1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :facepalm:

3. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I'm not sure I agree with the measure, but I would bet there are significant rates of cabin fever in rural areas in the winter. Going stir crazy is not a pleasant experience. :bad:

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe, I'm not sure getting drunk is the best cure for cabin fever :)

I thought it was hilarious that a pub owner/councilman was the one to introduce the bill as well as the fact that apparently only 8 out of 27 council members voted and only 5 voted aye. That means the meaure passed with less that 1/5 of voting members approving. :lol:

5. Gaear

Media:
    Getting drunk is probably not the best cure, but getting out and seeing other people very likely is. And apparently it's a given that when the Irish go out, they drink. It certainly is here on St. Patrick's Day. :p

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think if I went to Ireland I would eat some potatoes.

I wanted to make potatoes yesterday actually and found that they are all turning into alien creatures with long arms so I made chicken taco's without them.

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    If they weren't too soft or wrinkly, just pluck out all their eyes and the alien potatoes would be fine :)

8. Dice

Media:
    Ok BT, noted :p.

Btw, my son keeps buying different editions of Risk. Does any one else have this affliction or should I arrange an intervention?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Risky behaviour, that... :p

10. Dice

Media:
    lol Tal, very punny :p
    -----

btw, I made a new topic in the MUG if anyone is interested.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At 7pm (that's in about 35 mins), our queen is doing an important speech. Presumably, it's about the abdication. Her son Willem-Alexander is a cool guy, but I also really liked our queen. It's kinda cool to have a king again, I think. We haven't had one in 123 years.

Some people are anxious that she is about to tell some bad news about her other son, Friso, who's in a deeply comatose state in a London hospital, but I doubt that. Usually, other officials do these kinds of announcements, iirc.

12. Gaear

Media:
    Just read a little article called "5 Web Sites That Should NEVER pop Up in Your Man's Browser" in which the author advocated having a little snoop while your man was away just to make sure he wasn't doing anything bad online. One of the red flags was 'Spy Sites,' which it was said should be a deal-breaker. Your man spying on you should apparently be unacceptable. :shake:

13. Dice

Media:
    @ Mon - I googled a little bit about that. Your old queen seemed lovely. Congrats on the new king.

@Gaear - I remember the last time I decided to check on my ex's computer. He had put a password on it after a number of years having no password. I'm sure that was not in the least suspicious.

14. Gaear

Media:
    Ha-ha ... I can never understand why people try to dampen suspicion by behaving suspiciously. :skeptic: 'The Purloined Letter' should be required reading. :)

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Went to the dentist and the dental surgeon today. Lots of noise, fluids, bones, and weeping surgeons, but no pain. Anaesthesia has almost worn out. Eating is still funny. :D

16. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    First normal workday since Thursday. The migration of Daihatsu to our warehouse was easy.

The It guys/girls failed.

Lots and lots of overtime so I already started shopping to see what to buy.

17. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My dentist is one of my hockey pals. Nice guy, always late. He also does not understand that there is suppose to be space between you and the car in front of you.

18. Taluntain

Media:
  19. Taluntain

Media:
    Finally fixed that "default picture" bug that's made everyone's portraits/avatars show as default in profile Friends blocks and in social groups. Everyone gets to have their proper pic now!

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Yeah! Nice! I noticed it in the social groups. :)

I see that members with a gem still get the vulture as a default. That was intended, I guess?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.