1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #18

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My God! Just got back online at the library and it seems I have been logged on here at BoM since last week! Didn't think I was 'cos as I was posting last week (22nd I think), the site crashed on me. But I could log on at another computer on Friday so I thought I'd ben logged out automatically.

Anyway, WTF is with American Idol 3?? Have the last 2 been similar in auditions? Makes me glad I didn't really watch Aussie Idol much - only the last couple of shows.

Oh yeah, a couple days late maybe but Happy Australia Day for yesterday to all my fellow Aussies be you here in Oz or overseas somewhere!

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is hell. Two days of -32C weather and going on number three. My generally clear skin is going into leopard spots from the cold and the heater in my work place brings the inside to just around the freezing point.

I'm just thankful that I don't work at our new location where the heater is completely broken! Two employee's there that are going to be glad to get home in the evening. I asked one of my bosses if he was going to close the other store tomorrow and he said, "You can't just close a store for the day." I wonder how the Canadian labour board feels about employees freezing to death in their work place? Apparently my bosses aren't that concerned.

3. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I rock so much. Some of you that visit #Sorcerers when I am in the hungry mood might know of my exploits in the kitchen, and how insanely cool they happen to be. Well, last night, I created a masterpiece.

Rice:
    Use the correct ratio of water:rice to make it the normal way. But, before you start to boil the water, add the following ingredients.
    • Cloves
      Nutmeg
      Cinnamon Quill
      Bay Leaves
      Cardamoms
    Leave to cook.

Mince:
    Then, get out some beef mince. It doesn't have to be of great quality, but it does make a difference. You will also need some peas and olive oil. Then, grab the following ingredients and place them on the bench.
    • Minced Chilli (can use fresh chillis if you wish, would probably effect the taste)
      Minced Ginger
      Curry Powder
      Paprkia
      Cajun Spice mix
      Black pepper (crushed)
      Black Mustard seeds (crushed)
    Mix the above mentioned spices in a bowl and be prepared to add them to the mince.

Next, grab a deep pan and put some olive oil in the bottom. I like to use a late harvest olive oil. More subtle flavour in both salad dressings and pan cooking. Anyway, heat the pan up with the oil and add the premium beef mince. Cook until brown and then slowly add the spices, making sure that they mix evenly over the mince. Don't add it at once unless you want a huge clump of flavour in the mince. At this stage, you could probably add some Taco Seasoning if you want that sort of mexican flavour. When it is thouroughly mixed through, add a small amount of water and add some peas. As soon as the peas are warmed through (they will condense slightly), take off the heat. If you have timed well, the rice should be ready by now. Add the rice to the mince and stir through. And Voila! You have a nice tasting meal ready for consumption. Won't take longer than 20 minutes, as you will need to cook the rice. The mince will take 10 minutes tops.

/end episode of Consuming Passions.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Rotku's hungry and he just had dinner :(
    *goes off to find some more food*

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Go ahead and DIE, Interplay! Just ... DIE! With all speed disappear into some deep dark abyss or some such. Forever cease in existance. Never trouble the good gaming people of the world again. Be burnt away by a scorching blast of avenging lightening send from the heavens to cleanse the Earth of your filth. Let the deepest pits open up beneath your corperate buildings and let them be swallowed whole. May the crap you release explode inside the crappy consoles you place them in. Die in as swift a manner as possible.

And yes, I do realise that this is an extremely delayed reaction. I just had this sudden urge to rant and flame after having a look at the Iply website. Dark Alliance fans indeed, pfft.

[ January 28, 2004, 12:43: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I can't decide if I should play Baldur's Gate or World of Xeen again.

7. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

In Philosophy class right now. About to take a quiz in the next 5 min, wish me luck.

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31

good luck :thumb:

I didn't get any injuries - horray :D

I need a shave :(

9. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

[​IMG] Hey, where's Eze? Haven't heard from her in a long time now...

10. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Tal banned her. its in a prev random babble

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Ok, got it. Also got that I shouldn't ask why she was banned, at least in detail :D

12. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

Anyone wanna help me choosing between good ol' World of Xeen and the ultra-modern Baldur's Gate? :grin:

13. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

X-Com!

/me goes play Jedi Knight 2 now.

14. Malovae Gems: 18/31

First x-com was the best. Ah, my good old playstation days :happy:

15. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

BG it is. Whee.

16. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Does anyone else here HATE Forecasting and job/process costing?
    Why does it have to suck so bad :mad:

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

@Shrikanth

I don't know. What is it?

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    These are terms used in the exciting world of accountancy!

Yes, you too can use your magical crystal ball to anticipate future financial results (forecasting) or determine the real cost of producing goods and services (job/process costing). These and other fascinating abilities can be yours if you have the extraordinary skill it takes to become an accountant. :D

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It is snowing in England! :wave:

20. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Man, it's so ****ed up to be French and the international pariah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.