1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You want me to start a "Bacon as an Aphrodisiac" thread? :D

Bladezuez likes this.
  2. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think that would be interesting... :cool:

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If any of you Americans live anywhere near these cinemas then keep an eye out for a film coming out on the 19th of July called 'Ways to live forever'. It's a film adaptation of a book that a friend of mine wrote

-AMC Burbank Town Center 8, Burbank , CA
    -AMC Orange 30, Orange , CA
    -AMC Valley View 16, Dallas , TX
    -AMC Empire 25, New York , NY
    -AMC Loews Cherry Hill 24, Cherry Hill , NJ
    -AMC Loews Streets of Woodfield 20, Schaumburg , IL
    -AMC Hampton Towne Centre 24, Hampton , VA
    -AMC Owings Mills 17, Owings Mills (Baltimore area), MD

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm Canadian so I won't be seeing it I guess.

I have a friend who wrote a book too. It's already won some awards. It's called Dance Gladys Dance in case anyone's interested.

Oh and I have a slight rant! I've been watching "Crossing Jordan" on netflix recently because I've always loved the show and never saw all the episodes. Season 4 episode 7 totally pissed me off though. It says "to be continued" and would you believe they continued it in another television series? Which isn't on netflix - the bastards. grrrrrr

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I'd like to see blogs from LKD and MoN. I'd also like to see more blogs from Dice and Vorona. Just sayin.' ;)

6. Dice

Media:
    Show me yours and I'll show you mine ;). Seriously, I don't know why you aren't blogging Gaear. I've seen some of your lengthier posts and think they would make pretty flavourful blog material. You should try your hand at it.

Oh ... hey you forgot BTA in the "new blog entries" blogs list. He does some cool ones too.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Sorry if this is a violation, but this is a random babbler after all -- if any PnP experts have a chance, please head on over to the DnD thread and look at my question about holy symbols. It's driving me nuts and I want your take on it.

8. Gaear

Media:
    Nah, I'm not a blogger. I assume you have to write interesting stuff to be one, and I'm not even interested in the stuff I write most of the time. ;)

More blogs from BTA would be good, sure, but sometimes they are rather technical and make me shift uncomfortbaly in my seat. :p

9. Dice

Media:

Yah but we all love BTA. Just nod and smile and make witty comments when you don't understand what he's talking about..... He won't notice :p

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ha! I'd rather you ask questions and let me learn ya sumpthin'! But thanks for reading and nodding and smiling as always :)

11. Dice

Media:
    I ask questions only after I can understand the rudimentary concept. If it's beyond me I'll look at it like art ;). (Which I have a lot of experience with.)

Actually I could probably learn to comprehend what you do BTA but I'd need a lot of concentration and probably a "for dummies" manual to get me started. Since I have a million and one other things to do at any given moment I'll probably leave that stuff to the professionals and just enjoy the outcome. Like your awesome ingenious LCD clock! Lol I almost called it an LSD clock :p.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Done.
    It doesn't quite feel right, though. Some things are tough to translate and it's really hard to keep the rhythm/flow going in a non-native language.

Bladezuez, Gaear, Vorona and 2 others like this.
  13. Dice

Media:
    YES! Cool Mon! Going to go read it now.

14. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Wonderful! I'm going to check it out (I am rather . . . ordered . . . in my post/blog viewing: I go from top to bottom--so after this, I'll look at social groups, then blogs).

In true babbling fashion:

Tomorrow is History Day! We get to dress up in costumes and watch the kids do interesting presentations. I'm helping the juniors with Twain's Ghost Story and Cannibalism in the Cars (which, yes, is about cannibals . . . who are also D. C. politicians who feel the need to elect their next meal via paliamentary procedure).

The high school theme is "Rise of Empires", so I'm wearing something Victorian. The food theme, based on the age of exploration, is Latin American cuisine.

I have some lovely carnitas getting started in my crock pot. If they turn out, I'll put the recipe in the cooking thread. Smells heavenly . . .

And maybe I'll write up a blog post about how the day goes, as a whole, since I've had a request :).

Taluntain likes this.
  15. Dice

Media:
    How did the carnitas turn out Vorona? I'm hungry btw.

16. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Bought a toy. Expensive toy. yes it has a battery but it is not that kind of toy.

A Nikon 3200 with 18/105mm. Took me two weeks to convince myself to part with the cash.

And it might not stop there.

Master of Nuhn and Bladezuez like this.
  17. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Alas, the carnitas were very bland. I guess I need to tweak the recipe more. I think I added too much water.

The camera sounds great!

18. Dice

Media:
    Guess you should take some photos and post them then Merlanni.

Too bad about the carnitas - oh well you win some and you lose some :p.

I've been working on a new piece of art. Video art actually. Hopefully its not hokey esoteric.

19. Gaear

Media:
    I hate it when you are browsing some sort of flash or java list on a web page ("15 pics of Derek Jeter's hot new girlfriend!") and the 'next' button doesn't stay in the same place. Seriously, why is that? Is it that difficult to keep it in the same place? Did no one notice that it wasn't staying in the same place? Did no one figure that it not staying in the same place might irritate users? Did no one consider that mistakenly clicking on some other link where the next button used to be might make users just leave the page in disgust? Did no one calculate that users leaving the page is not as good a thing as users staying on the page? wtf :rolleyes:

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, usually it's because of different image sizes and the buttons are placed relative to the image size, so if the image size changes, so does the button position. But yea, it's very annoying to me as well. Some of the scripts have keyboard shortcuts and forward/back (or a combo of other letters) works with them, though. Those are easier to use in such cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.