1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Cats are lazy pets for lazy owners. Dogs are real pets for proper pet owners. I don't know a single dog owner who allows their dog to smell. I don't know how the hell you could quantify or justifyu a statement like that.

Silvery likes this.
  2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Subjective much Barmy? :p

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    The first few sentences, maybe. But liking, or not like a certain pet is nothing but subjective. After that, no, it's not.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What a ridiculous thing to say. :lol:

I know several such dog owners (since people get accustomed to the smell of their pets I'm sure most of them don't even realize that they smell), so obviously YMMV.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What does YMMV mean?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    And that's why I don't care much for pets, they smell, they destroy furniture, they're generally annoying, you have to feed them, walk them, urrrrgh. Too much hassle, if I wanted to be that invested in another being I'd make a kid. At least the kid will eventually learn to talk and take care of itself, then resent you, then leave.

Taluntain and Master of Nuhn like this.
  8. Taluntain

Media:
    Funny, that's pretty much become my outlook concerning pets recently after having them for nearly 30 years. I need a break!

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    WTF happened? I was typing my reply and all of a sudden I was at a different page at the boards..?

Anyway:
    Flix: And then you know you've done a good job. :D

I don't particularly fancy pets. Wel.. not in this house. But if I ever get one, I'm sure it'll be a cat.
    I don't think all dogs smell bad and no cat ever does, nor do I think that dog owners don't care for that or whatever.
    Still, I know a lot more dogs that smell funny than cats. But if there's anything smelling in a cat owner's house, it's not the cat but the furniture / litterbox. If I smell something funny in a dog owner's place, it usually is the dog, mainly.

10. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Yes. The biggest problem is when people get used to the smell, whether it's a dog or a cat's litterbox, because then they don't take care of it. I had a friend who almost never did her litterbox, and it constantly smelled over there. Another friend and I gifted her with a housecleaning, and between the nasty carpet she'd used as a litterbox mat and the decomposing dead fish, it was probably my least pleasant cleaning experience of my life. But she didn't notice the smell.

I agree with MoN, though: if there's a funky smell in a house with a cat, it's usually not the cat but the litterbox, but if there's a funky smell in a house with a dog, it usually is the dog.

I'm also not going to disagree with Barmy's lazy point: I am definitely lazy at times. I also like to travel, and cats are better at being left alone than dogs. This is also why I don't want kids.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah procreation is overrated anyway, well not the act itself but rather the end result.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The first few months is tough. But after that the little ones are awesome. I really like from ages ~3 to 12 or so. Then they're a real pain in the ass and just get worse until ... I'm not sure. My older two are in their 20's and still driving me crazy.

T3V1 and T3V2 are 7 and 5 -- they're just a whole lot of fun.

But pets ... I could do without, mainly because they make vacations a chore.

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Never had a dog. Always wanted a dog. Never wanted a cat. Now I have my own household and we have a cat. The wife is afraid of most dogs. She has told me she would be okay with a small dog, but I tell her "we already have a cat, why get another one?".....

Single peeps of SP. If you do get married in the future, take your wedding ring and bang it a few times against something metal. That sound is the sound of Satan. Don't ever forget it.... Also, pummel your best man/maid of honor as when they told you congrats upon hearing about your engagement, they were no longer on your side....the bastards!:D

"Ugh, I need an ale..."

Speaking of which, went to the Minhas brewery on father's day, located in Monroe, WI. Unlimited sampling and after the tour they were tapping full pints. I love that place. :)

Silvery likes this.
  14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I want to comment on the whole cat/dog conversation but I'm a little preoccupied. Oldest son was hanging around outside with a strange girl earlier and his friend from school. His friend from school left but the girl stuck around. At around 10 I went down and told him I was going to bed early and to be in bed by 11. I woke up around midnight and checked the house and he wasn't home or outside. I called his phone which he never answers and he didn't answer. I sent him a text but I don't even know if he has the phone. Now it's close to 1am and I don't know where he is.

15. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    did you ever find him? :confused: I hope that thingz worked out ok. will say a quick prayer for you.

16. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Yikes! That's really scary. I hope everything turns out okay.

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You've had the "talk" with him, right? He knows how "NOT" to get a girl pregnant, right? ;)

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was awake pretty much all night and got a call from him from his school in the morning. He was trying to help a friend of his who ran away and he knew if he called me I would have told him to come back home. We've talked and he knows never to do that again and I suggested that the next time if he's trying to help a friend to just bring the friend over to our house. Providing the friend is trustable.

At Blades - yes we had the talk a long long time ago but him disappearing last night had nothing to do with sex. I will help his friend if I can.

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    Seen on FB that he's safe now Pen, thank god for that! I hope you chewed his ear off about it! Where did he sleep, at his friends? Ah well, we all did that a time or two. I remember many a time my mum gave me ear ache for not letting her know where I was. Even when I was like 18/19 and going out into town, she wouldn't go to bed until I got in lol. The soft sod. Just a mothers instinct to constantly worry I guess.

---------- Added 1 hours, 29 minutes and 1 seconds later... ----------

So what you meant to say is 'of the [several] people I know who own dogs' instead of using the hugely sweeping 'most dog owners', which is obviously wrong* (or maybe people in Slovenia are just 'Slovenly' - boom!)

* I know I did the same about cats, buuut, 1) I was right, and 2) responding in kind :cool:

Silvery likes this.
  20. Taluntain

Media:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.