1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Is that I in MILF a first person personal pronoun? :xx:

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aye, if you like.

I have no idea what you just said to be honest

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Is the "I" really *I*? Is it really *you* that Likes to F the Mother?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Could've sworn this wasn't the MUG the last time I checked... take it there, guys and girls.

Merlanni and Bladezuez like this.
  5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol~! Thanks Silvery :p.

6. Dice

Media:
    Been kind of slow around here lately.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just came home from babysitting after doing some shopping. It was dark outside, what isn't all that weird at half past 12 AM and I ran into a slightly drunk woman on my way back home, who for some reason asked me what was in my plastic bag.

Me: Gula djawa, santen and Sereh stems.
    She: Oh, okay! And what's in your other hand?
    Me: A loaf of bread
    She: A what?

I would have expected that after my first answer...

Bladezuez likes this.
  8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A loaf of bread, huh?

Wink wink, nudge nudge. Say no more!

:lol:

9. Dice

Media:
    Ha! I just used a Dutch to English translator to translate the first line you wrote. I didn't realize it was already translated :p.

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mrs Bruno is in The Netherlands for the week ... Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

I have T3V1 and T3V2 at home ... I'm dying.

11. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    I'm sorry (for Mrs Bruno) to say the weather is rather dreadful this spring, but I sure hope she'll enjoy our 2 biggest cities nonetheless. I was born in R'dam, btw, and still live quite close.
    Any particular reason for her visit, T2? Job, family, holiday?

Good luck with the T3's! :)

Btw, Dice: Gula Djawa is Palm Sugar, Sereh is Lemongrass and Santen is compressed coconut cream. But I doubt the woman knew that. :D

12. Dice

Media:
    Give T3V1 and T3V2 the TV and you should have some rest.

@Mon - Those ingredients sound good. Did you make something special with them?

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    MoN -- work and then she'll be playing tourist in Amsterdam.

Dice -- their biggest thrill right now is Lego Batman the Video Game (on PS2). The threat of shutting it down works most of the time. But damn ... I'm getting old and they're just 4 and 7. I'm out numbered, out gunned, and continually getting flanked.

Bladezuez likes this.
  14. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Aargh! I need to vent.

I'm seriously ready to kill someone (not really). For some reason, our curriculum director decided that LAST WEEK (third week before the end of the year) would be the perfect time to have syllabi for all our classes due. She told us this sometime in the middle of the quarter when we were already pretty busy. Since then, as you might imagine, we've gotten busier and busier. So, naturally, everyone was stressed about it last week, and she gave us an extension to this Wednesday (today).

But guess what? Work doesn't go away as you get closer to the end of the semester! It gets worse! If only we had known about this at the beginning of the year, or maybe at least right before Christmas/Winter Break, it would have been manageable.

So yesterday, I was grading papers until 5, then took a dinner break, then worked on these stupid syllabi until 12:30 am, which meant I got almost no sleep. I started them earlier -- about 3 weeks or so ago -- but I didn't really realize the amount of work still needed.

Today, I had MORE papers that I absolutely had to grade today before doing anything else, and I did get done earlier, but the syllabi still aren't done, and I've decided, well, too bad. Three are done, and I have two left. Normally, syllabi aren't a problem, but she wants us to go through all the state standards and include them for every single WEEK we teach -- and we teach 40 weeks per year. And there are 4 main standards with 2-3 substandards each that we need to wade through to find the specific benchmarks she wants.

Anyway, I've given up for tonight. I can't for the life of me understand why she wouldn't have these due sometime during the summer, so that it doesn't conflict with grading, lesson planning, and other necessary work we do that directly impacts the students of THIS YEAR. I'll get the next two done tomorrow and/or Friday. But I can't do another 12:30-5:30 sleep (see my post in the Feeling Old thread).

I'm sure she'll assume my explanation is just an "excuse" (so many people do these days), but I just don't have the stamina to do what she wants. Yes, obviously, I should have done more of this work earlier. But now that I'm in the position that I am in, what else can I do? Continue to wear myself down until I'm a pool of mush? I don't think so.

Thanks for reading my vent :).

In better news, I have a container herb garden, and I'm looking forward to getting my own cat in a few weeks!

Bladezuez likes this.
  15. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I hate it when people who don't have both feet planted firmly on the ground in the real world are in charge. :heh:

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    You're welcome! :D

Are growing catnip in that container? ;)

17. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It is always a mystery how much power those people have.

18. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Thankfully, when I ran into her today and apologized, her response was, "Don't worry about it. I know you. You'll get them done." Whew.

And yes, I have a big beautiful deliciously-scented catnip plant to go in one of the containers :)

Gaear, you have it right. She's a great visionary, but has a lot of difficulty translating it to a reasonable, practical level. She means well, but her implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

Bladezuez likes this.
  19. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I always overdo the chilli powder a bit when baking potatoes. (in oil)

That prickling feeling in your mouth and the urge to drink.

20. Dice

Media:
    Really Vorona? You know that as soon as you get your cat he/she will mow that sucker to the dirt. Lol that reminds me of my brother and the girlfriend he had a number of years ago. The girlfriend liked cats and she also liked marijuana. She was kind enough to babysit my two young cats for a couple months when I was moving around. Anyway apparently she came home to my lovely Ghosty all relaxed laying beside some empty flower pots ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.