1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #110

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rob bought me a marine tank as an early birthday present!!! YAY

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hey! That little guy is waving and giving the finger! And so's Mr. Banana! It's a double-barrel salute! :banana:

:roll:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Voq finally powered on. After 12 hours of inactivity while plugged in the charger port, I got pissed off, went through my box of chargers, and guess what, it works with a freaking LG VX-3200 charger.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I am drinking a stiff grog to bring me to bed. I need to sleep. A lot.

I was working today, and yesterday, and I will work tomorrow, and I simply haven't yet recovered from whatever I had last week, and which is still clawing itself into my sinuses. They feel as if raw.

There is a probability that I indeed did have the dreaded swine flu. Not as bad as propagandised, but certainly something you'd cheerfully like to miss.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I wouldn't call Kitrax "little" guy if you value your health :lol: :shake:

6. Ragusa

Media:
    More grog.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My Cygor Coversion is going so well :)

I've been told it will go in the display cabinet too! :D

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Cygor...? Hmm, that reminds me of the Spawn comics...

*EDIT* Just posted a review of the Voq. It freaking deserved it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I really, really need to set up some net access at the flat. Especially for weekends like the one tomorrow.

Otoh, I should get work done. Maybe waiting is best for all RL concerned.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's just awesome...I'm going to have to use those more often! :bigeyes:

-_-

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Silvery, if Rob got you this then that's of course awesome. If it is something else then it's (relatively) not.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'd be f***ing pissed if I got an old clunker of a tank like that. Now, if he really loves you, he'd get you an M1A1, or a prototype RipSaw! :love:

[​IMG]

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hey Kit: :hello:

:p

14. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    You know that feeling when you open the lab door, humming to yourself and see that the receiver pot of the vacuum distiller is filled with a bright red liquid which somehow ended up there from your (merrily spinning) reaction dish, (which absolutely shouldn't be happening, nightmares aside), and half way to a panicked re-pressurizing you realize that iodine (which your merry reaction produces along the way) sublimates and that you didn't, in fact, mess up a two-day-of-cleaning worth lab gear everyone needs?

It's bliss. :D

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Iodine is fun! :D

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I :love: iodine.

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Erm....ok Morgoth...

18. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Tiax, took me a while to lay the link. Shame on me.

19. Ragusa

Media:
    Kit,
    the thing looks fun, but look at it closer.

I have seen service main battle tanks do similar stunts. The tracks have from what I see a very old fashioned suspension, like early WW-II vintage, all-around tracks also have been abandoned by tank designers for a reason, around 1950. Then, there is no payload. It's an interesting question if you see that thing perform as well with 20 tons of armour and armament.

It doesn't surprise me that two guys can assemble something like that from junk yard parts. It isn't exactly cutting edge technology any more, not even for the remote control. Still, to assemble that thing is in itself is a rather impressive feat. Anyway, I think the thing is all Rock 'n' Roll and spectacle. It doubt it has utility for anything other than entertainment.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  20. Silvery

Media:
    I'm so tired!
    Put Ashley to bed about 7pm last night and heard him chattering though the monitor for ages. When we went to bed at midnight, he was still awake and playing. Got into bed, read for a bit and the next thing Ashley started crying. Went to see him and he'd been sick EVERYWHERE. Had to strip his bed and change him. Then, because his room smelled so bed, we put him in our bed. He refused to settle so at about 3.30am we went and remade his bed and put him down. Got to sleep at about 4am and got woken up at 9 by the phone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.