1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Woke up this morning with a really bad sore throat and now I feel like cak. I'm a bit worried as I went out for lunch with a friend last week who was feeling exactly the same and now she has swine flu. Eep!

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Gah! Hope your ok Silvery :mommy:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's Eva Longoria you dip. :p Any man with two heads knows that... :evil:

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've got swine flu. Marvellous

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You can't spread it through the internet, right? ...(wiping down keyboard and mouse, just in case....):p

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Get well Silvery.

I heared that, anyway, for you there is some reason to rejoice, as mortality is iirc below 1 percent, and the inevitably upcoming wave in autumn is expected to be more severe - by then you will be immune. Which doesn't mean you won't get some other flu then though.

As for me, I am recuperating from a well earned hangover, by playing Deus Ex. It is hot and humid today, and I have to put a towel on my desk in order to not get glued by my sweat to the table. And on the desk to my right is a pitcher with iced water. And now on to rescuing Ford Schick.

Planned for tonight is watching The international in the cinema.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:doh:

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Exactly.... :p

In other news...the wife bought a new car, which means we have 3 now. I'm thinking of selling both of my cars and buying a '09 vehicle of some kind, but I don't know what...rumor has it that Alfa Romeo is going to start selling in the US again - that would be a unique car, at least for a few years.

9. Silvery

Media:
    I hope you get a good one Kit! On the other hand, if you don't, at least you'll look good sitting by the side of the road with the bonnet up!

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That's really bad luck Silvery. Hope you get well soon.

11. Silvery

Media:
    Thanks everyone for all your get well wishes!

12. Ragusa

Media:
    :o My immediate superior has asked me to swear less :o

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    ... and you responded by swearing back at him? :lol:

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good luck getting a mechanic for them though. If you have a problem that doesn't fall under the warranty, they are extremely expensive to fix. I have a good friend back in Pennsy that specializes in fixing them. Mostly older models though. He has quite the lucrative business.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    Ziad,
    her ... I should really try to mind to not swear in the presence of ladies.

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Reminds me of the Penguin scene in The Blues Brothers -- The Penguin (nun) hits the boys with a ruler every time they swear, which of course causes them to curse at the pain. The beating and swearing continue until her ruler breaks and they leave the room (Jake still in a child's desk rolling down the stairs).

17. Kitrax

Media:
    Ugh...I just got home from breakfast at a new place near my house. Fairly expensive for breakfast, but damn it was tasty! :yum:

Really? I don't picture you as one with a dirty mouth...

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Holy crap I'm online!

And poor, very, very poor :lol:

19. Ragusa

Media:
    Kitrax,
    I have a colleague who is permanently, perpetually cursing under his breath - I don't do that. Generally I am considered pleasant and calm company at work. My bosses beef with my swearing mainly refers to my frequent and casual use of the word 's******' which I like to use as an multi purpose expression of general or vague disapproval - exclamatory, as an adjective or prefix, much like the popular English counterpart, the four letter word 's***', or 'crap'. It's not that I am getting upset a lot, I simply say 's******' a lot. I'd say simply that some work has been done in a crappy way, and would then not bother with the it any more.

I am of the view that it is better to express my general or vague disapproval immediately rather than carrying it along with me, where it can get me an ulcer or something of that sort.

Point is I like my boss, and I will easily find ways to not offend her, but they will contribute to my reputation of being fond of sarcastic understatement, as in 'The work has been done in a less than satisfactory way.' or 'The loss of two day's work is indeed lamentable' or 'Brilliant idea!'.

20. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    A watermelon chopped up in cubes and placed in a plastic box just isn't as fun as one that is served in slices (and requires carving to eat)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.