1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #17

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I should hope so! Stravinsky didn't write 'The Rite of Spring' too recently. I think it was something like 82 years ago. Sounds pretty old to me. But, of course, if you refer to the genre of music under which Stravinsky should be catorgorised, then yes, it would be modern.

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Pff, duma is now controlled by "United Russia" -almost completely. Say bye-bye to democracy, greet China-like communism. :rolleyes:
    ---
    Bigger "pff" for those US soldiers that stay in Irak even though their contract is ending; Washington decided, without asking anything, to prolong it with a year or ten. Rather submissive if there is no burning rebellion by now. :shake:

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    WooHoo....my hubby and I are FINALLY going to see TLotR3 on friday. I can hardly wait.

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

You won't be disappointed ;)

Just saw 'Out of Time' at the pics and thought it was pretty good. Forgettable, but good :)

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Got back on a computer. Awesome. So is Pvp. Great recent issues. Awesome.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Man I'm bored...I need a job I think, and they said that the holiday season would make it easier to get one!

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The PnP Fallout system is a slow, clunky system. Methinks Pathwanderer campaign in the Fallout universe will work much better.

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    [​IMG] WAAAAH! I just passed out while I was on the toilet! Now my face is bruised, my leg is bleeding, but thank God I stopped when I passed out!

[ December 30, 2003, 13:56: Message edited by: reepnorp ]

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] @reepnorp - wow! That must have been one, err, "odorous" bit of, err, "business" you were doing in there to make you pass out. Next time, use some air freshener. :p

P.S. - at least you're OK. :)

10. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

That's scary!

I once fell asleep on the toilet, but that was after the consumption of a large amount of beer and other alcoholic beverages... ;)

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Upon the day last afore the Eve of New Year two thousand and fourth, for to replenish his stocks to the shoppe did His Boozeness go, Lord the Grand Master of The Most Persistent Order of Everfull Chalice, and alcohol did he buy: half a litre of 40% vodka, a litre of 15-17% wine with herbs and three quarters of a litre of champagne. Small was the purchase for His Boozeness was to drink alone that night.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] One of my platoon mates passed out once using a common latrine dug out in the jungle.

Unfortunately, he fell into the cesspit.

It was not a nice day for him, considering that we only found him face-down in filth an hour later.

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Thank you for sharing that lovely visual image, Shura. Now my day is complete.

14. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ewww
    Yucky.

I keep putting holes in stuff with my sword...
    *scowls* stupid bastard sword.
    *looks across at her sword, which is on her lap*
    Ah! It's too pretty! And shiny, and sharp! I can't stay mad at you!

*goes back to polishing it*

nya. I've been polishining it for two days... there won't be any left of it by the end of the week...

wow. 15 and my parents let me get a bastard sword... It's too heavy for me to weild one handed properly. :(

I get a picture of it on SP photos some time.

15. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Whee! New Year's Eve! The problem is that I don't have much money. Well, I have to drink something cheap tonight.

My 666th post :evil:

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I sense great evil in this one, Be carefull as the dark side has more trick than you though, it's easy to fall to the dark side of the spam...

May the spam be with you!

Note: I've played Kotor for 8 hours in a row mmm I think I need a break, I'll go watch The empire strike back...
    :tie:

17. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Go Harkle! :evil:

Just one week and I've already finished both the HotU campaign and read the whole Dark Elf Trilogy.

18. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Getting the Six-Packs of Fosters and Pilsner will be an interesting challenge, but I'll need them if I want to get in the door of the Hall. They're well hidden inside the city's Brownbag Store...so I'll have to do some scouting around. Problem is the place is fully active, day and night...not even I could stay undetected for very long.

Well, they say that the best place to hide a letter is on the mantlepiece. With that in mind I'll be going in by the front door...dressed as a Local Wino. That should be perfect since Winos aren't allowed to speak while on the Store's grounds.

My contacts can get me a Wino's pass to get me through the gate. Once inside I'll be free to take my time...explore the place thoroughly...and find the Beer. As long as I don't do anything violent...or get caught somewhere I shouldn't be.

Because as the new arrival I'll be the first person they suspect if anything goes wrong....

19. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hey... 55 minutes till the beginning of 2004. What to do....

Well... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: (can't seem to find any partyblowers, but this one is close enough ;) )

:D

20. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This is the 77777th post in whatnots!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.