1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #15

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The National Novel Writing Month. Starts October 1st, ends October 30th. In the mean time, the participants try to chuck out 50.000 words, i.e. a novel.

See the panic? I have only the most vaguest of ideas for mine... 'tis supposed to be a historical tale of my own world, historical in the sense that it's set a few thousand years prior to the "main" storyline... Sort of like, say, the story of Turin Turambar in Tolkien's writings. (And yes, equally strange/Morbid at points...)

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    2002 v. 2003, who cares? It's all arbitrary anyway, especially after Pope Gregory screwed it up. Ever read Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum"?

3. Arabwel

Media:
    Hey, I have! someone had left a paperback lying around at the wars when I was there for the very first time... helped me to endure the boredom of the first few days.

I like that book!

"Do you have a password?"
    "No"
    Access granted.

Or however it goes, I read a translation :p

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Oh! Look!!

The net is working again :)
    Hi guys :wave:

5. Arabwel

Media:
    *hugs Shirkanath*

Nice to see you too!

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

:borg: Feeling VERY unmotivated today... so unmotivated that I almmost didn't get out of bed this morning.

I hate... something... I'll figure out what it is later.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Welcome Back, Shrikanth. I was starting to wonder....

8. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ok. Good luck with the writing then. Kind of reminds me of the school essays though, just on a much grander scale. My main trouble was getting started, but as soon as I was over that stadium, everything went fine. The story usaully came to me during the writing, and all the endings involved a sudden and violent death to the main character as I got tired of writing... :) Strangely enough, my teacher still liked them though... Hmmm, maybe I should get my act together and write something for Creativity surge...

Oh, and remember, writing in 1st person saves you from having to care about a multi-thread story! Atleast, thats the approach I would use the first time I was going to write a novel.... :)

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

My wife is driving me crazy -- WHAT DOES SHE WANT? She says she wants a divorce. So after deep thought, I say, "if you absolutely, totally, and completely see no hope, then fine, lets just do it now, why wait a year?" She flips on me! Gets angry for me trying to give her what she wants! I also inform her that I have commenced flirting with several girls online (she has a boyfriend with whom she spends tons of time) and she gets all ticked at me! WTF? I was going to go to Wyoming to meet one of the girls, and now I'm not sure if I should go.

Life would be so much easier with a few BG2 items.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Wow! That sucks! Sorry to hear about all that turmoil...

On a positive note...I have a date with a cute young lass tonight. She's 23! :eek:

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Life would be much easier with the save/load options, yeah. ;)

Seriously though,I'm sorry to hear your problems aren't over yet, Lordie.

Oh and I'm so :sick: right now. :(

12. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

:wail: I'm never gonna get first post!

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I just finished washing dishes for an hour and a half!!!

Now that's EXCITING!

14. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

My eye hasn"t stopped twitching since 2:10. Sure, it makes a conversation starter, but it's driving me insane.

*needcoffeeneedcoffeeneedcoffeeneedcoffee*

ยค

15. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Sorry to hear about the split Depaara, goin through the same thing myself, but not as bad really. My engagement has just been called off and I'm in depressed mode :(

Hey Ara, did a guy try to chat you up and then pickpocket you?? What a twat!

Anyway, I is just be getting in from the pub and be very merry, as opposed to upset about losing the love of my life. Funny how losing something can teach you to appreciate what you have left :)

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    He's present in Roman historical writings of that time.

DePaara... It's called 'Kali rule' here. It was like 'Kali steal someone cow good, someone steal Kali cow bad'. Basically, she's allowed to have a boyfriend, but you aren't allowed to have a girlfriend. Of course, she there's nothing illogical in this for her. Same is about divorce after a year or now. Does she really want it? I doubt. Personally, I believe she'd rather stay married and having a boyfriend. Harsh words on my part, probably I'm being bitter, but I believed I have some right here. I've seen people through similar fortune. Maybe she wants you to fight? Maybe she really thinks she deserves more rights than you. Maybe she doesn't even think. Or maybe she just wants her part of fun in life. Heh, she's being very inconsequent, and for some time she's been so. About the girls... you'll do what you feel is right, I know this. I hope you won't do anything you would later regret doing. I'll pray for you in a while, as I'm going to sleep soon. Have a good day... maybe something good will happen.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Truly? Didn't know that part. I'm sorry for you Lord Keldin Depaara. Does anybody think that Random babbling post are only here to fill your number of post for new gems? Well I certenly do!

Yeah +1 post

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The only reference to jesus in Roman historical texts is as far as I know....none. I think its Tacitus or Sutonius (sp? its late) that makes one reference to a group called the 'cristan's' (I know that spelling is wrong) in stiring trouble in Rome itself, but apart from that there is nothing contemporary with jesus (a very common name at the time) stating he was 'son of god' or even existed. It is most likely that a preacher named jesus existed however and that his message is 'somewhat' left intact within the bible.

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ahh yes LKD, had that myself early on. When my ex left, she had a guy pretty soon after but as soon as I had a new girl, she'd be all up in my face about it claiming I didn't love my son!

Women.

Anyway, funniest thing happened couple days ago, I was walking into town wearing my black greatcost (reportedly it's ex-German Military, not proper buttons though so I can't tell for sure, though there IS a lighter-coloured band around the wrist of it) and some joker leaned out his car window and yelled out "Matrix!". What a joker, the actual inspiration for me to wear it came from The Crow! Some people know nothing

20. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Got home from school today to a bottle of coke-cola and the smell of smoke. Turned out a fire we had down in the gardern the other day had lit up again and had started to spread!
    What an exciting day it had been! And a bottle of coke to top it all off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.