1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

T2, if you would please respond to this one, i need a good laugh....:D

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know if I can. Before marrying Mrs Bruno my answer would have been 'yes, please' but now.... Besides, the offer was clearly directed at you.

One of my co-workers hasn't caught all nuances of dialect, she was complaining about some men working for her (she was quite angry at a mistake they made) and how she was going to "go down on them."

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ms. Blades wouldn't like my answer either... but something about a Hitler would of been involved, i'm sure.

Silvery, what does "Ah, hairy muff then " mean? That one went right over my head....

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I suspect it's meant to be - fair enough then. Shall we say, tongue in cheek (as opposed to somewhere else . . . )

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Grrr. Spending the night with reinstalling XP, and then Win7 to restore a working dual-boot system. I'd rather be asleep right now, but I certainly don't want to spend tomorrow morning with this ...

---------- Added 1 hours, 45 minutes and 30 seconds later... ----------

Done. *sigh of relief* What's left for tomorrow is just cleanup and fine tuning.

When instaling XP on a RAID without having a floppy disk drive, you'll have trouble. At least I had. After I installed the RAID drivers and rebooted, the computer wanted me to copy the RAID drivers to floppy, no noption to skip. That, for lack of better words, was problematic and annoying when you don't have a floppy drive to write to in the first place.

When I then installed Windows 7 that then set up the dual-boot system the problem curiously disappeared. Good! And now to bed, get some sleep.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Curse the fates! As soon as I saw Silvery's hairy muff comment, I was ready with some awesome jokes. But I was too late and dmc got to it first!

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It does mean 'fair enough' it came from a partially deaf friend of mine who genuinely thought someone had said hairy muff to him!

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well I finally finished my 9 hour attempt to recover my corrupted hard drive from the brink of death. In most cases I was successful in getting all my important files onto my new drive, however I still need to do a hell of a lot of updating :(

Still, least I don't need to download 2 years worth of TF2 updates...my internet connection would start crying if I did that. :)

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My dad didn’t let us “play” with guns...but he didn't keep his supply of black powder locked up. He just kept it on the top shelf in his closet...and when the average height in our family is 6'2", that technique doesn't work very well. :p

Heh...when I ran in to that problem, I raided my dad's basement for his first computer from the late ‘90s that I knew was down there somewhere. I eventually found it, enveloped inside and out with spider webs, dirt, and sawdust. Somehow the floppy drive still worked, so I commandeered it so I could build my current rig. It's not installed, and I only connect the old fossil when I have to reinstall XP...but their worth having for sure! :D

11. Silvery

Media:
    It's funny how the floppy drive has managed to go from being the most commen and easy to use method of data storage to an old fossil in about 10 years! Technology moves frighteningly quickly

12. Blades of Vanatar

Technology is moving along? I must of missed the last 20 years, i still use some vinyl and 8-Tracks. Also, i have my original IBM PC jr, 128K system. Those were the text only, Zork days!

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I had for lunch raw young herring, with green onions, potato in the skin, butter and beer. Fantastic meal. But I have the breath of death now. Which means I do have an excuse for shunning human company and playing computer games tonight instead.

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm having raw salmon for dinner tonight! :roll:

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

You just made my day, Kit... :shake: :lol:

Damn, don't get me started about weird piercings... I could tell a few stories.

16. Saber

Haha DotW, I remember your story about the metal detector going off because of some metal in the Netherlands.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah... classic. :shake: Never been to another EB games ever since.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I just don't get women... Meh I should've known better, nothing good ever happened to me in the love department for the last four years. Why would this time be any different ?

19. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Similar history, opposite luck today flix. At work today my friend and I were talking about how fun it is mess with my phone's slider. We convinced a new worker to try it and so she started playing with it, and I tried to get it back as it was time to go. She saved herself as a contact in it, first time that's happened so sneakily to me...

The big problem is that I think she's 16, and I don't do the high-school thing anymore. Self-esteem boost either way... she very pretty, especially her behind :p

Now since that is random to me I figured it didn't belong in the ralationship thread (due to the no-relationship), but to further put it in the babbling thread...

Nitwit, Blubber, Oddment, Tweak!

20. Saber

Hey, if that's all you can get, go for it man haha. I am luckless in the love department as well. Just be careful with the jailbait, it could come around and bite you in the ass (and not in the way you want... if that's your thing.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.