1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Yeah, I didn't start my life really until I was in my thirties. It was really depressing.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Today I heard my mum complain about all the restaurant related spam she receives. After talking to her about it I learned she uses her actual email address when ordering food online. First of all why ? , and second, what did she expected ? When I order food online I always use fictional names and email addresses, obvious fictional names. Here's some of the "clever" names I used;

Darth Vader (chosenone@thedeathstar.org), Jean Valjean (24601@bagnedetoulon.fr), Severus Snape (potionguy@hogward.co.uk), Ulfric Stormcloak (ulfric_highking@windhelm.com), Jean Luc Picard (bald_and_proud@enterprise.fed.org)

:lol: -- c'mon that's a little funny, no ?

Dice, Montresor, Vorona and 2 others like this.
  3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think that's funny Flix and I bet some of the bored workers like the entertaining names at least.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lost my temper last night and punched a brick wall. Knocked a chip out the wall and took the skin off my knuckles in the process. I really need to try and control myself

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You daft sod, what made you do that?

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Found out exactly how much of a ******* my cousins husband is being to her. We aren't close or anything but she's MY family.

8. Ofelix

Media:
    That's why I don't get involved with my relative's relation, that and because I believe it's none of my business. But seriously that sucks, hope she gets better. If it can't be resolved there's this new thing called divorce.

9. Silvery

Media:
    She's a moron to be honest. She can't see that there's a problem.

Still, she's my moron

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No she's not -- she's her own moron. She needs to see a way out first (and a need for the way out). Then you can be there for her.

I'm surprised I haven't broken my hand for doing the exact same thing, though. I put my hand through a plaster wall once ... real stupidity on my part.

ION: Johnny Walker Blue Label for Father's Day. I was stunned.

Silvery likes this.
  11. Ofelix

Media:
    Lucky guy, that's some fine whiskey indeed. For Father's day I played a round of golf with my old man. I'm terrible at this game mind you, but damn it I love it. Tell me, is there any other "sport" where you can drink beer and drive a cart around ?. I don't think so. I did manage an awesome birdie though on a par 5, the ball must've been 60 feet from the hole and I sunk it with a single put. It was beautiful. You wouldn't think it from looking but the old man can drive .

Silvery likes this.
  12. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I grilled pork chops for my dad for Father's Day. I used a rub I made up ages ago, so unfortunately, I don't have the recipe. They were quite good, though.

I had a brief period of getting excited about possibly purchasing a smartphone to help with my organizational issues as a teacher until I found out how ungodly expensive it is. The one I want (Samsung Galaxy Note II - officially a phablet) fits in my purse and has a stylus for note-taking and creativity. But it costs over $600 on its own, and to get it with a contract, I have to get a $100/month contract. The $600 is way less expensive than the $2400 2-year contract + $200 for the phone, but it's still too much for me.

So, I happened to find a small 18-month planner that fits in my purse, and with my little notebook, I can keep everything there for around $20. I'll look into a smartphone maybe again next year or in 2 years if I end up in a new, lower-priced 2-year non-data contract.

Paper it is, at least for another year or two.

Bladezuez likes this.
  13. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I think we've probably heard enough man-woman duets on popular radio for now. Please cancel any further duet plans for the immediate future.

Dice likes this.
  14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Had a little hardware failure... but we're back up now.

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is a particular song annoying you or just man-woman duets in general?

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Be strong, Gaear, you can handle it! Don't give up! ('cause you have friends. Don't give up. You're not beaten yet. Don't give up! I knoooow yoouu caaan... make iiit goooood.) :evil:

17. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Smartass. ;)

Just in general, though I can rattle off a few ...

1. Pink and that other dude.
    2. Carly Rae Whatever ("Call Me Maybe!") and that guy from Owl City (or is he himself 'Owl City?').
    3. RiRi and that weird guy, though I actually like this one.
    4. others that I mercifully can't recall atm.

Oh also, can we cancel Justin Timberlake? Does anyone else feel that his songs ("Long as I got mah suit and tie! I'mma give it up on the floor tonight!") are now here near good enough to justify their current airplay? :almostmad:

Dice likes this.
  18. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I've never been a fan of Justin Timberlake -- there's something about his voice that just irritates me. On the other hand, I really like most man-woman duets.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How could you ever dis Elton John and Kiki Dee?

Or Elton John and George Michaels? (okay, not 'technically' a man-woman duet ... but with averaging) 'Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me' is such a great song and George's voice ... the Elton intro....

20. Ofelix

Media:
    I don't know what's wrong with me lately, I'm always hungry, it's annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.