1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So much to read. So little time since its gets interrupted by things like work and hockey.

About a year ago I got an e-reader and I have bought/downloaded over 50 e-books.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think I've got my youngest son hooked on the joys of reading novels. He got several chapter books for Christmas, two of them I got for free from a church - they are not religious btw, just recycled. He just started reading one about a kid in school in space. I have him excited about reading one of the other books, about "The Littles" who are tiny people.

He's also hooked on video games - presently playing Oblivion with the help sometimes of both me and his brother for character shaping.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You should get him 'The Carpet People' by Terry Pratchett

4. Dice

Media:
    Hey that's a good idea Silvery, I'll see if I can order it from my library :).

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like kids with imagination. Oh, who am I kidding? I like people with imagination.

And I'm painfully reminded that I read too less. It's weird, because I like writing. Perhaps I'm just too full of myself that I rather state my opinion and share my thoughts than learning about others'. :D

6. Dice

Media:
    I like both reading and writing, but I find writing is more a personal thing for me. I've always enjoyed the beauty of words. Sometimes I try to incorporate text into my art.

@ Mon - for whatever reasons you like to write, its a good thing :)

7. Dice

Media:
    I'm not double posting, it's a new day :p

I keep hoping that spring will come early but the temperature is waggling around 0.

My youngest son is home sick but not suffering badly because I gave him honey and cinnamon powder tea and then gave him a big bowl of chicken-noodle soup with lots of crackers in it. The rest of the day he has been spent sitting on the couch playing Oblivion. He still has his cough though.

8. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Two days no post? Hope your boy is better now Dice.

9. Dice

Media:
    Actually he is on day three sick at home now. He did play some more Oblivion this morning but now he is just lying on the couch watching cartoons. Not a lot of hunger but I've been getting lots of liquids in him.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Has anyone been eating old clothes lately? I'd like to trade some for my fu*#ed up eggs...

11. Dice

Media:
    ROTFL Mon - so were your fu*#ed up eggs any good? :p Damn you had me laughing so loud my son had to come and ask me what I was laughing about.

12. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Hey all!

@Dice
    Hope your boy is not still home because he's still sick. It is lousy being a sick kid even if you do get to be home. I checked out your web site, not bad content but I expected that.

13. Dice

Media:
    Thanks Old One :) My son went to school today. Still a little bit of stuffy nose and cough but he's on the mend. How have you been?

14. Old One

@Dice
    Great. Mom & I got a new HD reciever and finaly entered the 21st century!
    Glad your boy is feeling somewhat better and glad to hear from you.

15. Dice

Media:
    @ Old One, I still don't have a cell phone myself so I guess I haven't caught up to the 21 century yet :p

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I should be getting a "proper" smartphone soon... I think I'll get an iPhone just so Barmy'll have a fit... :evil:

17. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Just remember that it'll need to be replaced in six months unless you want to be thought of as "so early 2013," Tal. ;)

~

What's the deal with all the big brother hyper retail monitoring these days? I keep getting e-mails from Amazon urging me to buy more cell phone chargers and underwear and the Season 3 DVD set of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. :bad:

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's just because Amazon knows you better than you know yourself. :p

19. Dice

Media:
    And what would Amazon want you to buy Tal? Hmmmmmm?

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Pretty much anything I viewed the last time I was browsing there - I haven't actually bought anything off Amazon in some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.