1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's really cool Vorona - I think you must get a lot of personal satisfaction from interacting with your students :).

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We get along fine. :D Sp what's the problem?

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hah, face to face I struggle. I would probably be ok with most of you lot as we've all talked a lot on-line but new people in real life? I freak out and have panic attacks

Nakia and Bladezuez like this.
  4. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I understand that one. :exactly: My wife goes through them and I have learned to help her out. It is just a matter of telling yourself that you know these people and they are willing to accept you the way you are.

5. Dice

Media:
    Panic attacks are not a fun thing to deal with. I'm lucky not to get them but I've had to help other people through them. They are often rooted in some situations that the panicked person has had to deal with in their past.

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah well can't do anything about the past. Not enough booze in the world for that one :bad:

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't go into panic attacks but I can never think of anything to say. I am terrible at small talk even with people I know well. "Nice weather we are having. How is the family? How's the job?" " Yes, great weather. The family is good. The job sucks." I'm an introvert give me a bone with some meat on it. Let me sink my mental teeth into a subject.

Interesting thing is when I visited England I had no problem. I was babbling with strangers at the drop of a hat. Discussed gardening with one woman sitting at a table in the pub we visited. She and her husband where a B&B tour too. :) I think it helped that we didn't do the normal American B&B route. I planned it and we went off the beaten, by Americans, track. We were told that we were appreciated because of that. People were so nice. Except for the guy at the subway/underground whatever it is called station. I think he got off on speaking some incomprehensible dialect to the naive American. Man behind me translated.

Vorona, Dice and Bladezuez like this.
  8. Dice

Media:
    @ Silvery - *cheers* you just reminded me that I need a drink. I take the dark parts of my past and make them into art. I don't get much from looking at lifelike landscapes and still-lives of flowers and fruit. Art/ music/ books .... must have meat and blood. Life isn't always pretty but there can be found a beauty in the grit and shadows.

9. Silvery

Media:
    Everyone should have a drink!

[​IMG]

1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, floor!

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Too much vitamins and minerals for my liking, Silv. :p I decided to have an Islay. :)

I'm catching myself saying two lines a bit too often, lately. Especially during commercials.

Most favourite seems to be Fred Durst's "SHUT the f... up!", like in Limb Bizkit's song (at 1m25) with Method Man:

Also, Eddie Murphy's "Get the f... outta here" seems to be on the tip of my tongue.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Bladezuez likes this.
  11. Silvery

Media:
    That's because the world is full of morons.

Bladezuez likes this.
  12. Dice

Media:
    Speaking of morons, I'm afraid I might have scared a potentially interesting guy away with some ancient poetry .... I might just be worrying to much though ...

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Poetry shouldn't scare off intelligent men. Maybe if you did a weird interpretive reading with bats, candles, and a dead person's ashes it might, but otherwise . . .

In other news, Teaching would be a great profession if it weren't for the students!! ;) I hate the end of a session -- everyone gets owly.

Dice and Bladezuez like this.
  14. Silvery

Media:
    That reminds me of a conversation I once had with a friend of Robs:

J: This is my cupboard of death
    Me: Eh?
    J: It's where I keep my cats
    Me: Erm...I'm pretty sure you shouldn't keep cats in a cupboard
    J: No, silly, they're dead!
    Me: You REALLY shouldn't be keeping dead cats in cupboards
    J: No no, it's the ASHES of my dead cats. And my grandma.
    Me: Grandma's ashes, right?
    J: o_0

Nakia, Dice and Bladezuez like this.
  15. Dice

Media:
    lol Actually I don't have bats or a dead person's ashes, but I do have two mummified baby mice ... would that work? (Oh and I didn't scare the guy off with my poetry although it was a rewrite if one of Sappho's poems changing the feminine parts to masculine parts ... long story)

@ Silvery - Ok after hearing about the dead cat and grandma ashes in the cupboard I don't feel so bad about keeping a pair of mummified baby mice for the last year.

Silvery and Bladezuez like this.
  16. Silvery

Media:
    Is anyone on here an expert in genetics?

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm an expert on sharing my genetic material . . . (hope that wasn't too MUGalicious!)

Why are you asking, Silvery?

Bladezuez likes this.
  18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well silvery, I'm not a gynecologist but I'll have a look.

Bladezuez and Nakia like this.
  19. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *ahem*

20. Silvery

Media:
    You're all SO funny.
    I'm wondering if there is a likely-hood that I have have passed a gene on for causing pre-eclampsia to the boys. I was reading about how it's more likely to pass through the male line and can cause their kids to be born early or have the pregnancy complicated by it

If that doesn't make sense then I may still be drunk

Bladezuez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.