1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tomorrow is Liberation Day and today is Remembrance of the Dead. I was watching a vid on YT, that got me all misty eyed. There was a passage that I didn't understand. Couldn't hear the old man's words. If somebody could write them down for me, I'd be thankful. :)

Passage is from 4m01 to about 4m09, before "That was on the 3rd of May. The war was over on the 5th of May."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    It sounds like "I was down on the seat and it blew me out. The rest incinerated right there. They never did get out."

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol Canadian 'out' pron :-)

oot!

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah! Right. Thanks, G-man!

Edit:
    Quite some festivities today. 68 years ago, we were liberated by the Canadians (and some Americans, English and Polish. And a handful of French).

Thank your elderly people, please. They've done an awful lot for our freedom. I don't really know what freedom really is (I tend to take it for granted), but I'm quite sure it's awesome!

Here's one of my all time favourites
    (I got life. I've got my freedom)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    1850 - Ashley yelled that Adam had poo'd in the bath.
    1850+12 seconds - both kids were dragged out the bath.
    1852 - The biggest lumps were removed from the bath.
    1853 - I decided to use the steam cleaner to swoosh the remaining poo down the plug hole
    1856 - Finished setting up said steamer
    1857 - Steamer was heated up and ready
    1858 - Discovered what poached turd smelled like

The smell. Oh my God the smell!

Dice, Bladezuez and Master of Nuhn like this.
  6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, I imagine that was a lesson learned. I'm sure your place smells just lovely. :)

7. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Now you know what roses really smell like. :D

8. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @Silvery poor you... :o that must have really stunk... :outta: I have experienced that smell before and it is not pleasant... must have taken quite a while to get rid of it..

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh god Silvo, that was funny. Gross .... but funny. I've never poached turds before but I have had experience with the ominous bathtub bonus. Bleach and rubber gloves are the only answer.

10. Gaear

Media:
    Why is it that kids always want to poop in water? Same thing happens with public pools. :(

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Had a thought. first aid and vampires. CPR?

12. Dice

Media:
    Well Gaear, little tiny kids poop everywhere - that's why they invented diapers.

13. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I suspect that the water relaxes.

14. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Yeah. I recall some pranks involving warm water to make people wet their beds while they sleep.

15. Merlanni

Media:
    Hard disk failure. Still three left.

16. Dice

Media:
    Interesting how those vague statements leave you to imagine almost anything.

17. Gaear

Media:
    I assume he's talking about lumbar. ;)

Merlanni and Dice like this.
  18. Merlanni

Media:
    No, my pc had four working hard disks in it, three SSD and one HDD. The SSD that I used as steam library and for secondary programs has failed.

The non steam game SSD, windows SSD and data HDD disk still work.

This was the first time an SSD Failed. it did not go like a conventional harddisk, is went slowly. first windows had problems with starting up, executing something like chkdsk. I Ignored it to see what happened and it remained stuck in the Bios. after removing the wires to the bad drive windows started up normally.

On the short-list for toys it is. No hurry, I still have lots off empty space on the other ones.

If I had four Hearts, I kept quiet about it. Men in black suits everywhere.

Bladezuez likes this.
  19. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I started writing a new book about a pseudo D&D group that gets sucked into a fantasy world to save it from boredom. I say pseudo D&D because I don't know enough about real D&D to make it realistic. So, I called it Sword and Sorcery (S&S) and can make up the rules as needed, while keeping the D&D flavor. It's been fun so far. I started with a prologue from the wizard who accidentally enchants a Ouija planchette, and have continued with the first chapter where the group is actually playing the game and about to start using the spirit board.

Bladezuez likes this.
  20. Merlanni

Media:
    Need test readers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.