a bloody week now, I just hope the replacement will, y'know, work properly.

Worst, last night my usb game pad caused a power surge on my laptop... It's fine now, but the game pad is dead. I tell you fate has something against me!

Well at least I don't work tomorrow... I guess having one's birthday off is a good thing.

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Me too, my gamepad doesn't work. My dog chewed it... (he also chewed my pc speaker cable, and my three color cable for my tv, and my girlfriend's peddle for her brand new sewing machine, and the power cable for our only oscillating fan, ...) :mad:

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Try feeding him some dogfood instead. He just might like it...:D

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, didn't have to finish my mom's hedge (some 60 feet of beech hedge, eight food high, three foot deep). The hedge trimmer died (to my not so great regret), and before I could finish it with the garden scissors a little thunderstorm made an end to all these extracurricular activities. Because I will go home soon, the wonderful thing is that there will be then plenty of work left for my lazy brother ;) :D

And no, I didn't plan it to turn out that way.

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sticking it your lazy sibling has to be one of the best feelings ever. I have two lazy sisters who never lend a hand, but have no problems with sticking their hands out. Luckily, I moved across country and don't really have to deal with them anymore, but i don't see my parents as much either, which is a real downer. I know my sisters don't pitch in to help them, even though they have lived with/off of them for many years. When I go home to visit, it's like I got a job laboring for the week. Kinda sucks, but it really helps out my pop, so it's worth it in the end.

11. Triactus

Media:
    Oh yeah, 5 cups a day. The biggest bags of food don't last that long, I can tell you.

And he does have like a million toys and chewable bones. But of course, it's much too fun to chew something you're not allowed to, right? Especially if it's human hands or feet... :mad:

12. Blades of Vanatar

My sister in-law has a little Beagle. It was eating everything. The vet told her to get a hollow chew toy and just pack some peanut butter in it. The Beagle will sit and chew that toy for hours, great for keeping him out of everything.

13. Triactus

Media:
    Yeah, we have a toy like that. The vet told us that dogs below one year of age should not eat peanut butter, so we instead put a baby carrot (on of his favorite treat! lol) in it. He looks at it, doesn't understand how he's supposed to get to the carrot, and leaves. :(

14. Blades of Vanatar

Then buy a cat, that way he will be occupied and well fed. At least for a day....:p

15. Triactus

Media:
    We have two.... :lol:

Oh, and they have a deep hatred for the puppy. A deep deep hatred. :grin:

16. Blades of Vanatar

No wonder he eats everything, I'd be pissed off too if I was a dog and I had to shack up with two cats. Your lucky he doesn't take a dumper on your pillow when your not home. Poor pup, probably has all of the other dogs in the neighborhood laughing at 'em. The cats too!

17. Triactus

Media:
    Well, I don't think the other dogs would really laugh at him. Our puppy spends most of his time trying to jump and (playfully) bite the cats. He doesn't ''shack up'' very well with them. They, however, consider it a personnal affront and a violent attack... lol

And since the puppy in question is a rottweiler, I don't think he would care much what the other dogs said about him, he could take them on... :cool:

At least the cats can get on higher grounds, where he can't climb, to be safe. So everyone is happy. Unless the cats are on the ground and the puppy sees them. Then it's open season... :lol:

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Sounds like a stressful household :p

Going to a village fair tomorrow/today. Yay for grandparents! :D

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Am I the only one who's routing for the cats?

ION my mobile phone refuses to start. I get the stupid "welcome" screen, then just a completely blank screen. The battery was almost empty so I'm recharging it in the hope it'll work again...

Managed to revive it eventually. Yay!

It's scary how similar to computers mobile phones are becoming...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Just my luck! The WinXP on my laptop refused to boot, well it does but thing is nothing works. I can't click anywhere, or do anything, none of the shortcuts work either. For no apparent reason too, it worked this morning. So obviously I can't play Civilization IV, since well the only OS that's working for me right now is Ubuntu 9.04. While a fantastic system that works very well for my academic needs, it isn't exactly the perfect gaming system. I tried making it work with wine, but to no luck. And I haven't got the time nor patience to try and tweak it.

Guess I'll just have to wait and hope newegg will send me a working card! Strangest thing happened; I put back my old card (geforce 6600) and it, guess what, didn't work! Of course not... Only shown some strange colour...thing on the screen.

I tell you, Fate's against me! In the last month my three (old) Disc Drives, HDD, old graphic card, new graphic card, a stick of 1go of ram, usb gamepad, and an entire OS just stopped working for no apparent reasons

I nearly spent 350$ for practically nothing...as of now.

I'm cursed...

edit; just for the fun of it I translated this post into French using babelfish... the horror! It's just that bad

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.