1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'm on vacation without internet, but luckily the neighbors have it, so I am siphoning it off every once in a while :evil:

Is that illegal?

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The internet I just got at my apartment is soooo fast!! I don't even know what to do with myself :p

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

If the said neighbor is dumb enough not to secure it...

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Can't figure out how to get my router to work, gahhhh...

I'm not a complete idiot with computers, and have looked up what I can (connected now with a direct plug into the cable modem).

I'm connected, there is a signal, it just doesn't go to the internet.

Nevermind. Another trip through the router setup got me going. No clue why it took 3 tries.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Welcome to the wonderful world of networking. My wireless at home still occasionally drops for no reason whatsoever. Neither the router nor the laptop even acknowledge the signal is gone - it just goes away but Windows cheerfully reports I'm still connected at full signal strength (hah) while the LED on the router still blinks merrily. It happens on some days and not others, sometimes all day several days in a row and sometimes not for a week... there's no patter to it whatsoever.

Saber, if it makes you feel better I used the neighbour's internet for a few days while waiting for mine to be installed. Not my fault if they leave their router open as a public network... and when I found out they were with Videotron (and therefore had an incredibly low monthly cap) I only used it for checking email and for work. Hey, at least I'm a considerate thief! :shake:

6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

One of my friends transferred schools and could never get her internet working (not the most tech savvy gal). Eight months of stealing her neighbors... and still paying for her own which she doesn't use :p

I've decided that the big problem is that one of the cable jacks in my apartment doesn't seem to work properly. Everywhere else the set-up works like a charm, but in the living room- where the router is SUPPOSED to go- nope, nothing, nada. Gahhh.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's not very bright... :rolleyes:

I love my work's internet now that we have full access inside the clean room. I've been downloading "portable" apps and games like crazy. One word of advice, don't *ever* download Professor Heinz Wolff's 'Gravity' game...you will get addicted. :shake:

I only wish that I knew the passwords for the routers so I could set up port forwarding and get HFS setup to run off one of the 5TB NAS drives. I'm not sure what the actual speed is that we have at work, but it's fast...very fast! :bigeyes:

8. Saber

Ugh, something's wrong with my ear. I think it is just an earwax blockage, but it was weird how it happened - I was swimming, and all of a sudden I couldn't hear anymore. I tried to fix it with cutips (which is apparently the worst thing you can do), and then medicine, but I still can't hear. Le suck. If it doesn't clear up soon, I will go to the doctors, I guess.

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My grandfather used to solve all of our hearing problems after swimming with a simple solution. He would have you put your problem ear against his wooden kitchen table, then slam a book or other flat heavy object next to your head, really hard. The bang would be so loud, it would open up the passage(I am assuming here) and walla! Problem solved. it seemd to work for both of my sisters on many occasions. Of course, your problem could be totally unrelated.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Saber, there's stuff you can get for that. It usually involves some cleaning solution (like hydrogen peroxide), a syringe, and flame thrower.

...well, maybe not the flame thrower.

Blades: If someone did that to me I would certainly say the problem was corrected. I would have no desire to see the next step in the cure.

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm posting alot today, for me anyway. Talk about down time at work, it's like Time stopped but forgot to inform me...

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Assuming it's just water in your ear, the method that usually works for me is to tilt your head to one side (plugged ear down), lean a bit to the same side, and hop up and down on one leg (the leg on the same side as the plugged ear). So if it's your right ear, tilt head to the right, lean right, and hop on your right leg; I'm sure you can figure out what the process is for the left ear. :p Looks stupid, and can potentially be noisy depending on what you're hopping on, but it works.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...post a video, Saber.

14. Saber

Hahahah, I tried that already, but alas, it is not water, it is earwax (does anyone else find that word awkwardly gross? I mean, it isn't that gross of a substance, but the word 'earwax' is just... unpleasant). And the stuff isn't working. My ear is making me quite irritable, which sucks for everyone around. Haha I'll have to get my act together, a very pretty girl is coming to visit me. Hopefully she won't complain about me not being a good listener.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Soak a Q-Tip in rubbing alcohol and clean your ear out with it several times. The IPA helps disolve the wax and will dry out any water that might be in there.

That "Swimmer's Ear" stuff is just watered down IPA that helps to dry out the inside of your ear....

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I woke up at 1:00pm. Apparently my body decided it wanted 13 hours sleep today >.>

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm totally hooked on Resident Evil 5

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I wouldn't mind 13 hours sleep...

19. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    RL has been so lazily slow (middle of summer break) that I almost feel guilty for being absolutely unproductive.

RP, OTOH, is going rather well.

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I miss summer breaks :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.