1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually I have a positive view of Christmas for the first time in a long time. We don't have much money but my kids will be getting some nice gifts and my family has been helping us a lot. In fact one of my brothers gets a huge ham from his work each year which he wants to give to me, so he will be dropping it off early in the afternoon today. I think a seasonal ham-bone soup is becoming a tradition in my house.

I got a short, but full-bodied tree a few days ago and the boys and I decorated it last night and it looks very pretty. I hated Christmas for the last few years because my kids and I could not be with my family. But things are right again and my littlest boy gets to experience a real family Christmas dinner for the first time ever. We'll be going out to the country and eating turkey with about 20 other people.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Been going to Dordrecht Christmas fair for a while now. Mostly with my sister and niece.

Not bad, not bad at all.

3. Dice

Media:
    Woo Hoo ... I'm going to get drunk tonight. Don't judge me! :p

If nobody posts after this I might just have to double-post drunk later to prove it. Cheers. :coffee2:

Yah I know its a coffee but we can just pretend its tea with Vodka because that is what I'm presently drinking.

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Usually, I get kinda grumpy with the obstructing, slowly moving mass of humans around my house that's preventing me from getting anywhere "in a minute" as normal. But not this year! Still no Scrooge!

Dice, I had Glühwein 12 hours ago and now I can't sleep. Too less alcohol, I suppose. :p How is the Glüh-wodka working out for you? :D

Merlanni, today was quite nice too. Weather was better than yesterday (friday) and there were a lot more people. In about 5 hrs, this street will be swarming with people again. I'll keep my eyes open for a bloke with long red hair and a funny feathered hat, try to spot you. :p

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  5. Dice

Media:
    @ Mon - The Glüh-wodka is working nicely at this time of the evening. I switched over to lemon juice and water with a touch of sugar as the mix for it, and its going down quite nicely.

I would say that I'm reasonably buzzed right now but still very stable of mind. I wish I could say something really crazy and drunken but sadly I;m not deeply enough inebriated.

6. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Too late. All in black and Saturday from 4 to 7. Made all my will saves at the stands. I failed most last time in Dordrecht at the books-market.

It is a shame really, I have several different sets of tree decorations. Silver, copper/gold blue and red. 3 lighting schemes. I even place balls in my tree outside with flame-lights. One tree in the living room, and I still have enough left for a third complete tree.

We take Christmas seriously. Alas it was my turn at work to be present all days except 25/26 and 2/3/4.

7. Dice

Media:
    Well hopefully your work atmosphere will at least be pleasant on Christmas day and you have have some nice snacks or something, Merlanni.

8. Merlanni

Media:
    I do not mind. It will be quiet, unless there is lots of snow resulting in lots of damage to cars. I work in a car part warehouse.

It often results into chores.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To all you in New Zealand: How's life after the end of the world? Should I bring beer?

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmmm, it's been over two hours and no answer from "Down Under". Not good! :mommy:

:D

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just noticed this at the bottom of the main page:

WTF was going on on Nov 6 that had 1.124 users online at once?

12. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    1.124 users is not a lot, Splunge. ;)

LOL ... I say bring it anyway MoN. Beer makes everything better - from holidays to parties to the end of the world. :D

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: Just as an indication of how crappy a typist I am, I corrected probably 4 or 5 typos in that short post before I actually posted it. Obviously I missed one. :D

14. Dice

Media:
    @Mon, I think the end of the world only counts when the time reaches certain areas of South America where the calender originated. Or is there another end of the world reference going on as well?

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Sometimes I wonder if Noober from BG works for Microsoft Update, or one of those companies making antivirus applications.

Your application has been updated. Do you want to reboot?

How about now?

How about now?

How about now?

...etc.

:bang:

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    :lol: Except that you won't be rewarded for your patience.

Dice, I wanted to post something but can't remember what and it probably isn't all that important anymore... unless you don't bring beer.

17. Dice

Media:
    Tonight I am staying away from beer and any other alcoholic substances or substances in general. I think I have done my quota of justifiably stupid things before/after the end of the world and I'm suspecting maybe my body needs a bit of a rest from it.

Also I think I'm going to have to repress my bad-ass instincts for at least a little while. I guess I have some things to work on for the new year.

So Mon, did you remember what you were going to say yet?

18. Merlanni

Media:
    My cat sounds like a squeaky toy. Poor thing.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mrs Bruno lost her voice a couple of days ago ... Christmas came early.

20. Dice

Media:
    So what are you going to do to reciprocate the gift T2?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.