1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #14 - In Memory of Tobias

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Man, I hate wasps. But that's not all, when I got home from school yesterday, my kitchen was full of them! Honest to God, about 300 of them! I don't have a freaking clue how they got there! My parents are getting an exterminator to come on Saturday, though, so that's always good.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Wasps are evil!
    We constantly had them on our fire wood, so before we brought any inside it had to be sprayed with flyspray!
    And there is a beehive in our roof, but that would cost heaps to remove, because the whole roof would need replacing. Anyhow, bees aren't so bad.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Back home, there's this cold stairway I have to climb to get to my room... there once was a beehive in thestairway. And it's the ONLY way to that room... I was, what, eight? And scared out of my mind.

On the other hand, Chev's comment combined with some things I've recently read just gave me a flash of insight... Guess whar "Sibngle player mode" can be used as an euphenism for? :D

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I see that extremists name is still at the mod-list... Sooo, what are the news? :hmm:

5. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Blaster worm is evil

School computers good.

Filter evil.

:(

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Filter Evil? What level spell is that? :D

On the other hand,t his is the last you will see me before Sunday... I am going to an Anime All-Nighter... Let's hope I'll stay awake...

Mmm... bishies....

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ara, in the event that you still pay any attention to NS at all, I just obliterated Fardinia is a suitablely dramatic manner and turned it into a wasteland.

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] *Frostbite casts Filter Evil*

*Shura is unable to log in*

What the hell...?!! :p :p

@Ara: You wouldn't happen to frequent the Yaoi section in manga/anime shops often, would you?
    :toofar:

9. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Several things to say as I haven't said much in some time.

1. To Alustriel aka Ashley, I'm really sorry about your brother he seemed like a cool kid and I'm sure you'll really miss him. :(

2. Yankees Suck. I can't believe we lost to them last night. That was depressing. :wail: And in typical Red Sox fan fashion all I have to say is, "This year's our year! This time we'll do it!"

3. There is no way to get down from being hyper. Trust me. I drank only two cups of tea last Friday after a football game (a very very cold football game, stupid color guard) and I was wired until 2 in the morning. Yet I had a friend who drank 2 cups of coffee and was tired and went to bed. *shrug* It's all about your body chemistry.

4. Speaking of football games, tomorrow is Westbubble's Homecoming. Now realizing that many of you are not football fans and have no idea how big the high school obsession with it runs, allow me to explain. We have this "special" football game. The day before it they have a pep rally :rolleyes: and that morning they have a parade through the center of town which stops up traffic for a good half an hour (because there is like 2 main routes in this town and everyone has to go on one or the other to get out of here and of course we stop up Main street with floats and a marching band and little kids throwing candy) and then they have this fair-thingy where special interest groups raise money with their booths and then there's the football game and then after that is this special semi-formal dance where they announce the most popular boy and girl of each grade. Sounds lovely right? *gag, choke, gasping for air* So anyways as Color Guard captain I have to put on the illusion of enjoying all this. Luckily this year I don't have to perform at the pep rally but I have to put in a two hour practice this afternoon just so I can teach people to march and go over a routine that nobody knows.... And then tomorrow I have to smile for half an hour in the parade, and then again when we start the football game, do the halftime show, and leave again (even if we lose I have to smile, though in honesty I couldn't care less anyway) I also have to pretend to have extreme amounts of pep and energy. Does it make you want to hurl as much as I do??? :help: :sick: :mommy: At least I don't have to go to the dance.

5. I have a new discman. This would make my 7th in 3 years. Not so bad; they actually last longer than my average walkman (I went through 33 of those in 5 years) On that note I do find it curious that my discman appliances die so much faster than everyone elses. Is it because I use them more than most people? Is it that I put them through more "crashes?" This is a mystery I have yet to unveil.

6. I'm also going to complain a bit more about color guard so run and hide your eyes. :flaming: Yeah so, my school decided it'd be a fun idea to schedule Homecoming on the same day as SATs. So now my co-captain will busy taking SATs as well as another Junior in our group. Also Nicole (my fun, fantasy-loving sophomore who's not great at twirling but has a killer toss and catch -- Boo-yeah!) will be in Disney World. So that leaves me and a newbie because everyone else has been skipping practices. AAAHHH :bang: At least they'll all be there for the game (well except Nicole)

7. And lastly, I hate freewrites in creative writing. Anyone with me on that? I get the idea behind them and I think it's agood idea but I'm already extraordinarily creative and I'm really not worried about getting MORE ideas so much as completing the ones I already have. Meh. Silly Creative Writing class. I had to create two characters that weren't fantasy based for this outline our teacher wants us to do. Originally I was going to write my short story about a bard but she makes us answer all these specific questions that don't go well with ANY fantasy characters. So instead I created this 46 year old bar-owner from the Bronx who moved to Texas. hehe. That's fun.

So I'm done now and you can all stop hiding.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Silverwolf86, your tales of Color Guard remind me of my days in marching band, oh so long ago... Nice to know that some things never change! :roll:

So, Ms. Creative Writer, when are you going to come ply your talents in our cooperative story in CS, huh?! :D

11. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31

@ Rallymama: *shrug* I actually finished writing the first book to a trilogy (all fantasy of course) But I finished it several months before joining SP and so by then it was already 356 *checks* sorry 355 computer pages long... So figure around 575-600 nomral book pages. So my thought was it might just be a bit too long to put it in CS. Although in actuality I refer to it quite often throughout Sorcerer's Place especially since my screen name is a character in my book. So yeah. I'm currently debating when to send it off to Tor Publishing (agents bug me and it's insanely hard to find one really interested in fantasy of my style) and at the moment I've decided to try to get more than just poems published. Anyways, if a lot of people are intersted in it I will put in CS but as I said, it's only the first in a trilogy, and insanely long at that.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Silverwolf86: Sounds very cool! Good luck with getting published. You'll have to get Tal to put up a link when you do!

Honestly, though, I had smething far more modest in mind... Have you read the "Story of the Staff," our current cooperative story? New "faces" are always welcome!

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congrats, Silverwolf.

@Ara: I have a special gift for euphemisms.

Today, I went to visit my friends at Classics Department. One third my highschool class is there. Such nice lasses they have there, not like our Law (with a disturbingly insignificant number of exceptions). And they speak Latin :xx: I'll have to talk to my friends and get into a Classics party. Law parties suck irredeemably and irrevocably. So soon as my wounds have more or less healed, I'll have to pay some attention to Classics.

Bought manuals for law. Civil, penal, administrative, constitutional... international is still to buy. Law sucks and so do manuals. Also studying law sucks. For some reasons I'm still there. Strange. They keep saying I'm lawyer born. Perhaps because I'm a sick bastard and have a knack for getting away with things.

14. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Does anyone of you know by any chance anything ( I'm really not sure if all that "anys" are right :hmm: ) about the sequel to Final Fantasy VII, Advent Children ?

15. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

My sheer angriness has subsided into blankness. I spent all my time with that little guy... :(

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm, Black Ice has died

and RotKU - I don't like being treated like a weirdo, I get enough of it from the other pupils without the teachers starting.

17. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

You should learn to enjoy it. There are very few people who get that sort of privlage.
    And sorry for stopping posting in BlackIce thingy, no one else was so I thought it stupid just me posting.
    *shrugs*

18. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31

Thanks Chev, and yes Rallymama I have been reading it and enjoying it at that. I just don't comment ever. (I'll have to start doing that)

And I know that in my enormous pos above I already complained and ranted about color guard but it bears continuation. See I just went to practice. Unfortunately I was the only one there. One of my friends being in Florida already, another studying for the SATs she's taking tomorrow morning and the last one having been forced to participate in some sort of Student Council function about tomorrow. (Stupid teacher who runs that. . . I NEED EVERY MEMBER I CAN GET) Originally we were supposed to have 6 people this year. In fact it'd been estimated that we'd have 8 because that's how many people first came to the meetings and played with our stuff (swords are attractive, what can I say?) But now there are 4 of us. Oh and tomorrow? I have to solo the parade. Now generally we're also supposed to have an Honor Guard which carries the American and State flags, and the banner. Also if we have ltos of people then they carry rifles too (to protect the flags -- don't ask, it's a silly American tradition that even Americans don't get) And then the color guard twirls batons behind the Honor Guard. Tomorrow I will be the only one. Although I will have 1/2 of a band with me. But only half because the other half will be taking the SATs. Only good thing I have to say about tomorrow is that I won't be the only color guard member on the feild for the half-time show. But in reflection considering that I'm the only at practices lately. . . .

So I ask this question of everyone and no one: Doesn't responsibility suck? And why, why do I care so much? Seriously. If the band sucks without a color guard, why should I care?? Of course I do care and that's why I do this. But it's stupid. So yeah. I'm going to go mope and listen to Moxy Fruvous songs.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Extremist's name is still on the list because I'm still hoping he'll show up again one of these days, though it seems more and more unlikely.

20. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

Oh, thanks, Silver. There was another death of a loved one, but I didn't post it till now because I was...well, too overwhelmed that these two could happen in such quick sequence (Rally, thanks for your kind words). Anyway, my b/f Brett got killed in a drive-by shooting. I don't wnat to talk about it anymore than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.