1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ummm, I mean, I just love those look-and-find-and-wiggle-things games. *Dice offers Mon some tissues.*

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, you're just saying that to make me feel better... :p

Edit: I can't even believe you make me say this in my 3500th post, Dice! :D

3. Dice

Media:
    Holy Cow! 3500! Congrats Mr Mon :p. You could have posted something better than disbelief in my gaming intentions :D I'm amazed you have survived the zombies this long, you should serve yourself a drink.

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The problem with food stores in general is that it is a source of one of my weaknesses.

For me a 500 gr lasagne sometimes is a snack.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    D*** you Steam.

Will save failed. Purchased BGEE.

6. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    Really disappointed right now, I'm going to an anime convention tomorrow and at the last second one of the people I'm sharing a hotel room with bailed out; now me and the other person don't have enough money to stay at the hotel. So now I'm going to have to drive up there all three days; I live relatively far away. This also means that I'm going to have to pay an additional $60 for parking. I'm trying to find a free or cheap parking lot near the hotel (where the convention is being held) though. There's also a bunch of other stuff going on concerning this, such as the fact that my friend has my costume and I'm not sure how I'm going to get it; if you don't have a costume you have to pay an additional $5 on top of the ticket price to attend the convention.

RAGE! RAGE! RAGE!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wouldn't a fake mustache be considered costume? :D

Arctic Daishi likes this.
  8. Merlanni

Media:
    Hmmm. BGEE forced me to think again while gaming

9. Dice

Media:
    Well Arctic, you could find a free parking lot, spend your nights in your car, and then go to the convention dressed as an icicle.

10. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31

Media:
    Okay, I managed to work everything out. I will be driving my friend to the convention and she will give me gas money. We found a cheap parking lot across the street from the convention for $3 a day. It's about 45 minutes away from my house, which is a pain (driving there and back three days in a row). I'll manage though!

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey! I thought 45 minute drives were a piece of cake for Americans. ;) Still, driving back and forth every day is something I imagine you'd rather avoid.

You could skin the person who bailed out and dress up as a doppelgänger.

I'm creating a backup character for a table top D&D game now. It's gonna be something arcane (Warmage/Transmuter/Ultimate Magus). Since all my earlier characters were warrior types, this is something completely new to me. Current stage: Spell Selection. Pfffffft!

12. Dice

Media:
    Oh now I've got " Magic Man " by Heart running through my mind. :p

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, he's got the magic hands....

14. Dice

Media:
    Today is an awesome day - I got a nice gift from somebody special and I dropped off a resume and got to tell the person who was hiring that one of my qualities is that I can gut a fish :D.

@ T2 .... and how would you know that hmmm?

15. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31

Media:
    This is incredible! How have I never gone to any of these things before? I effectively crossdressed at the convention as I was cosplaying as Chibitalia from Hetalia. I'm glad I did though, as I met a bunch of awesome people, most of whom were Hetalia fans. Also, please note that every single girl in the entire convention will walk up to you and give you a hug.

I got knocked out of the Super Smash Bros. tournament on the first round, but it was a touch match and I dragged it out to three rounds (it was best of three). Playing with 5 lives stock, I beat him the first round without losing a single life, I suppose I got cocky after that though, as he beat me (narrowly) the next two rounds.

The best event by far though was the Metal Gear Solid event, sadly there were no boxes, however. We had a war with dart guns with MGS music playing in the background, it doesn't sound like much but it was quite intense. I was the third to last person eliminated on my team and I received extra points for my "great dodging skills." It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, from running out in the middle of the battlefield and dodging every single bullet on a lone wolf ammo run, to kamikaze rushing enemies head on, it was great. The kamikaze rush is what got me killed, however, as the guy I was chasing had his teammate flank me and shoot me.

The third event I went to was a Black Butler event, which wasn't really my cup of tea. No pun intended, as it was effectively a tea party, but with hot chocolate. They auctioned off a pair of panties and human beings. Yes, they had a date auction for one of the people who set up the event. I wasn't really paying attention, but I believe someone payed at least over $40 just to go on a date with her.

I spent most of my time at the convention just hanging out with various people, be they the Hetalia group or a few other people. I also experienced my first kiss today, though I'm not sure it actually counts, as we were playing the pocky game and it only lasted for a second. Regardless, the convention is a blast so far, I'm about to pick up my friend and head up there for day 2! If you want, maybe I can share some pictures with you guys?

P.S.
    Anyone here at the Kawa Kon convention in St. Louis, Missouri?

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow. I wish I had a clue what you were talking about. It sounds fun

17. Dice

Media:
    Sure Arctic, post some pics - that would be cool. Tal probably has the best idea where you should put them - maybe in your profile?

Congrats on the first kiss btw ;)

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sure, put some pics up in an album here... you can also post them in the SPMP social group.

19. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Arctic, some pics would be cool, yes! :) Upload them to your personal album and then add some of them (the non-dreesed up ones, if it's up to me) to the SPMP. We're in need of more pics there. ;)

Also, I don't think the kiss would count as your first kiss, sorry to say. IMO, a kiss has to last a bit longer than that and needs to be unrelated to a game. Unless she looked you in the eyes after that and kissed you again, perhaps. :) But that's just me. As long as you enjoyed it, who cares what's it called or if it counts? :D

20. Dice

Media:
    Lol Mon you should be SP's official kiss inspector :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.