1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #18

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    That's terrible! I must find the path to regain the feeling I had on Sorcerer!

I will not rest until I find out. And woe to those who opose me in my search!

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Rotku went to see RotK today, for the second time. The seats where so uncomfortable, and this was the same place that they held the world premire! I can't belive that they made the actors sit on those chairs, unless of course they've had them secretly replaced since then.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LMAO - I just read a review on GameSpot of a game called Big Rigs - they gave it the lowest score possible - 1.0! :eek:

Hurry now while quantities last! :shake:

4. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

/me runs to the store

Woot, got the last copy!

Sounds pretty sweet huh?

5. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I just came back from a weekend of hiking in Germany. In three days I walked about 120 km. My feet are a bit sore (I need some new boots!), but I had a great time! I decided that I will walk the Vierdaagse in Nijmegen this summer, that's 200 km in four days...

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Deep fried onion is 52% fat and extremely addictive.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Luckey Baldrak! Sounds so much fun!

8. Troll Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Big Rigs, Published by real bad *cough* Truckers.

Nice catch Splunge. The third reader review by Ummagumma is definetly worth reading, it cheered me up anyway, and now I'm feeling mischevious.

Just to spit vodka on the fire, look what I found:

Stella Stone LLC is a new software company that developed Big Rigs. They use Russian coders (as they are cheaper). They offer a list of services including the development of a basic 3D game for $15,000 (I think Big Rigs fits this description).

Now using approximate figures:

Game sale price $9.00
    Less 25% Store profit leaves $7.20
    Less cost of CD, case and cover leaves £6.20

Gross profit = $6.20

Number of game sales required to break even : $15000/$6.20 = 2420 sales

(I know I left tax and distribution out, but this is only for demonstration purposes)

There are bound to be 2420 suckers out there who will buy the game expecting TOCA style racing in trucks. In fact there are probably thousands more parents out there who will buy the game because 'little Jimmy likes Monster Trucks'.

The game's cover and blurb are false advertising at its finest, but I don't think Stella Stone are going to miss a moments sleep as their ill gotten gains mount up.

I actually fell for this scam once and bought a $10 'Write your own 3D computer Game' CD from a shopping center checkout stand. True to form, it was *Enter four letter expletive of choice*.

Now I must leave to set the wheels rolling on my Stella Stone developed Dune Buggy racing game complete with police chases and helicopter explosions (well that's what will be on the cover anyway).

Sing! (join in when you know the words)

Gold, gold, gold!
    Gold, gold, gold!
    Gold....

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

OK, people! Wake it up! Wake it up!

If I'm not sleeping, no one else is, either.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

What's sleep? I had about an hour after doing the CD thing I mentioned earlier (and you can add another one to the Track 4's, making it 19) and am now on about 52 hours with no sleep.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My weekend:

Friday, wanted to go clubbing. Ended up falling asleep around eightish.
    Saturday: Woke up at 3 p.m, and except for a quick foray to the store for broth cubes and chocolate, just lazed around until 8 am when fell asleep again. Spent all money on the cubes and chocolate, so no cllubbing.
    Sunday: Woke at 5 p.m. and have been awake since then. Got addicted to a game named triTryst...

I need a life.

12. Rotku

That is eightish AM isn't it? If not you had a very long sleep! 19 hours :eek:

13. Arabwel

Media:
    Nope, eightish PM.

My record on sleeping is from six pm friday to 10 am Sunday... with a few unintelligble vertical moments when I had to go to the bathroom. Vertical, not awake.

I have come to the conclusion that I live on a 36 hor day...

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

And so the KoSP gets turned out on its arse ... again. Whither we shalt go now, only the numerous people recieving PMs from Rotku can tell...

Eh, probably a good thing in the long run. We were about to move on and stop leaching of Frosty anyhow, like the nomads we are ;)

15. Arabwel

Media:
    The chat is as insane as ever.

School sucks.

:coffee:

You corrupted me.

Bah.

*SPAM*

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Life? What is it? My time is divided between computers (practically equal to SPing), reading fantasy books, girls and sleeping in this exact order.

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ha ! I have stopped smoking for 3 days!

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    /me does a happydance for Sarevok!

19. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I stopped smoking about half a year ago and I have to warn you that the first month is the hardest, but after that being a non-smoker is not so difficult...

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Is it just me, or is the Alley getting less and less interesting to follow?

I just jumped into a topic and saw a couple huge dissertations, refuting other dissertations line by line.

Ugh...not for me! :good:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.